Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Old Sep 18, 12, 10:53 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by koolr View Post
In my experience, the same limit applies to in store purchses. I tried to charge more than $600 twice and did not go through. Then I charged $599 and it went through.
I'm experiencing similar limits.

I think ADK woke up in a good mood today as his basic pointers today are the most useful bits of info that have been published in this and the spending threads for quite a long time. Unless you are heading in the same direction as these guys.
Old Sep 18, 12, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HHonors
Do we have a data point on how Cap One processes the loads? Someone mentioned they used Cap One, but didn't say how it was processed or whether they earned Venture points.
Old Sep 19, 12, 3:39 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Finally got order to go through. Ordered it using my WF debit card with no fee. Will change funding source after I receive it.

ole!
Old Sep 20, 12, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
So you are saying that i could not do the usual $990 WalMart Money Order, just a max of $599.40 + the .60 fee?

JudyJFLA - almost back for another miles season

Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
I'm experiencing similar limits.

I think ADK woke up in a good mood today as his basic pointers today are the most useful bits of info that have been published in this and the spending threads for quite a long time. Unless you are heading in the same direction as these guys.
Old Sep 21, 12, 6:56 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA View Post
So you are saying that i could not do the usual $990 WalMart Money Order, just a max of $599.40 + the .60 fee?

I haven't worked out the limit to the nearest cent, but $400 works and $1000 doesn't.

And I think ADK's sage advice applies. Better off doing a few $289.83, $371.05, $221.82, $501.35 etc than $400, $400, $400, $400
Old Sep 21, 12, 10:00 am

Correct. Maybe I should start a blog. Would be the first one with correct info!
Old Sep 21, 12, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt whatever the call it, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat but still earning millions of points

I would think that in either situation going that close to the limit would be a reason for WF to shut you down like NetSpend. Unless you are making alot of larger purchases on both cards too. Both WF and the others know what's up.

I buy them for odd amounts like 287.50 and 312.25 but that is because I want mine to last when others get shutdown. I have to buy them on my SO's card because I finally found out why I kept getting Max Reload Limit reached when I didn't have a current load go thru.

After WF filed an Escalation it took them 2 weeks with my card froze up to tell me that it was because of my spending. Now I am using extra care and going slow to not blow up her card.
Old Sep 23, 12, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by adlibitum View Post
Added two non-Wells credit cards as funding cards and used each once to load but so far no load fee charged.

Do they charge end of month or is first load free per funding card as suggested upthread?
I, too, was not charged a load fee...
Old Sep 23, 12, 8:29 am

How long does it take to receive the card after you sign up online?
Will Chase Ink or Sapphire (not preferred) be charged as purchase and not cash advance?
I would like to start with $2k or $2500 for the lst reload.
Old Sep 23, 12, 8:53 am
Suspended

the max money order amount you can do is $600 including the $1 or $2 fee? Can the money order be purchased at currency exchange?

anyone tried withdrawing cash at WF atm more then twice a month for the fee?

I do use the cad for other purchases too.
Old Sep 23, 12, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
How long does it take to receive the card after you sign up online?
Will Chase Ink or Sapphire (not preferred) be charged as purchase and not cash advance?
I would like to start with $2k or $2500 for the lst reload.
Have you tried Chase cards yet? can you share the outcome? thanks
Old Sep 23, 12, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215 View Post

Can't try the Chase card till I apply for the card thus asking how long it takes to receive the card.......if the answer is "no " to Chase than I won't need the card.

Unfortunately, can't load with AMEX card
Old Sep 23, 12, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215 View Post
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Can't try the Chase card till I apply for the card thus asking how long it takes to receive the card.......if the answer is "no " to Chase than I won't need the card.

Unfortunately, can't load with AMEX card
CSP posts as purchase. Can't guarantee UR points will appear, though, as my statement hasn't closed yet.
Old Sep 23, 12, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by sk8uno View Post
CSP posts as purchase. Can't guarantee UR points will appear, though, as my statement hasn't closed yet.

Thank you.
Old Sep 23, 12, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by 323kid View Post
I had been getting a similar response when trying to load my card and called Chase to find out what the issue was. I was told that my transaction attempts (i thought it was a WF site issue, so I attempted this a few times) were denied because they exceeded my cash advance limit.

I then remembered reading Chase initially posts these transactions a cash advance but then shortly convert to purchases, so I lowered my load amounts and all worked out well.
did your transaction eventually go through for CV card? if yes, it is listed as purchase or CA? also did you earn the points for the amount? Thanks

Search this Thread