Two bookings - Check in at once?

Old Sep 7, 19, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas
Two bookings - Check in at once?

Hi,

I have booked a return Malaysia Airline flight from Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai for November, as I was thinking of touring from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur before catching the flights.

But now I have changed my mind.

I'm thinking of just fly to KL to catch that flight to Shanghai and touring Malaysia on my way back.

Now is the tricky bit.

Would I be able to check in for both of my flights in Singapore if I book another flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur and continue to Shanghai?

Or I have to get out of the KLIA, check in at KLIA for the Shanghai flights?

I have tried asking Malaysia Airline on Facebook, but no response.

Any advise will be very much appreciated.
Old Sep 10, 19, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @sunda. Please follow the redirect as we move your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Sep 10, 19, 8:46 pm

Programs: Enrich
It depends on what time you arrive in KUL and what time you will depart from KUL. In my experice, if the time between two flight is no more than 12hrs, usually you can do it in Changi.

I have few flight such that I arrive KUL 10om and depart before 12noon next day, they allow me to do that. But if my flight depart after 12noon, then they could not
Old Sep 10, 19, 8:51 pm

Assuming you will be flying on MH SIN-KUL, you should be able to even if it will be a separate booking/ ticket.
Old Sep 10, 19, 11:24 pm

You likely are aware that you can always check in online, or at the transfer desk at KLIA regardless of airline you fly to KLIA with (if not flying into klia2 and so Long as the transit time is reasonable).

Your concern is likely on checking your bags through on separate tickets, and yes, this will be allowed by MH, for the MH->MH transit on the separate tickets (usually ok if transit is <24hrs, though diciís experience if next day may apply). This thread has more details if interested: Malaysia Airlines Official Policy on Checking bags on separate tickets

Last edited by crackjack; Sep 10, 19 at 11:52 pm

Search this Thread