FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

ArmyFlyer05 Mar 1, 14 6:37 pm

Worked no problem at the second location I tried. At the first the CSR swiped and said he could only see past receipts, but he was also less than friendly.

LoneTree Mar 2, 14 2:35 am

Originally Posted by theacolyte (Post 22443890)

Originally Posted by LoneTree (Post 22443037)
Though this is true for the most part, I have been to a Target that always says contact Customer Service whenever I try to load it.

I wonder what makes the difference. Is it an older one?

Just built in the last few years actually.

TheDapperDon Mar 2, 14 9:28 am

I have had luck loading this at both customer service and the registers. It just depends on the competency of the person at the register.

I've started using this card again since I realized I have a card that gets me 3x points, plus I can load GCs easily. I actually am considering acquiring another one.

Haleyb Mar 3, 14 7:14 pm

Sigh.
I really hate when I do dumb stuff and have to out myself by asking a question like this...

What is the required format of a password on the AmEx for Target site?
Are there any requirements for user names?

I can't find my notes or never wrote it down and I can't get into my accounts. I manage my spouses account and he hates calling CS. I do too, but I will if I have to (or to save an annual fee).

I do know the PIN #'s so I can still load and drain, but I like being able to see transactions online. I obviously can't trust my memory. :rolleyes:

iahphx Mar 4, 14 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 22456268)
Sigh.
I really hate when I do dumb stuff and have to out myself by asking a question like this...

I can't find my notes or never wrote it down and I can't get into my accounts. I manage my spouses account and he hates calling CS. I do too, but I will if I have to (or to save an annual fee).

I do know the PIN #'s so I can still load and drain, but I like being able to see transactions online. I obviously can't trust my memory. :rolleyes:

AMEX doesn't require special characters or caps, if that helps. At least that used to be the policy -- sometimes companies decide that need to get fancier!

TheDapperDon Mar 4, 14 12:04 pm

Sigh.

I'm pretty sure it's a minimum of 8 characters.

Haleyb Mar 4, 14 1:47 pm

Thanks

ArmyFlyer05 Mar 4, 14 2:04 pm

So this works the same as an AMEX credit card, but can also be used at an ATM, correct? Any reason I can't use it to buy reloadits as credit and avoid any fees except the $3 load fee?

kvs25 Mar 4, 14 2:32 pm

has anyone tried paying a bill via evolve with this card?

ArmyFlyer05 Mar 4, 14 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05 (Post 22461225)
So this works the same as an AMEX credit card, but can also be used at an ATM, correct? Any reason I can't use it to buy reloadits as credit and avoid any fees except the $3 load fee?

So to give a data point, was able to withdraw at the ATM for $400 then immediately went and purchased a RL for $495 and had no issues, no fee from Target either. So if anyone is looking for a free way to offload or maybe has a cashier that will allow debit, but not credit…this is an option. On my pin pad it has credit/debit together so they aren't any wiser, YMMV.

MDWCommuter Mar 4, 14 10:44 pm

Sigh.

I use the 1Password app for this very reason. Makes it super easy and worry free.

SGJazz Mar 5, 14 12:18 am

Originally Posted by theacolyte (Post 22442990)
I believe all targets are capable of loading AMFT cards.

I tried to load at a target in a city I travelled to. Durham, NC. Not only did they not sell AFT but the system didn't recognize my card. Tried several times and asked several cashiers and managers.

babehwa Mar 5, 14 12:20 am

Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05 (Post 22464153)
So to give a data point, was able to withdraw at the ATM for $400 then immediately went and purchased a RL for $495 and had no issues, no fee from Target either. So if anyone is looking for a free way to offload or maybe has a cashier that will allow debit, but not credit…this is an option. On my pin pad it has credit/debit together so they aren't any wiser, YMMV.

Hi,

I'm still fairly new with this card. Does this mean it can be swiped for debit purchase with PIN? Or I misunderstood...? Thanks!

Fuerza Mar 5, 14 6:38 am

Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05 (Post 22464153)

So you bought a RL with Amex for Target using "debit" as payment option? If so that's great news!

Edit, not sure how or where you did this but earlier posts in this thread don't support what you said.

ArmyFlyer05 Mar 5, 14 9:17 am

No, it ran as credit...but the card machine has credit/debit together. The cashier was not ok with credit, but fine with debit, which the card says. I just hit the credit/debit and swiped the card, no problem. It also was a fee free way to unload instead of the target ATM and costco surcharge. It never gave me the option to input a pin, but if you have a cashier that allows "debit" this may help.