Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class - No Champagne

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by FlyingYan
Most reputable Airlines will have a procedure in place for this type of situation. British Airways will offer a few thousands miles. Singapore Airlines will offert a voucher to spend on duty free... those are just a few example of immediate service recovery in-flight.
Good for you folks if you are not looking for compensation, but personally, when I pay a premium price for a premium product and I don’t receive the advertised product, I do expect some kind of gesture.
Let’s agree to disagree if you have different views...
I too expect a premium service for a premium price but I also appreciate that occasionally things can go wrong. There are times when I too would expect compensation but I would not get worked up cause no champagne (as long as there was other alcohol). I have been offered compensation when my bags did not arrive and as it was my return leg it was no inconvenience but they insisted I took the cash when I reported it to the lost baggage office

yes there are numerous examples of how companies can react and one of my most positive experiences was when the inflight entertainment in business on my first leg and the flight full (Etihad when they were good) did not work and whilst I was in the lounge waiting for my connection in Abu Dhabi I was approached by a member of staff came who personally apologized for the problem on the incoming flight and then on the next leg as I was being shown to my seat the cabin manager also not only apologized for my experience on the first flight but also assured me she had personally check my IFE and it was definitely working and gave me a letter offering from the company me miles.
Old May 14, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I totally understand your frustration, but I think many would agree that MH is not exactly a reputable carrier. Hence the above mentioned experience.

I used to not mind them for their quirks like the above because they were priced accordingly. Inconsistent onboard service, mixed bag catering, angle flat seats and limited IFE. After taking into account the price I paid, plus the OW miles, it was acceptable. But some time from 2015 onwards, their prices increased while their service got worst. Removing alcohol from regional service. Heck even Malindo has got beer on KL-SIN runs. That's when I bailed.

Of course if you wanted a direct flight from KL, then admittedly MH is the only options for many places.
Old May 14, 2020, 4:13 am

I flew with them a couple of times when they offered unbeatable prices in business in 2018/19 (London/KL/Phnom Phen and back Kota Bharu/Kl/london) and overall I was more than satisfied (true no alcohol on the two short flights but I knew in advance and not a problem) I had no complaints about the service or the comfort and had some excellent food on board. I have to say though that there is no way I would have paid any extra for the business suite where the menu was virtually the same as ordinary business so just a bit of extra room and privacy
Old May 18, 2020, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingYan
Most reputable Airlines will have a procedure in place for this type of situation. British Airways will offer a few thousands miles. Singapore Airlines will offert a voucher to spend on duty free... those are just a few example of immediate service recovery in-flight.
Good for you folks if you are not looking for compensation, but personally, when I pay a premium price for a premium product and I don’t receive the advertised product, I do expect some kind of gesture.
Let’s agree to disagree if you have different views...
Unfortunately MH crew are some of the most unempowered I’ve seen in the industry. Whenever something wrong happens inflight, all they could do was shrug their shoulders and say write in to customer service - and most of the time you merely get a templated response in return. Unlike SQ, CX and BA crew, they really haven’t been given empowerment to do anything beyond - like giving out compensation miles or vouchers for inflight shopping - and it’s a problem with MH management, not quite the crew.
quinzinho likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 3:57 am

carrotjuice. yes i would agree that good customer service flows from the top and empowerment of the people on the ground is crucial to success in solving problems before they become problems. It is interesting that very often there is a problem in the middle management (and not the top) who are not committed to improved customer service (even if they say they are) and are worried about mistakes - when I was working we used to describe them as the damp proof course
Old May 31, 2020, 7:40 am

TBH, MAS deteriorated over the years. The first time I fly with MAS was about 14 years ago. Back then they use L'occitane for toiletries in lounge and serve qualities food in lounge and in flight. I do understand that the airline is lossing money and try to cut cost thus premium amenities has been taken out. But their services go to drain as well. Quite a number of complaints I do make regarding various issues from flight attendant's attitude and hardware default. No reply or follow up from the management. Not even an apology. Such a big disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.