Interlining with QR & KUL MCT

Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF
Interlining with QR & KUL MCT

We have a QF award ticket for March 2023 . The first three flights are connecting flights; SYD-KUL (MH) then KUL-DOH (QR) then DOH-AMS (QR). There are further flights later.
At KUL we have a transit time of 1Hr 15min.
At DOH the transit time is over 9 Hrs.
I believe MH will interline luggage with QR. Would it be better for MH to tag luggage to DOH only rather than through to AMS, as we have a lengthy DOH transit anyway (overnight). I guess my concern is the risk of bags missing a flight. Otherwise we could check with Gate staff that bags are onboard? And does MH checkin print all boarding passes?
Also the Gates are in Terminal M (main?), do you pass through immigration when in transit at KUL. Thanks.

Last edited by blutek; Jun 20, 2022 at 3:19 am
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:00 am

If the flights are all on 1 PNR, then MH in SYD will check all the way through to AMS. If the SYD-KUL flight is still an A330 then it will arrive at the Satellite terminal, which is also where QR will depart from. Satellite terminal has four arms, easily walkable in 10 mins. Security is done at the gate entrance, which will probably take the most time out of everything during your transit.

The main terminal, I believe is only set up to accommodate narrow body aircraft, so 737s. If it does happen to arrive at the main terminal, there is a monorail to the satellite terminal.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF
Thanks, at KLIA aircraft are currently A330 > B777 .
Luggage transfer is our main concern, otherwise all looks straightforward.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by DiamondMile
The main terminal, I believe is only set up to accommodate narrow body aircraft, so 737s. If it does happen to arrive at the main terminal, there is a monorail to the satellite terminal.
The main terminal can and sometimes does handle widebodies. Its not a forgone conclusion that A330 flights arrive at the Satellite, though its likely. Regardless, 1:15 is perfectly doable.
DiamondMile likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.