Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Cancellation - Google knows better than MH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Was woken up in the middle of the night when I heard a beep on my phone. My flight MH616 today SIN-KUL was cancelled (a second time for this booking). Checked Changi Airport website, yup cancelled. Called MH - they insist that it's still operating "according to their system", in fact their website and app continue to sell tickets for this flight, and allow people to check in! How is this even possible?? (headslam emoji)

Last edited by carrotjuice; May 26, 2022 at 3:11 pm
Old May 26, 2022, 5:34 pm

Not doing any SIN-KUL-SIN's on MH for the forseaable future, and no, not even the temptation of the QF F lounge reopening will sway me. Far too unreliable.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Was woken up in the middle of the night when I heard a beep on my phone. My flight MH616 today SIN-KUL was cancelled (a second time for this booking). Checked Changi Airport website, yup cancelled. Called MH - they insist that it's still operating "according to their system", in fact their website and app continue to sell tickets for this flight, and allow people to check in! How is this even possible?? (headslam emoji)
Looks like it did end up operating. Were you on it?
Old May 27, 2022, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Yes I was, after wasting 9 hours of my day being stressed about the cancellation and 8 phonecalls bounced between MH and Changi Airport call centres.

Changi kept saying that the flight was cancelled by MH, whereas MH kept insisting that the flight was operating as timed.

I asked MH to speak with their person on the ground at Changi (not merely their flight scheduler in sitting in their ivory tower in KL).
Also asked Changi call centre to speak to someone for MH on the ground.
Both parties continued to tell conflicting versions of their events.
But it seemed that both parties only repeated whatever information they could see in their systems.

Sometime around 12 noon, the Changi website "refreshed" and showed the flight was back on time.
When asked the question to both MH and Changi, nobody had any idea why.

My suspicion is, the same flight was indeed cancelled the day before (26 May).
And when someone adjusted the status on Changi website, a fat finger changed the wrong date as well, which caused the confusion.

Have demanded that they investigate and revert.
Will update back if I hear.

The 27 May flight was full.
Imagine the inconvenience passengers would endure if it really was cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.