FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

aresay Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am

For me, the value of the Target AMEX is unloading gift cards since there are no Wal Marts nearby.

thebluejean Apr 24, 2013 4:07 pm

I have an issue loading my mc gc to Amex Target that it keeps asking me to enter a pin. When I entered a pin that I previously setup, the transaction got declined. Does anyone have an easy way to work around like ask the teller to perform credit card transaction first before I swipe my card?

Superorb Apr 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean (Post 20647366)
I have an issue loading my mc gc to Amex Target that it keeps asking me to enter a pin. When I entered a pin that I previously setup, the transaction got declined. Does anyone have an easy way to work around like ask the teller to perform credit card transaction first before I swipe my card?

When it asks for PIN hit Cancel on the swiper thingy and then select credit.

thebluejean Apr 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 20647378)

Thanks! It worked.

Superorb Apr 26, 2013 10:42 am

Originally Posted by thebluejean (Post 20648643)
Thanks! It worked.

Glad to help :)

vfdfs2 Apr 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for the answer. I had the same problem with the PIN part trying to load 10 various-amount GC. It went smoothly yesterday after hitting cancel on the red swiper for each GC.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 20647378)

aresay May 3, 2013 11:25 am

Yesterday, the cashier told me that she could not load a Target prepaid card from her register, but that I could do so at guest services. Fortunately, guest services was more than helpful and loaded my 2 Target cards with 10 $100 Visa gift cards each with no questioning or complaints.

mizzou1 May 4, 2013 9:12 am

Does MasterCard classify all/some Targets as grocery stores?

Several posts about Visa coding and Amex not coding some Targets as grocery stores. Anyone ever tried a MasterCard?

Discplayer May 4, 2013 3:09 pm

AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities

Visa codes as a MCC of 5411 for most, if not locations, which is a grocery store. However some issuers remove the eligibility for "big box" stores. My MC shows as grocery as well

mizzou1 May 4, 2013 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Discplayer (Post 20698234)
Visa codes as a MCC of 5411 for most, if not locations, which is a grocery store. However some issuers remove the eligibility for "big box" stores. My MC shows as grocery as well

Thanks! Which bank is your MC from?

Bean May 6, 2013 8:02 am

Thought I had stumbled upon a free ATM this weekend when I grabbed some cash from a PNC ATM. I wasn't charged a fee using my USAA checking card. Alas, when I tried my Target AMEX this morning, a $3 fee noticed showed up.

Not sure why the USAA card was free.....

SGJazz May 6, 2013 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20705156)
Thought I had stumbled upon a free ATM this weekend when I grabbed some cash from a PNC ATM. I wasn't charged a fee using my USAA checking card. Alas, when I tried my Target AMEX this morning, a $3 fee noticed showed up.

Was the $3 the machine fee or the AMEX fee?

Bean May 6, 2013 8:30 am

Originally Posted by SGJazz (Post 20705305)
Was the $3 the machine fee or the AMEX fee?

It was a $3 surcharge message that showed up on the ATM.
I didn't see it when I used my USAA card.

indelible May 6, 2013 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20705156)

USAA card is probably part of their network.

drdrew450 May 10, 2013 5:07 pm

wawa gas stations have free atms...lots in the north east and florida