Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by liw5215
can you ask them to just close your WF PP and send you a check of $1097?
firstly I happen to already know from a long ago use of a WF card I closed without pains, that if a customer asks to close a card, it takes like 20-30 days to get a check, less a $8 fee.

But in this case, I would argue that they need to close it without said fees, or any call in fees either.

I did this but they said things like:

We cannot see that it is closed or opened. We know it's not closed but we cannot do anything til the freeze is over.

You can see that this is frustrating. Especially since they say they dunno if it's closed or open but then they say it's not closed haha

So this banker tonight who suggested I contact my CC was actually giving me the best advice I had gotten thus far.

And with Chase, it turns out I was able to dispute ONLY the $1097 because I don't have issue with what I spent, the load fee, the previous use or even the first monthly fee I was already assessed in October.

After all I did use it once in October so I deserve that $3 fee. I just wanted to know WHEN I could know things or where my money was. And now I just want out and no more WFat all. I could float these funds of course, but trust me, on today's calls I tried everything. I even tried to drive home the theory that their rules and this CSRs ineptitude was keeping a father from having enough money for the kids to enjoy anything this fall. I need my cash. They didn't budge.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Sounds like it's time to file a complaint with the state regulatory agency
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:37 pm

It looks like that only option at this time is to wait. if they still have your account open, just slow down a little, one mile at a time! WF PP is a good alternative to WM BlueBird, which only eats Beans.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Sounds like it's time to file a complaint with the state regulatory agency
agreed.
I am already planning on it!

Originally Posted by liw5215
It looks like that only option at this time is to wait. if they still have your account open, just slow down a little, one mile at a time! WF PP is a good alternative to WM BlueBird, which only eats Beans.
I will do the Chase thing and be done with WF. I was actually going to use up the funds in October anyway and was stopped when this happened. Now I can do nothing but get angered by inept systems and policy. If I told you more of what I dealt with on this matter your head would spin so I will spare you. But trust me I want nothing more to do with anything WF.

I used to have a second mortgage with them (in 2006 I think) and paid it off in double time (of course they don't care about good history) and if I were to buy property and find out the lender was them, I wouldn't close on the deal. Whatever it is I did or did not do, I don't even care now. They have lost a customer and may have to deal with whatever agencies I tell about it. So long as the Chase chargeback goes as planned, I am happy to lose 1,100 miles and be free of this junk.

A WF could load a BB but you could also risk whatever happened to me too. Then you have nothing til you find out 1-2-3-4 weeks later?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
I've used 3 cards to load. Loaded from each card once. No problem.
wow.. thats great news. Thanks a lot ddallas..
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
The Chase guy had no issue with my having a PP card I told him people like me use them to have debit visa cards they can use that only have a little bit of money on them for personal security and he agreed that was a good idea.[/I]
^ Interesting
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by SGJazz
^ Interesting
or you can say, my kids are in college, instead of adding them onto my chase cards, I rather like giving a prepaid card.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a little update from me on my still held WF card.

I was told to wait 10 business days to find out anything. I had been led to believe this was the 24th, which is 10 business days from when I first called in on the 10th when I first had problems with it. But the issue had been re escalated on the 15th so it became the 29th.

I called on the 29th and they said to try the 30th.
I tried today and a supervisor eventually came on the call who agreed it should have been resolved by now. He had no idea what was wrong. So he could not tell me. He promised to call me and I had to go out but when I came home there was a lengthy message from him stating he had no idea still, and that no one knew how long to wait and to just wait. It went on for a while but talked in circles basically saying just that. Wait and who knows for how long or for why.

I did not like this. It's been since the 3rd since I last successfully used my WF card and since the 10th that this whole thing started up.

I called Visa itself. They handle all cards but could do nothing. Visa connected me back to WF PP CS. There is no other place that handles these cards. I had called a bank office in SF, which is where WF seems to be headquartered but they told me to call Visa. And they could not provide any number to any office anywhere that could oversee anything about these PP cards.

Strange that no party in WF polices or oversees its pp division. In fact I find that hard to believe. But I cant find anyone willing to provide anything overseeing anything on the prepaid side at all.

I am waiting for paperwork from my Chase card to do the dispute but am still very curious as to what exactly happened and of course, if the card were reopened after all this, I would rather spend it out than dispute thru the CC, but I also want this done.

So as of now, I was told by a supervisor at WF that as of Oct 31 at 4pm ESt I will have an answer and they will call me to provide it. If I miss this call I can call back and notes in the system will enable any rep to provide it to me. We shall see if this is true!

I dont believe it.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: many
Don't worry MM, Cartera now is handling the WF PP division, you are in good hands
Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcharles
Don't worry MM, Cartera now is handling the WF PP division, you are in good hands
hahaha I am beginning to think that is EXACTLY the case!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

updates

After dealing with some pretty stoopid people over at WF prepaid, I was asked by a CSR if I wanted her to re escalate the case that was already past its time for my waiting 10 business days to get an answer as to why funds were held up. I said NO thanks, because I knew now that doing this would send it out for ANOTHER 10 business days...

Today I found out that's exactly what the fools did anyway. I snapped.

I looked into which agency regulates WF and found the information here:

http://www.ffiec.gov/consumercenter/default.aspx

Later, however, I actually got a call from a person at Wells Fargo exec offices...

WF called from 925 946 3817 and it was a woman named Reyna from the ATM Executive Office. She said they received the letter I had written and she assured me it's going to be dealt with. This was due to my mailing them, not to others inquiring from within. No one else did anything. She said she needed my full card number so I provided it to her and then I informed her I was demanding immediate resolution to this, an overnighted check, and a gift card of no less than $500 compensation from WF. I also went on to say I am writing to the office of the Comptroller of the Currency (who regulates WF) and planning on filing with the BBB among others. She noted all of this and did tell me it could take more time to research this issue. When asked how long she said up to 10 business days!!

I strongly suggested she cut that to ONE day and was adamant in my demands for obvious reasons. She noted this as well and provided me with a phone number to reach the exec office for this: 888-849-1855. Also a Fax: 925-946-2434. And their direct address: Wells Fargo ATM Executive Office, 1350 Montgomery Way, Suite 500, Walnut Creek, CA 94598.

I feel all here who ever run into ANYTHING with this company have every right to know this information. I had to bust my arse for it, but I share it with FT in hopes you all don't have to go through what I have had to deal with. I mean, hey, it's only $1,100 but it's still $1,100! And it's crap too! the runaround I have been fed is unbelievable and yet I am living it now.

Anyway Reyna had no way for me to email to her and I wanted to send her a write up of all my notes since the time of when I had sent my letter dated 10/24. I faxed it all this evening. She said I could contact them any time with questions and if I do send anything to make it to her attention.

I also faxed the Office of the Comptroller the same materials and they will build a case. And then tonight I filed this with the BBB, which filed it with a CA branch of the BBB. I got a case number and will now have to wait for any replies from each of these entities.

Should there be significant delays or twists, my next step is SCC.
Why not, right?

MM

...and for anyone not sure how to handle this and other related posts, I just hope it never happens to you--whatever IT even was! I still have no idea.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:51 pm
xp0

Good lucky buddy!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:13 pm

I only wish I was involved in this situation instead of what I'm dealing with now. Half my credit cards from a 7-app-o-rama this week are tied up by the bungeling USPS forwarding all my mail because of a simple misreading on their part of "individual" to entire "family". My credit bureau has reflected a new address with alerts, 6 of my existing accounts were changed without consenting with me first. And what I thought was resolved 12 days ago with 4 change of addresses for extra measure turned out to be futal. Multiple phone calls to local and headquarters of the USPS has ended up with promised fixes. And I leave to live in China in 2 weeks. Glad I didn't arrange to have my work visa returned through them. I learned my lesson the last time when the lost my passport for 10 days.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xp0
Good lucky buddy!
I'm going to need it at this point! Believe me I have internally questioned all kinds of notions on this one. This one has me buggered. I have asked myself things like, Gee man, why does this junk happen to YOU? or, maybe this is like God telling you to call it quits lol, or you must have pissed someone off elsewhere so karma is getting you back. Then again, I am NOT really asking those things but I am thinking them, and in the end I also happen to want my money back and an answer as to wth happened.

Originally Posted by scwam
I only wish I was involved in this situation instead of what I'm dealing with now. Half my credit cards from a 7-app-o-rama this week are tied up by the bungeling USPS forwarding all my mail because of a simple misreading on their part of "individual" to entire "family". My credit bureau has reflected a new address with alerts, 6 of my existing accounts were changed without consenting with me first. And what I thought was resolved 12 days ago with 4 change of addresses for extra measure turned out to be futal. Multiple phone calls to local and headquarters of the USPS has ended up with promised fixes. And I leave to live in China in 2 weeks. Glad I didn't arrange to have my work visa returned through them. I learned my lesson the last time when the lost my passport for 10 days.
I have had credit report issues that spiral endlessly because of some stupid glitch someone entered somewhere. Happened once with student loans... I had paid them off in full years before but then one day they all appeared on my reports and late! I had to scramble for old dusty records I did somehow keep and prove to them I was paid up. It took months to recover from this as it became my problem and all credit stuff was trashed for a long time after. Someone's blunder ruined my day.

All things are relative and losing a passport or having issues like the ones you describe are obviously worse than my dumb WF card and the locked up funds. I mean I know it's not like the bank is planning to just keep my money forever... but on the other hand, my wife kinda wants us to have it not them. I suppose in the end, one can do three things: Do nothing and sign up for nothing nowhere never ever in life at all, or get really lucky, or fight on.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have asked myself things like, Gee man, why does this junk happen to YOU? or, maybe this is like God telling you to call it quits lol, or you must have pissed someone off elsewhere so karma is getting you back.
I will go with all of the above.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.