Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Old Apr 21, 13, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere View Post
The probability that WF would report anything outside of their systems other than 'account closed' is slim- if these PP cards are reported at all- as this opens a can of worms. If they allege fraudulent activity, but have no direct proof, and have not provided you an opportunity to explain your actions, this would appear to me (a layperson, not a lawyer) as slanderous. Similar to job references. They might want to quote Motley Crue, "Girl, don't go away mad... girl, just go away."

Per the T&C, "At any time and without prior notice, Bank may revoke or cancel your Card and thereby terminate these Terms and Conditions and demand return of your Card to Bank. We reserve the rightto close your Card for any reason, including default, suspected fraudulent or unlawful activity, internet gambling, or any indication of increased risk." Like, um, you're beating the House.

When one door closes, another opens... You can PIN that on your grocery list...
^
I have a sense that WF is asked to shut their PP (regulatory agency?) WF has a restrictive and complicated rules of funding and spending. monthly, weekly and daily limits(so weird and why?). I think WF is in violation of some consumer rights. It is very difficult to understand the game, but we have some smart and clever people here, it was running smooth like a clock......Banksters will start new program, (to pay their bonuses).....

Last edited by prasha11; Apr 21, 13 at 4:30 am
Old Apr 21, 13, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
a few months back when I did some home repairs (used my Ink Card), I had to take a few things back. They refunded my CC and I believe the points were not earned for the refunded portion nor the original purchase either (as shown on the statement history).

It appears you are saying above that Chase would award points, Correct?
Maybe this depends on your statement due date, but I would think that even if they were award on one statement, then they receive a refund on the next statement---- I would think they would deduct those points from that statement.

Others can weigh in (this is just my thoughts). From my experience, on the same statement period, no points were award for that statement on the amount that was originally purchased after the refund. [if others say differently, maybe I should go back and look at the couple of refunds I did from the home repairs---personally, that's the only time I've had refunds on a Chase card].
To clarify, from the standpoint of payment due you can consider a refund credit as part of your current payment. Miles are a different topic. I believe miles are deducted for returns.
Old Apr 21, 13, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by SGJazz View Post
To clarify, from the standpoint of payment due you can consider a refund credit as part of your current payment. Miles are a different topic. I believe miles are deducted for returns.

Ok. That's what I thought (and experienced as well).

I thought that was probably the reason why that OP posted that question. But I could be wrong. I just figured that OP was trying to figure out whether or not they would get the points/miles for the purchase (even though the refund).

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by shoreline; Apr 21, 13 at 7:51 pm Reason: thanks.
Old Apr 23, 13, 2:01 pm

I have $498.30 left in my WFPP. What would be the best way to completely drain it off?

Transfer to BB at WM? Does WF charge for transferring anything on to BB or can I completely unload it?
Old Apr 23, 13, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by aegt123 View Post
I have $498.30 left in my WFPP. What would be the best way to completely drain it off?

Transfer to BB at WM? Does WF charge for transferring anything on to BB or can I completely unload it?
you should be able to completely load it to BB, as long as you have not gone over your limits for BB.
Old Apr 23, 13, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
you should be able to completely load it to BB, as long as you have not gone over your limits for BB.
thanks. with all the chase cards that are floating arnd it wouldn't be hard to go over BB limit this month..
Old Apr 23, 13, 6:30 pm

Then buy a MO at WM for $0.70 less than your remaining balance.
Old Apr 23, 13, 7:20 pm

I have one more load left, I hope WF shuts me down soon after so I can just get another check in the mail
Old Apr 25, 13, 6:36 am

Got my shutdown email today after doing a load and a single ATM withdrawal yesterday.
Old Apr 25, 13, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Got my shutdown email today after doing a load and a single ATM withdrawal yesterday.
can u login? will they reverse the charge or send u a check?
Old Apr 25, 13, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Fwiw

My advice to all who are getting shut down by the wf prepaid card and feeling duped or burned is to file a suit in small claims court against them and cite full reimbursement of fees, your added costs (like missed paid hours on the phone calling them or faxes emails and stanps etc) and court costs.

Wf will most likely settle out of court and mail you a nice check.
Old Apr 25, 13, 9:21 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Well I just loaded my last $1k and am crossing my fingers they do shut me down so I don't need to do bunch more ATM trips to unload this thing
Old Apr 25, 13, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Well I just loaded my last $1k and am crossing my fingers they do shut me down so I don't need to do bunch more ATM trips to unload this thing
WF lets U load and immediately shuts U down? does not seem to be fishy fishy?
Old Apr 25, 13, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Fwiw

My advice to all who are getting shut down by the wf prepaid card and feeling duped or burned is to file a suit in small claims court against them and cite full reimbursement of fees, your added costs (like missed paid hours on the phone calling them or faxes emails and stanps etc) and court costs.

Wf will most likely settle out of court and mail you a nice check.
class action?
Old Apr 25, 13, 9:58 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by prasha11 View Post
WF lets U load and immediately shuts U down? does not seem to be fishy fishy?
read back over the last few pages

Search this Thread
Search Engine: