New Enrich program from 1 April 2021

Old Jan 27, 2021, 5:55 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

New Enrich program from 1 April 2021

Hi all,

For those that uses the Enrich program actively, there's some changes coming up. [I only joined the program to credit those oddball cheap fares which don't get any credit anywhere else]
Details found at https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...bid=1775278057

Main changes I noticed are
- Enrich miles will become Enrich points - transfer will be 1:1
- Enrich points will now be monetary based instead of distance base - like what most other major FFP's are moving towards. For the rest I am not familiar enough to comment/compare to current program.
- Platinum status qualification seems easier? 100 Elite points instead of 130 Elite points. Gold seems to have been increased from 50 to 60 Elite Points.

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Jan 27, 2021 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 27, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yes, I think it's easier to achieve Platinum in this new scheme.
In this new scheme the Elite points which replace Elite sectors can be accrued easier if you fly short-medium hauls like KL to Manila/Taipei/Hong Kong. You'd get 3 point in business per sector, rather than 2 before.
But with the initial Platinum threshold lowered to 100 rather than 130 points/sectors, the mileage runs in Malaysia which still earn the same amount of points, have become more lucrative.
Must be said that for this year this will probably not help many people residing outside Malaysia as travel restrictions remain in place.
All in all, for now this doesn't seem dramatic for travelers.

I do wonder what they will do with status extension next year. I'd imagine MH has to give everyone another year extension as nobody will be able to fly enough otherwise this year.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Seems a lot easier for Economy class flyers to qualify for status. Don't think there are many FFPs where a longhaul Y (KUL-LHR) earns 75% of a J ticket (6 vs 8 elite points).
quinzinho likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Some winners & some losers.

Here's a calculator to compare new vs old earn: https://www.traveldatadaily.com/enrich/
quinzinho, brbear and Danial like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by jhneoh
Seems a lot easier for Economy class flyers to qualify for status. Don't think there are many FFPs where a longhaul Y (KUL-LHR) earns 75% of a J ticket (6 vs 8 elite points).
4 Elite Sectors for each way in Domestic J , going to expect Golden Lounges to be packed with new Golds + 1 companion once travel picks up !

Hopefully this will incentivise MH to create more lounges nationwide ... or one can dream
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by wantan
4 Elite Sectors for each way in Domestic J , going to expect Golden Lounges to be packed with new Golds + 1 companion once travel picks up !
Don't forget these newbies will be offset, at least to some extent, by those who've had status before who will avoid flying MH at all costs due to the dreadful way they handled Covid-related cancellation refunds.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wantan
4 Elite Sectors for each way in Domestic J
I think you misread the table.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by d00t
Some winners & some losers.

Here's a calculator to compare new vs old earn: https://www.traveldatadaily.com/enrich/
Originally Posted by quinzinho
I think you misread the table.
Sorry, I replied based on a KUL - BTU J (RM500 ) search on the above site. https://traveldatadaily.com/o/G1W910B69833

My bad that I did not notice the site was quoting "RETURN" journeys, so earning is actually 2 sectors 1 way KUL - BTU. (so no changes to domestic J earning, sector wise)
Old Feb 7, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Life
Hmmm tad risky to enroll in a frequent flier program of near dead airline?
d00t likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
15.How do I calculate Enrich Points earned based on fare paid? The base of Enrich Points is every Malaysian Ringgit MYR 1 earn 1 Enrich Point. Member will earn additional bonus points based on Enrich Tier Status and the following multiplier:
Blue 20%
Silver 30%
Gold 60%
Platinum 80%

36.What about Tier Elite Bonus Points as for Enrich Silver, Gold and Platinum member? Will we be still eligible for these bonus points? Our Enrich Silver, Gold and Platinum top tier members will still be eligible for Tier Elite Bonus Points for travel on Malaysia Airlines flights as provided below.
Silver & Gold 25%
Platinum 30%

MH has made the distinction clear between ENRICH points (redeemable currency) and ELITE Points (status qualifying metric) in the FAQ. Am I correct in interpreting Q #36 that existing Silvers and Golds only have to achieve 80% (1/1.25) and Platinums only 77% (1/1.3) of the new elite tier qualification requirements as long as they fly solely on MH flights?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:38 am

Sounds like MH has no elite members anymore after 2021: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...fications.html
It's gonna be completely impossible this year for members to retain their status with only a 25% reduction in point requirements.
d00t likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Sounds like MH has no elite members anymore after 2021: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...fications.html
It's gonna be completely impossible this year for members to retain their status with only a 25% reduction in point requirements.
Not to worry. They’ll run some ridiculous status match with astronomical credit card transfer requirements. Soon enough every Galleries/Flagship/Sakura lounge will be brimming with MH elites.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:52 pm

What an odd time to revamp (devalue?) an airline's FFP...
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
What an odd time to revamp (devalue?) an airline's FFP...
Aren't the majority of decisions/actions taken by MH always in this category?

Cheers!
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:33 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Not to worry. They’ll run some ridiculous status match with astronomical credit card transfer requirements. Soon enough every Galleries/Flagship/Sakura lounge will be brimming with MH elites.
I assure you the airline learned from that mistake!!
(The mistake of requiring 2x different actions of flight+miles transfers).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.