CIMB Enrich World Elite Credit Card

Old Feb 19, 20, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Question CIMB Enrich World Elite Credit Card

There is a sign-up bonus offer currently advertised for 70,000 enrich miles for the CIMB Enrich World Elite Credit Card which prompted me to look into the card.

In addition to the sign-up bonus:
Enjoy unlimited access to Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge in and outside of Malaysia. Present your CIMB Enrich World Elite Credit Card together with your Malaysia Airlines boarding pass at any Golden Lounge

What I can't find anywhere is whether this allows a guest (which I think is unlikely) or if the Supplementary Card holder also receives the lounge perk.

On the card's main page it says:
Share the benefits of your CIMB Bank credit card with your loved ones by giving them a supplementary card today.

Does anyone have this card who knows?
Old Feb 21, 20, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

The answer from the Enrich help desk is:

We wish to inform that CIMB complimentary Lounge voucher is only for the main cardholder and not for the supplementary cardholder and for guests.

This is slightly confusing as the World Elite card doesn't appear to issue Lounge Vouchers but instead its the presentation of the card itself (plus boarding pass) which gets you into the lounge. It's not obvious how they would distinguish the main card holder from a supplementary card holder.

The other Enrich CIMB cards offer 5x or 10x Lounge access per year and this is administered through vouchers (presumably issued in the name of the main card holder).

No one can confirm how it works on the ground?
Old Feb 23, 20, 11:48 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I have held the Enrich World Elite Mastercard for many years, and I can confirm that the supplementary cardholders receive lounge access.

Just show the card at the Golden Lounge. Must be on marked and operated MH flight.
Old Feb 24, 20, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d00t View Post
I have held the Enrich World Elite Mastercard for many years, and I can confirm that the supplementary cardholders receive lounge access.

Just show the card at the Golden Lounge. Must be on marked and operated MH flight.
Thanks a lot. Do you think this is a case of it being technically being 'against policy' but they have no way of telling which card presented is supplementary or main card holder?

If myself and my wife tried to enter the lounge, with a credit card each, would this be an issue?
Old Feb 24, 20, 3:03 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by immunedata View Post
Thanks a lot. Do you think this is a case of it being technically being 'against policy' but they have no way of telling which card presented is supplementary or main card holder?

If myself and my wife tried to enter the lounge, with a credit card each, would this be an issue?
Lounge staff enter in the CC# into their notes -and let you in.

There is nothing on the primary vs supplementary card where you can which card is either-or.

Honestly, I have never been aware of any rule that supp cardholders are not permitted.
immunedata likes this.
Old Mar 8, 20, 8:59 am
Original Poster

After a few emails to both Enrich and CIMB who both directed me to the other, and after some clarifications I finally got a clear answer on this which may be helpful for anyone else searching in the future:

We would like to advise you that the supplementary cardholder may access the MAS Golden Lounges using his/her own Supplementary CIMB Enrich World Elite Mastercard.

Please be informed that the supplementary cardholder must present their,

valid CIMB Enrich World Elite Mastercard

Malaysia Airlines boarding pass

National Registration Identity Card (NRIC)/Passport

Search this Thread
Search Engine: