MH next to leave the OW nest?

Old Jan 21, 20, 5:58 am
Original Poster

MH next to leave the OW nest?

Interesting article I’ve just come across that states MH is up for sale and Air France/KLM is looking to purchase as much as 49%. Japan Airlines is also looking at buying 25%. Where would that leave MH alliance wise and would they look to exit OW?
Very interesting times ahead

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/01/21/...oneworld-exit/
Old Jan 21, 20, 6:53 am

Programs: Enrich
It is hard to say, as MH just had JV approved with JL, and their JV application with SQ most likely also getting approved.

The main problem is with our Dr M and and cabinet team. They like to make decision without discussing with involved group, just look at how they did on mavcom, which they claim mavcom is an useless and unknown entity to international aviation authority
Old Jan 21, 20, 11:14 am

Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Kinda funny how these aviation theme blog were jumping onto conclusion that MH may leave OW when there no concrete evidence. KLM denied too at the start. Even if it does happen dont think it will happen like that in blink of eye.

Local Business Newspaper on MH Prospective Buyer

Apparently Jal was back to the discussion again to buy smaller stake when they initially denied that they are not considering that option.

We have Tony as usual and Air Asia & Malindo/Lion Air (dem they were thinking big for sure) lurking in the corner too.

I am sure Mahathir and co are having headache now who to offload MH since Khazanah National (controlled by Govt) owns MH.

Mavcom hoo ha was just part of it i supposed. There are more mess here and there left by them which can be both good and bad which are not doing them good at all in hoping to continue in power for the next term

Oh yeah, good luck dealing with the almighty Union

Meanwhile I just sit down and have my pop corn

Last edited by minizian; Jan 21, 20 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 21, 20, 5:34 pm

The title of this thread is clickbait-ish.
minizian, quinzinho and kaffir76 like this.
Old Jan 26, 20, 3:31 am

Programs: SQ Gold, MH Gold
Originally Posted by Zawnet View Post
And so is the loyaltylobby title. These bloggers often have good content, but that piece shows how little they understand the world of aviation IMO.

Just to be clear - MH is doomed without Oneworld or an abundance of JVs in place.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet View Post
I would drop the “ish”.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 1:09 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by d00t View Post
And so is the loyaltylobby title. These bloggers often have good content, but that piece shows how little they understand the world of aviation IMO.

Just to be clear - MH is doomed without Oneworld or an abundance of JVs in place.
unless the plan is to keep MH as a domestic only airline, maybe in full business config to please our VIPs and differentiate from AK ?

and let the other players scrap it out in the challenging long haul market.

Just to be clear, I'm not being serious here but stranger things have happened ...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: