Getting spending up without the Mint

Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
omg. really? take it to PM already.
It's been awhile since this thread has been locked....I foresee it happening again shortly
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
I just don't get you. Of course I have the number and fax also. I only bet on sure things!
well we both seem to not get one another but as MIA said we dont have to fight about it...

That said... what IS that number?

I mean dude... WHY would THAT be something you would not wish to share with this forum? Why dont you help others here by posting it? Again, giving it out in here is not going to give away some trade secret you may have on earning secret points and miles but it IS going to help people who may be in need of things that others have. TO that end, when thinking about miles, I have earned most of my biggest scores on a thing called COLLABORATION.

This teach a man to fish thing... it is true-- but on the other hand, I don't see where you are teaching anyone anything by withholding something that could help people recoup their funds. I am already finished with NS, and got my money from them so I don't really need to contact them again (and have by mail) but why would you NOT give it up?

Seems very very strange to me... that is, unless you really do NOT have it at all.

And again, this post is NOT meant to be a fight. I'm just sayin.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by captaincool
It's been awhile since this thread has been locked....I foresee it happening again shortly
hope not.

alls we are trying to do is gain a piece of vital information about a cash back offer that another FTer says he has that can help all of us. He claims to have this bit of info but does not wish to disclose it. He should have never said he actually had it but like I said, he says he has it. So we are waiting.

MM
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's become clear to me that anyone who may HAVE the number(s) to contact someone at NS other than CS robots who just follow protocol and deflect people is NOT going to let us know what they are.

Therefore I went further in my search and here's just the tip of the iceberg:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...12+GNW20120216

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...623/filing.pdf

N3TSP3ND HOLDINGS, INC.
FORM 10-K
(Annual Report)
Filed 02/24/12 for the Period Ending 12/31/11
Address 701 BRAZOS STREET
SUITE 1300
AUSTIN, TX 78701-2582
Telephone (512) 532-8200
CIK 0001496623
Symbol NTSP
SIC Code 6199 - Finance Services
Industry Consumer Financial Services
Sector Financial

I called the above 512 number and was able to use the phone directory to type in SMITH seeing as how that's a common name.

I got 5 entries like it and each had their name and extension:

[Redacted]

one could try Jones, Washington, Walker, Cooper, etc... common names.

I only tried the one so far--to get answers as to why they felt they needed to close my acct, but I expect little. That said, I leave it up to you to go forth... and in the meantime, as I have already stated, it seems my friendly FT counter part here failed to give up this or other related information--for reasons unknown. Let the record stand.

MM

Last edited by mia; Sep 10, 2012 at 5:49 pm Reason: Remove non-management names and extensions
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
one could try Jones, Washington, Walker, Cooper, etc... common names.

I only tried the one so far--to get answers as to why they felt they needed to close my acct, but I expect little. That said, I leave it up to you to go forth... and in the meantime, as I have already stated, it seems my friendly FT counter part here failed to give up this or other related information--for reasons unknown. Let the record stand.

MM

Here's some more names for you

http://www.jigsaw.com/id89356/2/nets...irectory.xhtml
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:01 pm

I don’t think some of you will not be happy until a NS rep starts reading this thread. If you truly want to help members think what effect what you are doing will have on accounts that are still going strong.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QL_714
I don’t think some of you will not be happy until a NS rep starts reading this thread. If you truly want to help members think what effect what you are doing will have on accounts that are still going strong.
In post # 2835 I said:

You all may use this information as you see fit but hey, I got my funds out and am just trying to offer support and try to stave off further pains... I think it's no harm to post about this and maybe some still have working NS cards, but I have heard a TON of PMd horror stories... but if someone does this post should not be here, just PM me (kindly) and I will take it down. I posted it here to save myself from having to paste it or any further NS information into a gazillion PMs. We need to work together on this one.

I have yet to receive a KINDLY ASKED PM suggesting I take it down (or stop the crusade) but I can say that I have received a few PMs from people who are glad the info is there so they can recoup money being held too long by NS.

This money is valued by those who need it back, as are the miles or points that the use of the NS card has produced. Thus, it is possible that my attempt to reveal info about NS could have helped people SAVE miles not just earn them.

I can guess that unlike some airlines or banks, NS is not watching this thread. Not yet that is. That's just a guess. However, I think I am in fact done talking about them. It was pointed out to me that this is like beating a dead horse. I'll now just post about them again if they ever respond to me.

MM
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... doesnt posting that type of contact information on here from netspend violate the TOS of this site? Pretty sure all those Smiths didnt want their numbers posted on here....
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
8239 Austin Smithers.
I would just like to state for the record that "Austin Smithers" is an awesome name. I bet he wears bowties.

Andyandy

P.S.: Bowties are cool.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by andyandy
I would just like to state for the record that "Austin Smithers" is an awesome name. I bet he wears bowties.

Andyandy

P.S.: Bowties are cool.
AND... suspenders.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:26 pm

I'm new here and am trying to be sufficiently cryptic so let me know if I need to it dial back. As I was rereading some recent comments I noticed something ADK said about America's bank. Very intriguing. Do they do a hard pull if you open an e-account?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:33 pm

Google Wallet - Limited opportunity ending soon

Note: This will only work if you have an Android smartphone or tablet with NFC capability. AFAIK, the Google Nexus 7 tablet can support this.

The Google Wallet App features a virtual prepaid card that you can load with any debit or credit card. This Google prepaid card will be discontinued soon, and remaining funds can be requested in the form of balance refund check ($5 fee).

Last day to reload GPC: (Before?) September 17, 2012
GPC discontinued: On October 17, 2012

Important numbers:
$2 monthly maintenance (after 30 days without any transactions)
$5 balance refund check
$2999 max per POS transaction and per day
$8000 card max balance
May take up to 8 weeks to receive refund (as per FAQ)

GPC Termination
GPC Refund FAQ
Updated ToS

Personal experience:
-Found $10 in Google wallet funds just for signing up
-Able to purchase other prepaid cards using GPC
-Unlike debit transactions, not able to receive cash back using GPC

Bottom line:
Easy, low risk method to get $8000 spend if you can float the amount for up to 3 months. Hope someone can use this.

Last edited by whistler814; Sep 11, 2012 at 1:42 am Reason: Added tablet info
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Don't think so. That said I have not looked at a credit report since this weekend. I plan on doing alot of e-accounts since one can never be too thin or have too many bank accounts.

Originally Posted by piecerate
I'm new here and am trying to be sufficiently cryptic so let me know if I need to it dial back. As I was rereading some recent comments I noticed something ADK said about America's bank. Very intriguing. Do they do a hard pull if you open an e-account?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:26 pm

Do any bank accounts allow Amex funding? Would love to knock out my SPG spend requirement.

BTW, incredibly useful post whistler. Makes me want to go out and buy a device with NFC capabilities in the next week!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So how about an NFC Android device that isn't a phone? I looked around but couldn't find one. Should be cheaper, wouldn't require a contract, and could be resold after the Google Wallet account is closed out.

It might not be technically possible - the device may require full-time communication via cell data service. But if there's a Wifi one out there, I might be in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.