FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

rdover1 Mar 28, 14 5:27 pm

You have to wait for the permanent card with your name on it and activate them.


Originally Posted by sethjvm (Post 22606455)
I am in MSP. I purchased 2 AFT last week at a target in town that sells them. I activated both temp cards and can obtain a PIN online which I was told by customer service means I am approved.

I went to another Target (that does not sell AFT) in town this morning to load $1000 on each from an AMEX gift card. I went to Customer Service. They scanned my card and nothing came up on the screen that told them how to load. They even showed me the screen after they scanned the card.

So, I figure it is one of three things: my cards are not approved, the Target is not a Target that can do loads or they should have swiped rather than scanned my card.


LarryG Mar 29, 14 5:44 pm

Anybody seen the cards in the greater Boston or Providence area? I bought 3, but trying to get last one for my wife. Been in about 10 over the last month, and nobody has any left.

FatTalker Mar 30, 14 12:47 am


Originally Posted by LarryG (Post 22612064)
Anybody seen the cards in the greater Boston

The one in Framingham has plenty.

ramamosn Mar 30, 14 9:31 am

Hello,
How do people unload from AFT and pay the credit card company? I know we can do ATM withdrawals for unloading, do you deposit the money into bank and do the Bill Pay? Other option is, we can do Bill Pay on Walmart and pay thru cash. I am trying to do the best option without depositing lot of cash into the Bank account which might cause red flags.

Thanks
ramamosn

ccohen322 Mar 30, 14 11:08 am


Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 22614918)
Hello,
How do people unload from AFT and pay the credit card company? I know we can do ATM withdrawals for unloading, do you deposit the money into bank and do the Bill Pay? Other option is, we can do Bill Pay on Walmart and pay thru cash. I am trying to do the best option without depositing lot of cash into the Bank account which might cause red flags.

Thanks
ramamosn

Only $10,000 in cash deposits over a short period is considered "suspicious and reportable" (i.e. a span a few days). I'm assuming most buy MO, or simply stick to just 5K a month. Turning CC into cash is the ultimate goal, how you go about using it is up to you.

ntr91 Mar 30, 14 10:05 pm


Originally Posted by ntr91 (Post 22600176)
Has anyone been able to load this with off the rack Amex gift cards? I tried to load one today and the system wouldn't allow it. The cashier was very helpful and even tried to load with half the amount, but the system kept rejecting the transaction.

Just an update, apparently some Amex GCs take up to 24 hours to activate. I waited til the next day, and they loaded fine.

brero Mar 31, 14 11:36 am

Anyone know if the Rock Hill, SC store stocks these regularly? It's listed on the website as being one of the stores , but it's a two hour drive. Trying to see if it might be worthwhile.

LarryG Mar 31, 14 7:56 pm


Originally Posted by FatTalker (Post 22613578)
The one in Framingham has plenty.

Thanks! Now if I can just keep Mrs. LarryG out of the Natick Collection Mall, it will be a successful mission!

ZapperO Mar 31, 14 8:53 pm

Since I see a number of Boston area folks on here I was wondering if anyone can offer fee free or low fee ATMs in downtown Boston or Cambridge? As a reply in thread or via PM would be great! Thanks.

Haleyb Apr 2, 14 3:03 pm


Originally Posted by sethjvm (Post 22606455)
I am in MSP. I purchased 2 AFT last week at a target in town that sells them. I activated both temp cards and can obtain a PIN online which I was told by customer service means I am approved.

I went to another Target (that does not sell AFT) in town this morning to load $1000 on each from an AMEX gift card. I went to Customer Service. They scanned my card and nothing came up on the screen that told them how to load. They even showed me the screen after they scanned the card.

So, I figure it is one of three things: my cards are not approved, the Target is not a Target that can do loads or they should have swiped rather than scanned my card.

It is swipe to reload, not scan. They swipe the card on their terminal and then follow prompts. I have to train people in my store all the time. You can load a verified card, but you can't w/d from an ATM.

Haleyb Apr 2, 14 3:08 pm

I redid the wiki with more info on the 3k/2k load pattern. That was really good info that should not be left behind.

I used dates based on being able to load after two days. I was able to load after about 48 hours, but if there are lots of people finding they can't it is easy to move the reloads back 10-14 days and follow the pattern.

sosamo Apr 2, 14 3:20 pm

Hi, I am a little confused. I thought max load is 1k per card per 24hrs?

Then how to you do: $1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 loads in 1 day?

Day 1: Purchase card #1, load $500
Day 3: Purchase card #2, load $500; Load card #1 ($1500)
Day 5: load card #1 ($2500); load card #2 ($1500)
Day 7: load card #2 ($2500)
*********************************wait************
Day 30: ($2000)($2500) day 1 dropped
Day 31: ($1000)($2000) day 3 dropped
Day 32: load card #1 ($2000) ; load card #2 ($3000)
Day 33: ($1000)($2000) day 5 dropped
Day 34: load card #1 ($2000); load card #2 ($3000)
Day 35: ($2000) ($2000) day 7 dropped
Day 36: load card #1 ($3000), ($2000)
*********************************wait************
Day 61: load both cards, day 32 dropped
Day 63: load both cards
Day 65: load one card.

exarkun Apr 2, 14 3:23 pm


Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22637411)
Hi, I am a little confused. I thought max load is 1k per card per 24hrs?

Then how to you do: $1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 loads in 1 day?

Day 1: Purchase card #1, load $500
Day 3: Purchase card #2, load $500; Load card #1 ($1500)
Day 5: load card #1 ($2500); load card #2 ($1500)
Day 7: load card #2 ($2500)
*********************************wait************
Day 30: ($2000)($2500) day 1 dropped
Day 31: ($1000)($2000) day 3 dropped
Day 32: load card #1 ($2000) ; load card #2 ($3000)
Day 33: ($1000)($2000) day 5 dropped
Day 34: load card #1 ($2000); load card #2 ($3000)
Day 35: ($2000) ($2000) day 7 dropped
Day 36: load card #1 ($3000), ($2000)
*********************************wait************
Day 61: load both cards, day 32 dropped
Day 63: load both cards
Day 65: load one card.

Read all of the wiki and/or card terms.

rdover1 Apr 2, 14 3:33 pm

It is loading $1k. The number in parenthesis is the balance.


Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22637411)
Hi, I am a little confused. I thought max load is 1k per card per 24hrs?

Then how to you do: $1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 loads in 1 day?

Day 1: Purchase card #1, load $500
Day 3: Purchase card #2, load $500; Load card #1 ($1500)
Day 5: load card #1 ($2500); load card #2 ($1500)
Day 7: load card #2 ($2500)
*********************************wait************
Day 30: ($2000)($2500) day 1 dropped
Day 31: ($1000)($2000) day 3 dropped
Day 32: load card #1 ($2000) ; load card #2 ($3000)
Day 33: ($1000)($2000) day 5 dropped
Day 34: load card #1 ($2000); load card #2 ($3000)
Day 35: ($2000) ($2000) day 7 dropped
Day 36: load card #1 ($3000), ($2000)
*********************************wait************
Day 61: load both cards, day 32 dropped
Day 63: load both cards
Day 65: load one card.


Haleyb Apr 2, 14 3:36 pm

I'm rethinking the CPM. It wasn't my math, just my format.

5k load, $15
5k unload, no fee ATM at $400 each w/d (odd number because in reality you do 12 w/d in one month 13 the next, to take out $400 every time)

12.5 ATM w/d, 2 free, $3x10.5= $31.50

$5,000/$46.50 or $4.65 per $1000

Costco ATM add 12.5 x1.25 or $6.15 per $1000

1 mile = .0047 or .0062

Check my math, it isn't my strong suit.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:04 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.