Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH introduces BMW transfer service at KLIA1

Old Jan 24, 2024, 1:04 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold

From the news

https://www.nst.com.my/business/corp...minal-transfer

Supposedly there is a BMW transfer service introduced from the main terminal to the satellite terminal until the aero train is back in service. The BMW service is for MH Enrich platinum, business and business suite passengers.

Once they have enough cars they will also introduce it from the satellite terminal to the main building? So for now I guess the cars go back empty 😀

Globalist
SESTAR likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Too bad that they are not extending this to Emerald members - this is based on seeing the capacity at the First lounge, how many Emerald members would they need to transport outside of the LHR and DOH flights?

Cheers!
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:22 pm

The Sunday before last the Platinum side of the lounge had about 20 people dining and perhaps another 10 sitting at the lounge side which is an order of magnitude busier than Iíve seen before.

Again in my experience atleast, the J cabins to places like Japan and Australia are always full so I actually wonder extending to Enrich Platinum is going to have paid J ticket holders standing around waiting for 1 of 5 cars while the bus never seems to wait more than a few minutes.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 6:37 pm

Interesting...I do wonder though if this is scalable to carry all business class passengers as well as people with status without keeping them wait in line for too long.
Maybe they will drop the service for status pax at some point and only provide it to business class passengers.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by immunedata
The Sunday before last the Platinum side of the lounge had about 20 people dining and perhaps another 10 sitting at the lounge side which is an order of magnitude busier than Iíve seen before.

Again in my experience atleast, the J cabins to places like Japan and Australia are always full so I actually wonder extending to Enrich Platinum is going to have paid J ticket holders standing around waiting for 1 of 5 cars while the bus never seems to wait more than a few minutes.
According to executivetraveller it seems the cars are provided in addition to buses, don't know how access to each is managed on the ground though.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:14 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by seederad
According to executivetraveller it seems the cars are provided in addition to buses, don't know how access to each is managed on the ground though.
I would guess it will be very manual with a person checking boarding passes, hopefully this person is properly trained on who is eligible or elseit will be as fallible as possible as people can be claiming to be platinum, emeralds trying their luck, Malaysia ďVIPís and other people feeling entitled and before we know itís a free for all

Globalist
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

My feeling is that they will prioritize pax who's flight are departing from the satellite terminal to those that depart from the main terminal (e.g. BKK, CGK, etc). But yes if you have a widebody flight to any long haul destination, with 7 cars (or more) and each individualized, they might have to use status as another filtering criteria when you have 10+ non-associated pax waiting.
Hope that they will when they figure this out indicate this with clear signage of the selection process in case of such a situation or place waiting times.

OTOH: Quite a disaster that they are not able to have the aerotrain up and running after > 1 year of it down. Just unbelievable how

Cheers!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:02 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
As for sorting passengers, perhaps MH will revert to the method they used with the Porsches ? which was to provide "Invitation Cards" at check in.

Just wondering why BMW ?

If it was for passenger comfort, surely Toyota Alphards would have been better especially with cabin luggage.

If it was for being an Electric Car, didn't Tesla just enter the Malaysia market with much fan-fare ,,, including being touted by politicians as a symbol of investor confidence.

If it was just for the BMW brand, they could have done a more complete story, ie TK that had Bently and Jaguar branded amenity kits.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by wantan
Just wondering why BMW ?

If it was for passenger comfort, surely Toyota Alphards would have been better especially with cabin luggage.

If it was for being an Electric Car, didn't Tesla just enter the Malaysia market with much fan-fare ,,, including being touted by politicians as a symbol of investor confidence.

If it was just for the BMW brand, they could have done a more complete story, ie TK that had Bently and Jaguar branded amenity kits.
It's a partnership with BMW (and Ingress Auto). MH didn't walk into a car dealer's lot in Selangor in search of the most practical cars they could find. Same goes with other airlines that offer similar services.

Why would their amenity kits need to match? TK's Bentley/Jaguar kits were not a result of some tarmac transfer partnership.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:54 pm

I'm not sure i'm up for a 90 second BMW ride and the process of getting my bag put in the trunk, getting in the car. Getting out of the car, getting by bag taken out of the trunk. I actually prefer to just stand, wheel my bag on, and off like the way the train used to run (or kinda) like the bus does it now.
d00t and Rami Tamimi like this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I'm not sure i'm up for a 90 second BMW ride and the process of getting my bag put in the trunk, getting in the car. Getting out of the car, getting by bag taken out of the trunk. I actually prefer to just stand, wheel my bag on, and off like the way the train used to run (or kinda) like the bus does it now.
Iíve never waited to board a bus more than 2 minutes and never waited on a bus for it to depart for more than 3 minutes. Unless the BMWs have a more direct route to the terminal they can use thereís no way it will be faster given there seems to only be 5 vehicles!

Last edited by immunedata; Jan 27, 2024 at 9:49 pm
Old Jan 26, 2024, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
As for sorting passengers, perhaps MH will revert to the method they used with the Porsches ? which was to provide "Invitation Cards" at check in.

Just wondering why BMW ?

I believe I read that Anwar waived the typical rules for foreigner companies selling into Malayia, namely not needing a local agent.

Thereís zero chance Tesla corporate HQ would have any interest in sponsoring this initiative.

It will be brokered by a local company, in this case Ingress Auto, in a mutually beneficial way.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
indeed. If Iím going through that kind of trouble I better be dropped off right at the foot of the plane in full view of the other boarding passengers and their roaring applause while I board!
gogooo likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 11:16 pm

Programs: Life
The walk to G1 itself is already a detour!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:37 pm

Per MAS' Facebook:

The luxurious Malaysia Airlines Private Terminal Transfer service is now available to serve arriving passengers.
Our Business Class and Business Suite passengers, as well as Enrich Platinum members can now board the BMW i7 located at Ground Level C1 Gate, Satellite Building to transfer to the Main Terminal Building in no time.

The earlier discussions in this thread suggest that Enrich Platinum weren't previously offered the service so as well as offering the return leg, they've also extended access.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.