FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

3ZeroT Jan 22, 2013 11:09 am

Originally Posted by member7777 (Post 20100566)
So no advantage to having 2 cards, wth

Well you technically get an extra free ATM withdrawal per month

member7777 Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT (Post 20100955)
Well you technically get an extra free ATM withdrawal per month

yes but
you have to pay an additional load to get to $5k

FruJu Jan 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by FruJu (Post 20084884)
Go back to the login using the name/password I created originally for the temporary card. After logging in, it takes me to the same "Enter your card details" page again (except with a broken image in place of the "Security Code is located here"). Type in all the details of the permanent card again, and that's when I get the whole white page, with a single line text error message about Error 404.

SNIFU.

For reference, this was my fault. I was using my typical login ID, but I forgot I had used a slightly modified login for Amex Target (to avoid conflict with my usual Amex login). The strange thing is that it let me log in with that username/password, but just threw me into the strange Error 404 page when registering my card.

booyaa Jan 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by FruJu (Post 20102217)
SNIFU.

For reference, this was my fault. I was using my typical login ID, but I forgot I had used a slightly modified login for Amex Target (to avoid conflict with my usual Amex login). The strange thing is that it let me log in with that username/password, but just threw me into the strange Error 404 page when registering my card.

That's Amex's messed up way of telling you you can't use your usual Amex login to register Target card. They don't tell you you can't do that and I wanted to do that but kept getting that error. Calling in got nowhere as even US-based people are clueless. I gave up and created a new one.

tonyflyer Jan 22, 2013 5:07 pm

You can unload $400 x 2 with single trip to ATM machine, that's the only advantage I can think of.

The down side is effectively the load limit is $4k with 2 cards unless you want to do $500 load for $3.

Originally Posted by member7777 (Post 20100566)
So no advantage to having 2 cards, wth

tonyflyer Jan 22, 2013 5:12 pm

The daily ATM withdraw limit is $400, other than that I'm not aware of any limit. I have used the card for $1000+7.9 in a single transaction.

Originally Posted by oozze (Post 20100736)
cool thks for confirmation!!
lastly, is there maximum $$ to spend? can you spend $2000 with this card if you have a balance over 2k of course.

I am reading somewhere about $600 max purchase, but I am not quite sure if this is the card or something else.
Cant find anything on FAQ.

thks in advance (again).

iusb Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by tonyflyer (Post 20103438)
You can unload $400 x 2 with single trip to ATM machine, that's the only advantage I can think of.

The down side is effectively the load limit is $4k with 2 cards unless you want to do $500 load for $3.

How so? Can't you load $1000x2 on one card, withdraw below $1500 and and load $1000 again on same card?

tonyflyer Jan 22, 2013 5:25 pm

deleted

tonyflyer Jan 22, 2013 5:27 pm

I was told by AFT CSR the load limit on each card is $2500 if you have two cards, and my last load of $1000 on a card that had $2k load already in 28-day failed but $500 went thru fine (card balance at $1300). So I ended up to load $500 with $3.

Originally Posted by iusb (Post 20103470)
How so? Can't you load $1000x2 on one card, withdraw below $1500 and and load $1000 again on same card?

neuro0 Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by oozze (Post 20100736)
cool thks for confirmation!!
lastly, is there maximum $$ to spend? can you spend $2000 with this card if you have a balance over 2k of course.

Did a single purchase of $2410. No problem.

drdrew450 Jan 23, 2013 6:55 pm

WAWA just opened up on the road I drive home on from work. Went in and used their surcharge free ATM on both of my AFT cards.

Score!

Marathon Man Jan 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450 (Post 20111239)
WAWA just opened up on the road I drive home on from work. Went in and used their surcharge free ATM on both of my AFT cards.

Score!

I lived in South Jersey for a spell in the early 90s. The slogan then was:

At Wawas, we dont MAKE Hogies, we BUILD Hogies.

Of course being from MA, I was like. WTH is a hogie? lol

SGJazz Jan 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450 (Post 20111239)

Score!

I grew up in South Jersey. Been in SoCal for 20 years. I will be sure to hit the WAWA on one of my visits. What is the max withdrawal at the WAWA ATM?

Nottafatslob Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Just todays results

This may have been covered but I will share it anyway. Today I went in with my two cards and the SO's two and tried to load 1k on all four and only one for each of us worked. My assumption for the reason is that the 5k load limit per month is total per person not per card since I think I only had 2k on each up until today also it could be the 1k daily load is per person aka SSN per day not per card but I am guessing the first reason. I don't call and make waves with things like this and get red flags added to my accounts so I will just guess and go on to the next thing in the PILE

TTnC4me Jan 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob (Post 20111934)
This may have been covered but I will share it anyway. Today I went in with my two cards and the SO's two and tried to load 1k on all four and only one for each of us worked. My assumption for the reason is that the 5k load limit per month is total per person not per card since I think I only had 2k on each up until today also it could be the 1k daily load is per person aka SSN per day not per card but I am guessing the first reason. I don't call and make waves with things like this and get red flags added to my accounts so I will just guess and go on to the next thing in the PILE

Yes, per person.