Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by DrSifu
-$5.00 per load if using a non-Wells Fargo card
Does anyone have any experience on loading WF Prepaid card with Vanilla Reload? How does the loading fees are charged? Is it $5 per $500 Vanilla card?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
I think this is awesome information for anyone trying to meet Spending requirements! Im about to do an APP-O-Rama that would require me to spend about 26k in 6 months. This is going to help me a lot. Thanks OP. ^
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by koolr
Does anyone have any experience on loading WF Prepaid card with Vanilla Reload? How does the loading fees are charged? Is it $5 per $500 Vanilla card?
Try it and see what happens.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
Try it and see what happens.
Well, before trying out, just wanted to find out if anyone has any experience.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Well, before trying out, just wanted to find out if anyone has any experience.
Why would you want to use it? I mean that in the most inquisitive way, no disrespect at all. But why pay 2 fees (Vanilla + WF) to access the same amount of money? Why not buy the WF credit directly with your CC?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Why would you want to use it? I mean that in the most inquisitive way, no disrespect at all. But why pay 2 fees (Vanilla + WF) to access the same amount of money? Why not buy the WF credit directly with your CC?
If I buy Vanilla Reloads at OD, then I can get additional 5x UR with my Ink, i.e. 50K UR in two months with 10K spend on Ink + spend bonus (50K UR).
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:10 pm

Meeting spend requirements on a citi card which classifies WF as a cash advance otherwise?

Maybe some arbitrage opportunities for cards with very rewarding purchase amounts at certain merchant codes (IE: grocery store).

Hiding the true intent of your purchases from your card issues if you need to do a lot.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
If I buy Vanilla Reloads at OD, then I can get additional 5x UR with my Ink, i.e. 50K UR in two months with 10K spend on Ink + spend bonus (50K UR).
Gotcha. I can see the benefit there. Buy them at OD, load up the WF card and then cash out. You'd take 2 devaluations in your money but be getting the 5x and cash out.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:39 pm

Gotcha. I can see the benefit there. Buy them at OD, load up the WF card and then cash out. You'd take 2 devaluations in your money but be getting the 5x and cash out.
Seems like I would be spending additional $160 for 40K additional UR points. Is it woth it?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Anyone tried to load from Amex?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Seems like I would be spending additional $160 for 40K additional UR points. Is it woth it?

hell yeah
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by al613
Anyone tried to load from Amex?
With posts like this one, I can understand why the old timers get frustrated with some of these types of posts.

No one bothers to read the thread. See post #5 by dctech.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:29 pm

I've been testing out the wells fargo card for the past 2 months. So far all chase cards posted points!! YEAH!! However I have a drawback, wells fargo has prevented me to load further funds after about $5000 loads. I get a message saying maximum amount loaded. Did not say how long I can load again nor did I find anything in the terms and conditions page.

Plus, I also received a few calls from wells fargo fraud prevention department asking about the transactions on my account. I've responded back and have those cleared out.

At the moment I havent yet checked with prepaid department about funding my card further. My plan is to give it some time and check on it later. Don't want to disturb the flag and have this killed.

These are my experiences.

Tread at your own pace....
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by DrSifu
With posts like this one, I can understand why the old timers get frustrated with some of these types of posts.

No one bothers to read the thread. See post #5 by dctech.
thanks! (oy vey)
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:36 pm

I am going to try it out and see, what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.