Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MH safety video

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

New MH safety video

Gosh, where do I start? Too long. Mildly entertaining at first, that became rather slapstick throughout. And words like "jom" and "marilah terbang" may not resonate with international travellers.

Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:58 pm

I've been told the actual version that's going to be played on planes is much shorter (phew)!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Gosh, where do I start? Too long. Mildly entertaining at first, that became rather slapstick throughout. And words like "jom" and "marilah terbang" may not resonate with international travellers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRkYV1IxmDs
Waouh more than 7:30 min that is ridiculously long. People consider local celebrities as divinities so yeah they love the video.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I've been told the actual version that's going to be played on planes is much shorter (phew)!
Thank goodness for that! I can imagine how many flights would otherwise be delayed because you can't lift off until you've completed screening the onboard demonstrations.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I read that too... i really don't get the rational to do a longer version ^ ^
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: Enrich
Honestly, I never fan of this type of safety video. It just also mean also not of SQ one, everytime I felt this type of presentation seems to be lengthy. So far only AA one I felt more comfortable with it

I still like their previous one with folding paper plane presentation, it was much more creative at intro
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Background song in the old
was exactly the same as the afternoon
That song can be licensed crazily cheap.

Looks like MH found some more budget this time
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by asiantraveler60
Waouh more than 7:30 min that is ridiculously long.
To be fair, it's only 6 mins, and the rest is just credits. The Director's cut of the BA Comic Relief one was also 6 mins. The pre-Covid Qantas 100 year heritage one is over 8 mins...
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Quite like it. You could play it 5 times over in Europe before departure and still have time before take off with the congestion.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

The previous version was "forgettable". Guess they want the video now to be catchy and dynamic, kinda impossible for anyone to peel their eyes off, like some sort of guilty pleasure watching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.