FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

MaineCoon Jun 4, 2014 9:56 am

forgive me if this has been answered, but can I load a temporary card a day after the initial purchase/load?

Or should I wait for the permanent card?

DaveInLA Jun 4, 2014 10:17 am

I've had AFT since it first hit the blogs, but after re-visiting this thread again, I think I've been WAY under-utilizing it. I just don't like depositing large amounts into my bank account, especially since I'm applying for a home loan soon. Don't need anybody to see $1600 in cash deposits every month.

mastermind85 Jun 4, 2014 10:27 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 22977188)
I've had AFT since it first hit the blogs, but after re-visiting this thread again, I think I've been WAY under-utilizing it. I just don't like depositing large amounts into my bank account, especially since I'm applying for a home loan soon. Don't need anybody to see $1600 in cash deposits every month.

I don't see how it can be under utilized considering the costs involved... unless maybe using an arrival card or similar. I would see it as a last resort considering its $45 extra per 5k for liquidating.

TheDapperDon Jun 4, 2014 10:27 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 22977188)

Do you have to disclose all of your bank accounts?

Tuppins Jun 4, 2014 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mastermind85 (Post 22977238)
I don't see how it can be under utilized considering the costs involved... unless maybe using an arrival card or similar. I would see it as a last resort considering its $45 extra per 5k for liquidating.

Plus 3 visits to Target a month, plus 5-7 visits to an ATM, plus trips to the bank...

Tuppins Jun 4, 2014 10:52 am

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 22977064)
forgive me if this has been answered, but can I load a temporary card a day after the initial purchase/load?

Or should I wait for the permanent card?

You can infer the answer to that by reading the "Optimal Load Plan" in the wiki.

MaineCoon Jun 4, 2014 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Tuppins (Post 22977383)
You can infer the answer to that by reading the "Optimal Load Plan" in the wiki.

I red it, thanks for the ref.

you wanted to say "yes", I guess, thanks again :)

Tuppins Jun 4, 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 22977403)
I red it, thanks for the ref.

you wanted to say "yes", I guess, thanks again :)

I did want to say yes, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it... :cool:

TheDapperDon Jun 4, 2014 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mastermind85 (Post 22977238)

It's worth it. You can actually make money on this deal, even without a fee free atm. It's a great deal.

Tuppins Jun 4, 2014 11:08 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 22977460)
It's worth it. You can actually make money on this deal, even without a fee free atm. It's a great deal.

I'm not disagreeing at all. It's just more work than some other avenues.

mastermind85 Jun 4, 2014 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 22977460)

With what card?

nowstime Jun 4, 2014 12:18 pm

Just a few things I want to clarify.

1. 28 days rolling period...does this mean that once the account is hit with $2500 load, the next possible reload date will be 28 days later? For example, it the max on June 4th and the next possible load is May 3rd?

2. Amex gift card are offering a 4 point bonus on some shopping portals...can I get those for load? (I know the wiki says YES but wanted to be sure before I make a big financial commitment)

3. For the 2nd card, do I do the same process at Target when I got the 1st card? And then add it to my Amex for Target account?

smoothmunkey Jun 4, 2014 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by nowstime (Post 22977969)
Just a few things I want to clarify.

1. 28 days rolling period...does this mean that once the account is hit with $2500 load, the next possible reload date will be 28 days later? For example, it the max on June 4th and the next possible load is May 3rd?

2. Amex gift card are offering a 4 point bonus on some shopping portals...can I get those for load? (I know the wiki says YES but wanted to be sure before I make a big financial commitment)

3. For the 2nd card, do I do the same process at Target when I got the 1st card? And then add it to my Amex for Target account?

1. The rolling period is for each load, NOT from the date on which the card reaches $2,500.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. I seem to remember that once you log into the already setup account there is an option to add a card.

Fuerza Jun 4, 2014 1:44 pm

So I'll ask, has anyone gotten 5% cash back with Amex BC on a AFT load? I also have AFT and other than Amex Gift card unloads Or meeting minimum spending requirements I have yet to find a card to use here. I just don't see the value at 1 or 2 points per dollar.

Tuppins Jun 4, 2014 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza (Post 22978486)
So I'll ask, has anyone gotten 5% cash back with Amex BC on a AFT load? I also have AFT and other than Amex Gift card unloads Or meeting minimum spending requirements I have yet to find a card to use here. I just don't see the value at 1 or 2 points per dollar.

If only there were something you could buy at a BC category store to load onto the AFT... :rolleyes: