Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: A few
most debit cards - signature earns rewards, pin doesn't

st dl card - signature earns rewards, pin does too

enjoy!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by soccerguy985
I believe in order to earn points on your debit card the Terms and Conditions state that it must be a "signature transaction" I.E. if you were at the supermarket it would be a credit transaction, same thing with VENMO...so this would not work. Also, if it is a pin based transaction then it would charge you a dollar for each transaction. I.E. $365 to earn 7k in Skypeso's(If you could earn them)
I am not sure where you are getting the dollar for each transaction story. Even if it did, it would cost $365 would earn $365*2K miles...I would take that for any kind of points.. yes even skypesos!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Have anyone tried Suntrust debit card yet? Does it work?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by soccerguy985
I believe in order to earn points on your debit card the Terms and Conditions state that it must be a "signature transaction" I.E. if you were at the supermarket it would be a credit transaction, same thing with VENMO...so this would not work. Also, if it is a pin based transaction then it would charge you a dollar for each transaction. I.E. $365 to earn 7k in Skypeso's(If you could earn them)
I used my ST debit card the first time at a fast food restaurant and did not require a signature. I still got the miles for the transaction amount, and also the bonus miles.
I would guess using it at Venmo the same would apply.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by karenfly
Does it work?
Affirmative.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
Affirmative.
So reading their help pages, it looks like we can send up to $2k funded by our Suntrust debit cards to each other per month and get 2k DL miles each?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
History shows that both institutions most recently talked about in this thread have somewhat of a hair-trigger when it comes to account closure (One moreso than the other - and we do know they seem to have an over-excited 'f' dept.). Can we therefore take this particular branch of the discussion to PM please? (And consider editing the last few posts).
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I added my Visa Debit card...it is a real debit card, POS and PIN purchases, ATM no problems, but VENMO does not see it as a debit card and will charge me 3%, perplexed, anyone has any insight on this?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Supposedly it's only free for "Big" banks. Whatever that means.

I have two debit cards, one ST that is free, and another (Consumer's Credit Union) that says it will have 3% fee.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Majikow
Supposedly it's only free for "Big" banks. Whatever that means.

I have two debit cards, one ST that is free, and another (Consumer's Credit Union) that says it will have 3% fee.
I'm reluctant to use this card for V payments. I would think if they're really looking, they would flag any activity coming from this free payment service company. Anyone doing this with any success could please PM me to find out what to avoid doing?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mromero07
I'm reluctant to use this card for V payments. I would think if they're really looking, they would flag any activity coming from this free payment service company. Anyone doing this with any success could please PM me to find out what to avoid doing?
Yeah, I should note that I haven't actually used the ST card with Venmo yet, and I'm not sure I'm going to as I'm sure they're going to see a spike because of the recent shine it has gotten, and would rather not be in the tall grass when the scythe comes through.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Tummy
So reading their help pages, it looks like we can send up to $2k funded by our Suntrust debit cards to each other per month and get 2k DL miles each?
sending money to each other means you would get shut down pretty quickly
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kyunbit
sending money to each other means you would get shut down pretty quickly
Why? the purpose of Venmo is to send money between friends and family. Provided you don't abuse the account limits or terms of service, there is no reason one will get 'shut down'.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:40 pm

is anyone able to open venmo webpage...been trying since morning, site not accessible!!!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:47 pm

www.venmo.com is down for me.

But http://venmo.com works for me.

Bookmark for the future:

http://www.isup.me/

can check if a site is working there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.