Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by josephstern
And you can sign up through it without a referral? If so, that's great.
Yes, worked fine

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it
Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK - I have referred/invited a ton of FTers to Venmo. I hope you all use it well.

From here on forward, I will NOT invite more. Bottom line is, I just don't want to have tons and tons of people linked to my account. Sorry. I just think it will raise my profile too much over there.

So there are at least two ways to get an account without me:

-Get an invite from another user (there's no current referral credit, so I suppose there won't be a conga line, but maybe some people I've referred can pay it forward and post here and take on the referral task for a bit)

-Download the iPhone or Android app, and sign up through there. In that case, there is no referral or invite needed.

Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
What if Husband & Wife (or any pair/group of mutual entrusting people) kept VENMO'ing back and forth? Each with separate AMEX accounts, each getting MR points for their "payments". Definitely want to keep within the limits and don't make it too obvious (same amounts, same time periods, etc.)...
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
mash61 is working for an invite code.

Do a google search on "venmo invite code" and a bunch will come up.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYBanker
mash61 is working for an invite code.

Do a google search on "venmo invite code" and a bunch will come up.
Excellent! I'm not even sure where you generate these in your account. I always use the link, or just email the invite.

Here are some links that seem to work that I found on Twitter:

https://venmo.com/i/adam-friedlander.zEH.adg
https://venmo.com/i/kevin-tran.nlM.shp
https://venmo.com/i/david-beronja.QhM.tnr
https://venmo.com/i/mjlambie.rfM.osa
https://venmo.com/i/edgar-sarmiento.9cM.iaf

Let's try to spread these around - I stopped doing referrals (mostly) because I don't want too many people referred from my account doing what I'm doing. And you people shouldn't want that either. So if we each refer, and then post that we can do a referral or two, then we can spread this around a bit.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henry82
What if Husband & Wife (or any pair/group of mutual entrusting people) kept VENMO'ing back and forth? Each with separate AMEX accounts, each getting MR points for their "payments". Definitely want to keep within the limits and don't make it too obvious (same amounts, same time periods, etc.)...
Sorry - didn't see the post last night.

I only go in one direction with this. I know with Amazon people go both directions each month, but I just haven't seen people post anywhere about doing that here, and from the early comments in this thread, these guys are carefully watching behavior.

If you do decide to try it, please post back with the results.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:35 pm

My experience with Venmo

They currently limit me to charging $1200/month on a credit card when paying other folks (this is a total limit, NOT that I can pay $1200 per person). Anytime I try to go over that limit, they kindly invite me to deposit/link using my checking/debit card.

Venmo says they deposit accumulated money in your account every two weeks, and thus far they've been true to their word. You can also set the amount of money you want to keep in your venmo account. I've set mine to $0, so all the money paid to me during the previous two weeks is transferred to my checking account.

I'd be interesting in hearing if other folks run into the same $1200 limit.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
oh fyi i changed my credit card apparently too many times. 4x. changing the credit card more than 3x is now allowed now im not able to do any charge transactions. i sent them an email and yet to hear back.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bucko
They currently limit me to charging $1200/month on a credit card when paying other folks (this is a total limit, NOT that I can pay $1200 per person). Anytime I try to go over that limit, they kindly invite me to deposit/link using my checking/debit card.

Venmo says they deposit accumulated money in your account every two weeks, and thus far they've been true to their word. You can also set the amount of money you want to keep in your venmo account. I've set mine to $0, so all the money paid to me during the previous two weeks is transferred to my checking account.

1.2k/mo is the limit when using a CC. It was just recently changed. You try to warn some and ask them if they can take a hint but I guess they just don’t care!!!
Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bucko
Definitely. This is a 14.4k a year situation, while it lasts.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this lowered to $500 or so soon.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:44 am

i tried to add my vanilla visa gift card to my venmo account and it keeps declining the card saying it cannot be added

I have only 1 account and tried to add the gift card for first time. I see an authorization on my card from venmo for 26cents but it still dosent want to add the card .. Dosen't venmo accept gift cards as form of payment ?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by recklessmax
i tried to add my vanilla visa gift card to my venmo account and it keeps declining the card saying it cannot be added

I have only 1 account and tried to add the gift card for first time. I see an authorization on my card from venmo for 26cents but it still dosent want to add the card .. Dosen't venmo accept gift cards as form of payment ?
Likewise, using AM3X GC (registered to my name and address) Seemed to be added OK, but when trying to send $$$ with it as the primary card, DECLINED.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Definitely. This is a 14.4k a year situation, while it lasts.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this lowered to $500 or so soon.
I believe that this has already happened:

Originally Posted by venmo
Sorry, we cannot complete this payment as it would put you over your monthly credit card limit of $500.00
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:02 pm

The plot thickens...

Originally Posted by thehawk75
I believe that this has already happened:
I just was able to process a credit card payment of $1200 (my monthly limit, supposedly). That's interesting that folks may have different limits.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: All of em...
I'm capped at $500 as well. Nice to help out minimum spends though at no fee!
I also enjoy using this for paying friends/family too since I don't carry much cash usually. Just handy!

"Sorry, we cannot complete this payment as it would put you over your monthly credit card limit of $500.00"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.