MEL Accepts Web Check In BP from MH

Old Feb 24, 20, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

MEL Accepts Web Check In BP from MH

Hello,

I am trying to check in early for my MH128 flight to enjoy the Qantas F lounge before the airport check in opens. Since I do not have any check in luggage, I was wondering if MEL airport would let me in airside with my computer generated BP from MH. Thank you for your help.
Old Mar 4, 20, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

I have successfully used computer generated boarding pass from MH to access airside at Melbourne airport since I did not have any checked luggage.
Old Mar 6, 20, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; SK EBG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, SPG Gold
MEL is a little odd, as flights need to be open to be let through. So if you are too early the flight could still be closed and you need to be a little firm as they then need to make a call to open the flight. They will also warn you that you cannot get out again. And are quite surprised when you are ok with waiting 5 hours in the F lounge rather than 2 hours on a bench outside.

I may not have the exact wording correct, and I have managed to get through 7 hours before my flight (domestic connection from a small airport) so be prepared for some red lights and beeps.

open does not mean checkin is open, but some other status of the flight by the airline.

I have had this with JL, QF and QR.

KF

Search this Thread
Search Engine: