Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Old May 26, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
If you think it was so lucrative, why don't you try and set something up? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people just on this board who would gladly take you up on your service.

You accept credit cards for loads, right?
Probably WF was violating some regulation in their T&C and was asked to close the operation. You are suggesting me to 'set something up' doing the same thing, but expect different result?
What kind of suggestion is that? or U like to attack whoever You disagree with? I did that when I was 10.

1) Buy Chase visa prepaid cards ('0' cost) accepts credit card, no 'intended' purpose clause attached no $20 monthly cost to WF.

2) Google wallet free......bye bye WF. pp

Last edited by prasha11; May 28, 2013 at 11:29 am
Old May 27, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
After my last load(April 30), I got the shut down mail on May 7. I was able to withdraw all my money before that.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:00 pm

Any one left out of shut down? guilty or innocent?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guilty? Of what?

You agree with their use of the term "fraud" for using the card in allowed ways?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Guilty? Of what?

You agree with their use of the term "fraud" for using the card in allowed ways?
My/your agreement does not matter, its up to the Court to decide. All agreements are not legally binding. Many contracts and agreements are thrown out the court because not enforceable. The clever lawyers makes U sign a lot these days may not mean much to the court.....This is going OT......
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I still have two cards alive, and I'm ATMing them out.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by brettalb
I still have two cards alive, and I'm ATMing them out.
Did you make any deposits last month or this month? U are ATMing because they don't send U the check? I wonder why?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
Wells Fargo Will NOT refund $1000

Well we finally got the call that told us that we were not getting our $1000, that we loaded back on March 5, 2013. They called it fraud. They informed us that it was due to FRAUD. ...????? Our heads are still spinning at this theft by WF. We are going through as many channels to get our money back. The Attorney General of San Francisco, CA., Our Attorney General here in Illinois, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated in this matter.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by CRUISINGFLYING4LIFE
Well we finally got the call that told us that we were not getting our $1000, that we loaded back on March 5, 2013. They called it fraud. They informed us that it was due to FRAUD. ...????? Our heads are still spinning at this theft by WF. We are going through as many channels to get our money back. The Attorney General of San Francisco, CA., Our Attorney General here in Illinois, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Small claims court
File in your district
They will settle and cover any fees incurrd by you as well

Read way back in this thread
I did it
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Small claims court
File in your district
They will settle and cover any fees incurrd by you as well

Read way back in this thread
I did it
Oh. Thank you. I must have given up too early in my search. Thank you thank you...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:18 am

How about a dispute with your credit card? That worked for me.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by CRUISINGFLYING4LIFE

I think its your lucky day because WF messed up!. What were U doing since March 5th? I think there is 5 day max hold (incl. a bad check deposit) regulation for any financial institute. U should have on the 6th day filled a dispute with credit card or court, not have waited this long for resolution!

Last edited by prasha11; Jun 18, 2013 at 8:09 am
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Looking for the HQ of WF or the address to fill out when taking them to SC court? try this...

wells fargo bank
atm executive office
1350 montego way, suite 500
walnut creek, ca 94598

Back in winter someone called Dean Torrance, ATM executive at 888 847 1855 may have been the best person to be named... but people and addresses change so, maybe call that or google that to see if it is still right.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:39 am

i just check my ChexSystems report. there is no mention of WF anywhere on it due to "fraud"
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: UA-P, AA-G, SPG-G, Accor Plat, Hilton G, Amex Plat, Hyatt Plat
So here is my experience. Got the shutdown email on 5/23 with a promise of funds in 10 business days. Called after 10 days.. no news.. they escalated.. another 7- 10 business days wait. Called again.. oh check was mailed in May.. that is after they told me check was never mailed. So pure BS.
Call center is managed by Visa not WF.. so now I think its time to hit em in the SC Courts.. Nickel and dime em to death. Plan to charge for every second that I have spent pursuing this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.