FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

jk2 Mar 28, 13 6:30 am

Did anybody try to use Target Visa card (that earns 5% cash back for Target purchases) to load Amex for Target? I am wondering if it works since $50 is a good cash back for each load.

KCKC Mar 28, 13 9:11 am

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 20496366)
Did anybody try to use Target Visa card (that earns 5% cash back for Target purchases) to load Amex for Target? I am wondering if it works since $50 is a good cash back for each load.

Curious about this as well. From personal experience, I know it allows you to pay the $3 load fee with your Target Visa, bringing the fee down to $2.85.

member7777 Mar 28, 13 10:47 am

Originally Posted by KCKC (Post 20497025)
Curious about this as well. From personal experience, I know it allows you to pay the $3 load fee with your Target Visa, bringing the fee down to $2.85.

You all are a little late to the party, that disappeared months ago

jk2 Mar 28, 13 11:14 am

Originally Posted by member7777 (Post 20497565)
You all are a little late to the party, that disappeared months ago

What is disappeared?

Superorb Mar 29, 13 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 20497720)
What is disappeared?

Using Target GC or Target Debit/CC to fund the Target Amex.

aresay Mar 29, 13 1:26 pm

During lunch today, I went the Atlantic Terminal Target location to load some Visa gift cards to my Target prepaid card. When the cashier saw that I was about to swipe a gift card, she told me it was not allowed, only credit or debit. She then called over a manager who said that it was a company policy not to accept gift cards for reloads. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

bensim Mar 29, 13 1:29 pm

Sorry to ask this question as I am new to this thread. Can we still use Amex GC to load the Target card? It seems that some people have trouble doing this. If so, we will need to use Visa and MC gift cards, but where can we get them for a discount? Cheers and sorry if this has been discussed before.

rambo Mar 29, 13 2:07 pm

Using gift cards (Visa/MC/Amex) to load target AMEX is mostly a hit or a miss situation. Some cashiers do it and some don't. If someone doesn't allow me to do it, I just move on and try another time.
We all know for sure that there is no restriction from the POS system, it's just the cashier/store managers discretion.

After being denied so many times, I have now applied for a second card and I will always take 2K in gift cards when I go next time. So that if the cashiers accepts GC, I can do it 2K in one trip.

Has anyone had issues with loading 2 cards with 1K each at the same time?

aresay Mar 29, 13 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by rambo:20504357
Using gift cards (Visa/MC/Amex) to load target AMEX is mostly a hit or a miss situation. Some cashiers do it and some don't. If someone doesn't allow me to do it, I just move on and try another time.
We all know for sure that there is no restriction from the POS system, it's just the cashier/store managers discretion.

After being denied so many times, I have now applied for a second card and I will always take 2K in gift cards when I go next time. So that if the cashiers accepts GC, I can do it 2K in one trip.

Good call. Just tried another location and no issues. Picked up a second Target card as well

jk2 Mar 29, 13 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 20504066)
Using Target GC or Target Debit/CC to fund the Target Amex.

Target GC isn't allowed for a long time. But why Target CC is not allowed? Is it hard coded or you just would not get 5% back?

DOUDOU1980 Mar 29, 13 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by rambo (Post 20504357)

In my local target, it is OK to load by gift cards.

Superorb Mar 29, 13 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980 (Post 20505955)
In my local target, it is OK to load by gift cards.

Just not TARGET gift cards.

MDWCommuter Mar 30, 13 7:52 am

Originally Posted by rambo (Post 20504357)

Not at all, it's exactly how I do it every time I load my cards.

DOUDOU1980 Mar 30, 13 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 20506164)
Just not TARGET gift cards.

yes, no target gift card, only visa, master, ame gift cards

rambo Mar 30, 13 2:16 pm

Had a weird experience in Target:

I went in this morning to load 2x1000 to 2 of my Amex cards with 200$ gift cards (bought from OD). The first load went through fine and in the second load, 2 of the cards didn't work. One of them didn't load any amount and the other only loaded $60. I thought the card was compromised and thought it's going to be a mess to get this sorted out. After I came home, I registered the cards online and it showed a balance of $200 and $140. I have loaded so many times in target and this is the first time, I have got this issue. Anyone else has seen this??