FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

ramamosn Jan 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Citicard

I need to meet minimum spending on the Citi card. Can I use the Citi credit card to load money into Amex for Target. Will that be charged as CA?
Thanks.

mittenfingerz Jan 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 22260244)
I need to meet minimum spending on the Citi card. Can I use the Citi credit card to load money into Amex for Target. Will that be charged as CA?
Thanks.

Nope. Treated just like a regular purchase at Target.

Go for it, go for it.

TheDapperDon Jan 31, 2014 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 22260244)
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that everything is a purchase. That's a benefit of this deal.

ramamosn Jan 31, 2014 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 22260349)
I'm pretty sure that everything is a purchase. That's a benefit of this deal.

Thank you.

newbelle0522 Jan 31, 2014 7:53 pm

I set up direct deposit with this. Still am only allowed the 5k limit per month when terms state 10k with direct deposit anyone else have this problem. I have 2 cards linked to my account also.
Thanks

drdrew450 Feb 1, 2014 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz (Post 22260321)
Nope. Treated just like a regular purchase at Target.

Go for it, go for it.

I seem to have trouble with using my citi cards to load the target amex, always get fraud alerts...might help to call before and tell them you plan to make a large purchase. just a though.

Haleyb Feb 2, 2014 5:16 pm

Shopkick is an app that gives points for just walking into a Target or Best Buy (or a host of other retailers), if you link a CC it also gives you 1 point per $1.

500 points is worth $2 redeemable for gift cards. Every bit helps cover those fees.

Best Buy also gives 1/$ but has bonuses for larger $ amounts.

I have a referral code that gives us both points but I'm not sure about posting such things. PM me if you want.

TheDapperDon Feb 6, 2014 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 22273400)
Shopkick is an app that gives points for just walking into a Target or Best Buy (or a host of other retailers), if you link a CC it also gives you 1 point per $1.

500 points is worth $2 redeemable for gift cards. Every bit helps cover those fees.

I have a referral code that gives us both points but I'm not sure about posting such things. PM me if you want.

How reliable is this app?

RJ5929 Feb 6, 2014 4:25 pm

how do i unload temporary card? can i set up pin for that? i just loaded $500 into a temp card and i want to use the ATM to unload it
TIA.

OnTheRocks Feb 6, 2014 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 22273400)

Correction to this target no longer offers shopkick points for purchases made with a card in store. Only purchases made over the app can earn points I believe.

OnTheRocks Feb 6, 2014 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450 (Post 22267225)
I seem to have trouble with using my citi cards to load the target amex, always get fraud alerts...might help to call before and tell them you plan to make a large purchase. just a though.

Just have the number ready to call it usually takes less than a minute to clear up. I got a fraud alert for the first target purchase haven't had one since, they said because of that recent target data breach they are flagging any large target purchase. I said well I plan to make more large purchases here and if i'm going to be paying $450 for this card I don't want to be getting fraud alerts for every large purchase. No fraud alerts since and finished up with my 10k spend today.

OnTheRocks Feb 6, 2014 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929 (Post 22300914)
how do i unload temporary card? can i set up pin for that? i just loaded $500 into a temp card and i want to use the ATM to unload it
TIA.

If my memory serves me right when you register online there is a way to set up a pin or they give you one for the temporary card.

Haleyb Feb 6, 2014 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 22300553)
How reliable is this app?

So. I used shopkick years ago when it first came out, and it was really spotty. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I was using it with an ipad because I didnt have a smart phone, so I don't know if it would have worked fine on a phone. I gave up on it. That is in terms of getting your kicks for walking in.

I know nothing about security in terms of linking a credit card to it, no reports of issues on the coupon blogs (which is where the most feedback is).

I just reinstalled it and as soon as my permanent card comes I will test it out and let you know how it works for me.

It is taking forever for my permanent card to come...

OnTheRocks Feb 6, 2014 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 22301089)
So. I used shopkick years ago when it first came out, and it was really spotty. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I was using it with an ipad because I didnt have a smart phone, so I don't know if it would have worked fine on a phone. I gave up on it. That is in terms of getting your kicks for walking in.

I know nothing about security in terms of linking a credit card to it, no reports of issues on the coupon blogs (which is where the most feedback is).

I just reinstalled it and as soon as my permanent card comes I will test it out and let you know how it works for me.

It is taking forever for my permanent card to come...

You no longer earn shopkick points for in store purchases.

drdrew450 Feb 6, 2014 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by OnTheRocks (Post 22301043)
Just have the number ready to call it usually takes less than a minute to clear up. I got a fraud alert for the first target purchase haven't had one since, they said because of that recent target data breach they are flagging any large target purchase. I said well I plan to make more large purchases here and if i'm going to be paying $450 for this card I don't want to be getting fraud alerts for every large purchase. No fraud alerts since and finished up with my 10k spend today.

nice, im only at 4500 but Im not pressing it. I like your aggressive approach. 100K for all!