VENMO

Old Jul 6, 11, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Henry82 View Post
What if Husband & Wife (or any pair/group of mutual entrusting people) kept VENMO'ing back and forth? Each with separate AMEX accounts, each getting MR points for their "payments". Definitely want to keep within the limits and don't make it too obvious (same amounts, same time periods, etc.)...
I did this with my wife for a little while and it was okay at the beginning, but it didn't last. I was only doing small amounts, ~$300 or ~$400 and different amounts. After maybe two months a withdrawal to my bank account didn't go through after maybe two weeks. When I e-mailed support to find out why, they said it was frozen due to suspicious activity and pointed out all the transactions back and forth. They are definitely keeping an eye on this.
Old Jul 6, 11, 11:15 am

And . . . I'm done also. Just this morning.

Sent about $11 yesterday. First time this month.
Old Jul 6, 11, 11:40 am

Why did OP delete all his/her posts?!
Old Jul 6, 11, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Hyatt Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam View Post
I did this with my wife for a little while and it was okay at the beginning, but it didn't last. I was only doing small amounts, ~$300 or ~$400 and different amounts. After maybe two months a withdrawal to my bank account didn't go through after maybe two weeks. When I e-mailed support to find out why, they said it was frozen due to suspicious activity and pointed out all the transactions back and forth. They are definitely keeping an eye on this.
How did you resolve this? Did you provide the documentation they requested in their email?
Old Jul 19, 11, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by FTnewbie731 View Post
How did you resolve this? Did you provide the documentation they requested in their email?
They didn't ask for any documentation, they just said we see what you are doing and it violate our TOS. They reversed the last credit card transaction I did - so I'm square with them and they aren't holding any more of my money. But I have not used the service since.
Old Jul 19, 11, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by iluvthsgam View Post
They didn't ask for any documentation, they just said we see what you are doing and it violate our TOS. They reversed the last credit card transaction I did - so I'm square with them and they aren't holding any more of my money. But I have not used the service since.
About the same thing happened to me. Was sending cash between my wife and I. Received an e-mail from VENMO requesting documentation, a few hours later before I responded they reversed all the charges. I didn't call them and decided it was quittin time.
Old Jul 25, 11, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
I was able to do $1200 on the CC early this month, and additional attempts to send money came up stating that I reached my $1200 limit.

I just tried now to send a test payment to see what happened. I didn't get the $1200 limit error message; instead, it said said I need to link a bank account to send funds.

Speculate away....
Old Jul 25, 11, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, Choice, WN, AA, BA, UA, HA, Avis
Originally Posted by marben View Post
About the same thing happened to me. Was sending cash between my wife and I. Received an e-mail from VENMO requesting documentation, a few hours later before I responded they reversed all the charges. I didn't call them and decided it was quittin time.
ding. same
Old Jul 25, 11, 3:34 pm

deleted post :x

Last edited by Smidget; Aug 1, 11 at 1:20 pm
Old Aug 1, 11, 1:50 am

Just got this message trying to add a new card to meet a new spend (I've deleted the previous three cards).

Sorry, you cannot add a card at this time since you have previously added 3 cards, your current limit. We will review your account and raise your limit if deemed appropriate. Please email [email protected] with any helpful information: who you use Venmo with, and the reason for adding multiple cards. Thank you!
Anyone else seen this? Should I email them?
Old Aug 1, 11, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD View Post
Just got this message trying to add a new card to meet a new spend (I've deleted the previous three cards).

Originally Posted by koctail View Post
oh fyi i changed my credit card apparently too many times. 4x. changing the credit card more than 3x is now allowed now im not able to do any charge transactions. i sent them an email and yet to hear back.
Old Aug 1, 11, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD View Post

Everyone should email them!

Everyone should take there lead from OP who deleted all his/hers posts.
Old Aug 1, 11, 1:10 pm

This thread should be closed. They are closely monitoring this site and shutting down accounts left and right. This is a very poor way to accumulate miles - user beware!
Old Aug 1, 11, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by davevt98 View Post
This thread should be closed. They are closely monitoring this site and shutting down accounts left and right. This is a very poor way to accumulate miles - user beware!
Why should this thread be closed? I'd think people should milk it for all they can until the cow dries up.
Old Aug 9, 11, 8:30 am

Amazing, isn't it?

You get banned, fair enough.

But the Spam keeps coming. And coming.

I can't get it to stop!

I guess I deserve that karmically, but man, it just makes me hate them more.

So all of you out there still working the Venmo angle, power on!

And any of you out there on the fence, what do you have to lose? Except for lingering spam, of course. So maybe use a secondary email address?

Search this Thread