Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Question about KUL international connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

I am considering a quick status run on MH metal, DPS-KUL-CGK, so, Indonesia to Indonesia, same day, one ticket, with a quick transit in KUL. Do I have to clear immigration at KUL to board the second flight? And do I have to clear immigration again at CGK? Is this considered that I am exiting and re-entering Indonesia? I will not exit the airport in KUL, I am just transiting...no baggage at all.

Last edited by nk15; Nov 23, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: QF WP
If it’s all on one ticket you don’t have to clear immigration in KUL, and even if it’s not all on one ticket I suspect you can do OLCI or get a boarding pass from the transfer desks, providing you do not have checked luggage to deal with

you’ll have to clear immigration leaving Indonesia and then again when reentering Indonesia though
nk15 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: NZ
Not sure of the transit arrangements at T3 at CGK, but just wondering if you are trying to do a turnaround to the same MH aircraft?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Thanks for the responses. It's an one way ticket.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by nk15
Thanks for the responses. It's an one way ticket.
OK, then yes you will need to go through customs and immigration at CGK. The fact that you did not enter Malaysia makes no difference.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
What about cabotage? I tried to do this search on MH.com and if I add DPS as the departure point I can't select an Indonesian destination (well, only Medan). Same if I select CGK as the departure point.

I'd be dubious if this offered on a single ticket.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Enrich
there is soemthing call multi city option or other OTA website
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:29 pm

‘Cabotage’ already addressed in a separate thread:
Is this a legal itinerary? Cabotage?

There are a number of people who have reported being able to ticket and fly such fares, also purchasing from MH directly.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.