FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

asda28 Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Finally found AFT card at not so local store. Now for the second day I can't register it. After login with my regular amex ID, I get to the page where I enter card details, SSN, email, etc. After that I get Error 404. Spoke with support twice. First time was told it is due to server maintenance and I need to try tomorrow. Tried again today, same error. Support told me that my ID is incompatible (BS???). If I do a new user it seems to go past card details and prompts me to select new user ID. I don't really want to have multiple IDs, so I asked support to escalate me to someone who can add card details to my profile to their side. Waiting now.

Does any have or had the this problem?

Thanks for your help

skibum3d Aug 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by asda28 (Post 23421672)
Finally found AFT card at not so local store. Now for the second day I can't register it. After login with my regular amex ID, I get to the page where I enter card details, SSN, email, etc. After that I get Error 404. Spoke with support twice. First time was told it is due to server maintenance and I need to try tomorrow. Tried again today, same error. Support told me that my ID is incompatible (BS???). If I do a new user it seems to go past card details and prompts me to select new user ID. I don't really want to have multiple IDs, so I asked support to escalate me to someone who can add card details to my profile to their side. Waiting now.

Does any have or had the this problem?

Thanks for your help

In my experience they're right. The AFT has to have a different login than your other AmEx accounts. Same with AmEx prepaid, serve, bluebird, etc.

asda28 Aug 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by skibum3d (Post 23421691)
In my experience they're right. The AFT has to have a different login than your other AmEx accounts. Same with AmEx prepaid, serve, bluebird, etc.

Thanks for the reply, good to know. Although my BB ID is the same, but it is on the different domain. I wish they would make it clear on the website that I need to create a separate ID.

Regards-

tracerit Aug 25, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm following the load schedule in the wiki however when I went into today (Day 3) to load card #1, it would only allow $500 instead of the $1000 I planned. Any ideas? Could it be that because I opened over the weekend, the days were messed up? I managed to open card #2 and load that with $500 though.

dukerau Aug 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 23424044)
I'm following the load schedule in the wiki however when I went into today (Day 3) to load card #1, it would only allow $500 instead of the $1000 I planned. Any ideas? Could it be that because I opened over the weekend, the days were messed up? I managed to open card #2 and load that with $500 though.

Sounds like cashier error. Did they swipe your AFT or scan it? If scan, it treats it as initial purchase with $500 limit. They have to swipe to do $1000.

tracerit Aug 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau (Post 23424075)
Sounds like cashier error. Did they swipe your AFT or scan it? If scan, it treats it as initial purchase with $500 limit. They have to swipe to do $1000.

ah, that makes sense now. he scanned it a few times with the barcode gun and it kept timing out. so i told him i'm reloading not buying a new card so he swiped it and that's when it worked.

i guess that's what i get when i figured going to a new cashier would make it easy to load by avoiding them asking me questions about the giftcards.

medichill Aug 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 23424118)
ah, that makes sense now. he scanned it a few times with the barcode gun and it kept timing out. so i told him i'm reloading not buying a new card so he swiped it and that's when it worked.

i guess that's what i get when i figured going to a new cashier would make it easy to load by avoiding them asking me questions about the giftcards.

That is the issue. I had the same problem.

rockclimber Aug 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by psone (Post 22804243)
If someone needs a card, PM me and for a few bucks I'll grab you one or two and mail them. Our stores have loads of them.

Thanks for the cards. Really appreciate the help.

tracerit Aug 26, 2014 7:43 pm

is the $400 atm withdraw each day or every 24 hours?

dpd82 Aug 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 23429474)
is the $400 atm withdraw each day or every 24 hours?

Every 24 hrs

ttlmmky Aug 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by dpd82 (Post 23429738)
Every 24 hrs

Thanks for clarifying. I'll update the Wiki to reflect that

ftomasze Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by ttlmmky (Post 23429776)
Thanks for clarifying. I'll update the Wiki to reflect that

Inaccurate. The limit resets sometime between midnight and 7-8am. I have withdrawn at 8pm then again at 8am.

skibum3d Aug 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by ftomasze (Post 23429893)
Inaccurate. The limit resets sometime between midnight and 7-8am. I have withdrawn at 8pm then again at 8am.

This is also my experience. The limit resets sometime overnight.

ttlmmky Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ftomasze (Post 23429893)

Alrighty, will change back

tracerit Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm

thanks for clarifying the ATM resets!

I went to try and load $1000 but my card was declined :/ Will have to call USBank to clear it. Luckily I had another "2%" card available. I actually walked the cashier through the transaction, she had never loaded one before. There was some quiet time and I was afraid she'd ask me why I'd need this Target card if I have a credit card already. Wasn't sure how I would've answered that.