Wiki Posts
Search

Old Interior 737-800s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:25 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Old Interior 737-800s

Longing for travel had brought me to my old travel pictures, when I recalled there being a sub-fleet of MH 737-800s with old interiors (Blue 90s-esque recliners in J and newer black leather seats in Y). The planes do not have IFE, and seats 1A and 1C has a great amount of legroom. On my logs, 9M-MLK and 9M-MLJ are part of this sub-fleet, but after a quick Google search, websites like Airfleets such claim that the planes were delivered new 9 years ago, to my surprise.

Does anyone know the history/story behind these planes?
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Believe they were bought from another airline (or they were intended to be used by that airline ). If I remember right it was an American airliner, AA or UA.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:43 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Boeing Sky Interior was announced sometime 2009, so I'm guessing whoever placed B738 orders before then (B738 been around commercially since 1998) would have the old interior.

In MH's case, the Boeing Sky Interior only featured on MAS Boeing 737-800 with 9M-MX series as 9M-ML series are leased.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wantan
Boeing Sky Interior was announced sometime 2009, so I'm guessing whoever placed B738 orders before then (B738 been around commercially since 1998) would have the old interior.

In MH's case, the Boeing Sky Interior only featured on MAS Boeing 737-800 with 9M-MX series as 9M-ML series are leased.
There's also the 9M-MS series. I believe these have the newer interior.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: GA/SQ/CX
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Believe they were bought from another airline (or they were intended to be used by that airline ). If I remember right it was an American airliner, AA or UA.
According to planespotters.net, it's DL

Originally Posted by wantan

I believe those whose model is Boeing 737-8FZ is the one with old cabin (9M-FFF and 9M-MLF until 9M-MLL), those with the model of 737-8H6 are the with Boeing Sky Interior and the new cabin with IFE.
quinzinho likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm just failing to understand why the J cabin on some of the 9M-ML planes are very shabby compared to the relative age of the plane.

For instance, this picture is from 9M-MLK and you could just see how worn the seats look (this picture is from 2018)
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm just failing to understand why the J cabin on some of the 9M-ML planes are very shabby compared to the relative age of the plane.

For instance, this picture is from 9M-MLK and you could just see how worn the seats look (this picture is from 2018)
This J seat sits very comfortable though, better than the modern J seat. Unfortunately no IFE.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quinzinho
This J seat sits very comfortable though, better than the modern J seat. Unfortunately no IFE.
Yes I would agree 100%. I love the cushioning which unfortunately doesn’t exist in the Sky Interior planes
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by clubeurope

I’d say MH manages their plane very poorly. Even those 738 with sky interior are worn and dirty, let alone those you came across. Not appealing to fly MH unless price justifies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.