Business Class - No Champagne

Old Feb 27, 20, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Business Class - No Champagne

All,

Just did KUL to PER on 22nd Feb and PER to KUL today (27th Feb) and no champagne loaded on both my flights. Drinks menu withheld on the way to PER also (Not shown to customers...) .

Cabin Service Manager also stated there was no champagne loaded on his outbound flight on 25 / 26th Feb to PER. Anyone know what is going on? Cutbacks?

KLJ
Old Feb 27, 20, 8:03 am

Programs: Kris Flyer
Had similar experience when I flew on the same route. Never questioned it as I have not flown on MH for decade.
I was happy with the signature drink, Was Emas as I recall

Last edited by AlexPER; Feb 27, 20 at 8:15 am
Old Feb 27, 20, 9:46 am

Wau Emas = “golden kite”
Old Feb 29, 20, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Same situation to Delhi on 27th Feb.
Drinks Menus were distributed but no Champagne loaded at all.
Purser was apologetic but could not offer any gesture of goodwill... She offered to “write to the company”, but I have no hope given the black hole that Malaysia Customer Services is.
It is ironic that it is happening the week they are nominated for best business class champagne by Business Traveller Sky Cellar. (It’s also interesting that they won this award for Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2007... They only carry this particular champagne to a couple of routes such as London and Sydney, and will serve you the “cheaper” option unless you specifically ask for it.)
Keter likes this.
Old Feb 29, 20, 2:00 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
I always pitch my expectations extremely low for MH and anything better is just a bonus.

I’ve flown dozens of MH flights over the past 6 years and champagne seems to be a 50/50 proposition if it’s on the drinks menu (shorter flights have no booze anyway). My point being, it’s not a recent thing.

Flying intra Asia has kept my QF WP status up for years, so I don’t complain.
Danial and kaffir76 like this.
Old Feb 29, 20, 4:02 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
#Flying Yan - just what gesture of goodwill were you expecting?

Why not email your complaint to the CEO if you are not satisfied with customer services
Old Feb 29, 20, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post

Why not email your complaint to the CEO if you are not satisfied with customer services
In situations like this, Singapore Airlines would for example give a voucher to spend on duty free. Nothing big, but at least a sorry for failing to deliver on their promise and to show they care.

This is not a big deal and I wouldn’t want to waste time emailing customer relations or the CEO. Given the generally poor services and inconsistencies of MH, I have already taken most of my business away and only use them when I have no other choices.
Old Mar 1, 20, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingYan View Post
In situations like this, Singapore Airlines would for example give a voucher to spend on duty free. Nothing big, but at least a sorry for failing to deliver on their promise and to show they care.

This is not a big deal and I wouldn’t want to waste time emailing customer relations or the CEO. Given the generally poor services and inconsistencies of MH, I have already taken most of my business away and only use them when I have no other choices.
This is exactly why you should contact the CEO not about compensation but downward spiral in customer service
Old Mar 1, 20, 5:06 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
I was told on a DEL-KUL flight that champagne is not available as it comes from China... My friends laughed at me when I told them... Champagne was available on KUL-SYD but I am not sure if rose was loaded, I only managed to try the white/ brut one.
Old Mar 1, 20, 5:08 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
... Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2007... They only carry this particular champagne to a couple of routes such as London and Sydney, and will serve you the “cheaper” option unless you specifically ask for it.)
Wow i did not know one has to ask!
Old Mar 1, 20, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Keter View Post
I was told on a DEL-KUL flight that champagne is not available as it comes from China... My friends laughed at me when I told them... Champagne was available on KUL-SYD but I am not sure if rose was loaded, I only managed to try the white/ brut one.
so we only get champagne on flights from France?
Old Mar 9, 20, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Ibis Plat,
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
so we only get champagne on flights from France?
No that is not what is being said. And actually give called "champagne" it does not to come from France. It is a region of France. It maybe bulk bought like most things and distributed through Chinese agents to MH. Seems to me that MH don't treat Business class pax that well. The other half a very frequent flyer also flew LHR-KUL-PER and said never again. Pretty awful was get words and nothing like QR.
Old May 10, 20, 2:42 pm

Sorry, but if you are not happy, write in to complain about the customer services and missing products. Not asking for compensation. Jeeez!

Last edited by l etoile; May 10, 20 at 8:18 pm Reason: Racist comment deleted by moderator
Old May 11, 20, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by SB177A View Post

Sorry, but if you are not happy, write in to complain about the customer services and missing products. Not asking for compensation. Jeeez!
Basically what I said two months ago unfortunately many people seem to spend their time looking for compensation - I sometimes head my letter of complaint "I do not want compensation" or words to that effect when I simply wish to provide feedback
Old May 14, 20, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by SB177A View Post

Most reputable Airlines will have a procedure in place for this type of situation. British Airways will offer a few thousands miles. Singapore Airlines will offert a voucher to spend on duty free... those are just a few example of immediate service recovery in-flight.
Good for you folks if you are not looking for compensation, but personally, when I pay a premium price for a premium product and I don’t receive the advertised product, I do expect some kind of gesture.
Let’s agree to disagree if you have different views...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: