Coronavirus Ticket Change Policy?

Old Feb 6, 20, 4:57 pm

Programs: Enrich
Actually their message very confusing, it seems that they type it in rush without clearly define. I tried to read several time but still unable to get it, is it those who visit these area will not able to check in, or all the flights are not able to check in
Old Feb 6, 20, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by dici View Post
Actually their message very confusing, it seems that they type it in rush without clearly define. I tried to read several time but still unable to get it, is it those who visit these area will not able to check in, or all the flights are not able to check in
Blame this on poor command of English... looks like it was translated from Malay?!
Old Feb 6, 20, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Blame this on poor command of English... looks like it was translated from Malay?!
I checked the Bahasa ver, they not even update anything since Oct 2019. There isn't any travel warnings message at all. Now I even wonder how they construct this message
Old Feb 6, 20, 11:42 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I noticed this as well - and would be affected, as I will travel in 10 days (or plan to do so) from Taipei via Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. Their policie is more restricitive than those of the countries mentioned.
Will contact them via Facebook
Old Feb 7, 20, 3:26 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
This looks like a restriction imposed by MH itself, as Timatic does not list any restrictions on entering Malaysia from Mainland China and HK.
Old Feb 7, 20, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
This looks like a restriction imposed by MH itself, as Timatic does not list any restrictions on entering Malaysia from Mainland China and HK.
It seems so.

I contacted them via Facebook Messenger:

Question to MH

That is their answer and my follow up:

Answer

This is indeed a little bit confusing because nobody (neither in Malayisa nor Singapore nor Taiwan) could confirm this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 4:09 am

I believe because each country has different restrictions. for example, my colleague received notice from his family that India has included Singapore as restrictions list today.

Some country does include taiwan into the list due to one China policy. The message seems to be just a general message without details which country has which level of restrictions list.
Old Feb 7, 20, 4:17 am

I believe because each country has different restrictions. for example, my colleague received notice from his family that India has included Singapore as restrictions list today.

Some country does include taiwan into the list due to one China policy. The message seems to be just a general message without details which country has which level of restrictions list.
Which does not really help, if you have to deal with several airlines in regard to cancellations. One tells me, no refund, because Taiwan is safe, the other tells me you even are not allowed to fly ... (in this case QR / CX and MH).
Rami Tamimi likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 8:03 am

They just removed the travel advisory. Instead, they added a new form in Wuhan Coronavirus advisory. Now, you can request to cancel or change if you fulfil the criteria using the form
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 11:20 pm

Programs: Ex *A now CX. IHG/Marriott convert
They just removed the travel advisory. Instead, they added a new form in Wuhan Coronavirus advisory. Now, you can request to cancel or change if you fulfil the criteria using the form
Please remember to use the form or to contact the Call Center for any cancellations/refunds under this policy.

I was informed by the Call Center that if you cancel your ticket through the Managing Booking button in their website - you will not receive a full refund if your purchased ticket is non-refundable.
Old Feb 11, 20, 4:33 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
Anyone had luck getting protected onto a CX/KA flights by MH? My original flights HKG-KUL-PEN and PEN-KUL-HKG both got cancelled and MH automatically protected me on flights that I can not take, as I will be connecting to/from these flights in HKG on a separate booking.

Tried to reach MH by phone today, but they are understandably busy.
Old Feb 11, 20, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
Anyone had luck getting protected onto a CX/KA flights by MH? My original flights HKG-KUL-PEN and PEN-KUL-HKG both got cancelled and MH automatically protected me on flights that I can not take, as I will be connecting to/from these flights in HKG on a separate booking.

Tried to reach MH by phone today, but they are understandably busy.
Your best bet is ask for refund and book another flight yourself. As per MAVCOM regulation, they are obligate to offer you an alternative flight if possible, but if passenger does not accept the offer then refund should be provided.

In the case they agree for your re-route request, you can asking for PEN-HKG direct flight by CX/KA instead of via KUL... but I expect that if they agree, then may need to pay some fee difference. You can try to contact via FB messenger if the agent there is able to help or not
Rami Tamimi likes this.
Old Feb 11, 20, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
After changing my ticket a first time for free, they have accepted today to refund the return part at no cost (Z class) as due to the new restriction imposed by Malaysian authority we would have been forbidden to transit in KUL for the return part of the ticket
Old Feb 13, 20, 12:21 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Has anyone heard anything regarding Malaysian Airlines refusing to fly passengers whom have been in China, HK, Taiwan etc withing 14 days? There are some pretty strong rumors floating around. I can see that they do have an advisory for Sabah and Sarawak but not KL.
Old Feb 16, 20, 10:49 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I am currently in transit on kul to domestic(lgk) coming from tpe, went to transferdesk (as the app included taiwan at checkin) told them i wanted to checkin, they asked where i came from and told taipei after which i received my boarding pass. So from Taiwan there is no issue .
ExpatSomchai likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: