VENMO

Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sedubby
Prepaid debit cards work with no fees now..?
you mean vgc? why would they?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:13 am

On the Venmo web page, Venmo says no fees for using a debit card or prepaid gift card.

https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/arti...unts-Cards-FAQ
Are there fees to use Venmo?

We waive fees when you send money using your Venmo balance, bank account, debit card or prepaid card, so it’s free to use. If you want to send money using a credit card and still collect those points, our standard 3% fee applies. Receiving money and making purchases in other apps with Venmo is always free.

You’ll always be notified when adding a card with a fee, and you can double check any cards that you’ve added in your Settings > Banks & Cards.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
On the Venmo web page, Venmo says no fees for using a debit card or prepaid gift card.

https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/arti...unts-Cards-FAQ
Yes but Venmo has a limit on the amount of debit cards that can be swapped in a 6 month to 12 month period ( I think I read 4 or 6). So sure you can get off maybe a few cards but its not a long lasting effort.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Yes but Venmo has a limit on the amount of debit cards that can be swapped in a 6 month to 12 month period ( I think I read 4 or 6). So sure you can get off maybe a few cards but its not a long lasting effort.
And from what I have been reading, there are DCs which Venmo will simply not allow to be used. Look at fairly recent previous posts to see what ones have been mentioned.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:21 pm

Been a few months, but had success again with adding another VGC to Venmo and liquidating. It was a fixed value Meta. I've hit my 4 limit in 6 months now though.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Been a few months, but had success again with adding another VGC to Venmo and liquidating. It was a fixed value Meta. I've hit my 4 limit in 6 months now though.
What kind of payer?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
What kind of payer?
Not sure I understand the question, but I just transferred to my wife. But we routinely exchange several hundred a month already for bills, so it shouldn't stand out much.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Not sure I understand the question, but I just transferred to my wife. But we routinely exchange several hundred a month already for bills, so it shouldn't stand out much.
Size is key with venmo, few hundred bucks here and there should be fine.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:13 pm

Unable to add several gift cards to Venmo now, they worked before, including Meta VGC, Meta MCGC, US Bank MCGC. Does anyone have recent DP? (Not hit the 4 cards/6 months limit)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Top tier elite on several airlines across alliances, Marriott Rewards, SPG
Originally Posted by Uirseita
Unable to add several gift cards to Venmo now, they worked before, including Meta VGC, Meta MCGC, US Bank MCGC. Does anyone have recent DP? (Not hit the 4 cards/6 months limit)
Just tried loading a MetaVGC and encountered the same issue. The party may be over
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:43 am

As their user base grows, they cut back on the interesting angles. Same old story.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:02 pm

Ive only ever added a WF debit to the account a year or so ago, never transferred money. Today I redownloaded the app to try and send money with my Amex SPG. Attempted to add and got the same "can't use this card with Venmo" trash. CS told me something raised a security flag and to try later or a different card, that she cant override it and there is no more info, sorry.

Seems like a dying service even for legit spend.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Does venmo count as a Direct Deposit for BofA when seeking a bonus for a new checking account. I have searched around, and there is no recent reports. thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Does venmo count as a Direct Deposit for BofA when seeking a bonus for a new checking account. I have searched around, and there is no recent reports. thanks!
I don't think that it would.. I think that "Direct deposit" is for recurring check deposits. Look at this site and click on "how direct deposit works". You will see that you need bank routing numbers as well as account numbers. Venmo (AFAIK) does not provide a routing number for accounts.

However, the only way to find out is to try it. Please let us know if it works as a direct deposit.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:22 am

Getting the same Cant add this card to Venmo message on a VGC. Does anyone know why they would advertise that they accept prepaid gift cards on the service when they dont in practice? Very frustrating!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.