KUL KLIA First class check in

Old Jun 28, 19, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

KUL KLIA First class check in

I have tried to google but could not find the information I requested, so sorry if it has been answered before.

I am flying next week from KUL to SIN with MH in Y. I am a BA gold (Emerald) I will be flying together with my family and we are 7 in total. The others do not have status.

Can I still use the MH First class check in desk for me and the other members?

Do MH have a fast track for elite members flying in Y? If yes, would they let me use the fast track for me and my other family members?
Old Jun 28, 19, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz View Post
I have tried to google but could not find the information I requested, so sorry if it has been answered before.

I am flying next week from KUL to SIN with MH in Y. I am a BA gold (Emerald) I will be flying together with my family and we are 7 in total. The others do not have status.

Can I still use the MH First class check in desk for me and the other members?

Do MH have a fast track for elite members flying in Y? If yes, would they let me use the fast track for me and my other family members?
Of course you can go to the Platinum Desk (that’s what MH calls their highest tier) to check everyone in.

Old Jun 28, 19, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Of course you can go to the Platinum Desk (that’s what MH calls their highest tier) to check everyone in.

Thank you. What about fast track at security? Do they have a special lane for Platinum / OneWorld? And can I bring everybody there?
Old Jun 29, 19, 6:05 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz View Post

Thank you. What about fast track at security? Do they have a special lane for Platinum / OneWorld? And can I bring everybody there?
No priority security.
DiamondMile and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 5:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post

No priority security.

To resurrect an old thread. Have not been through KUL in some time. What is the current status of OWE check-in since not more First Class?

Also, I could have sworn there used to be fast track for FIrst/OWE that clearly had the OWE symbol, maybe that was/still is just for immigration and the first security check but not how it works at the second gate security?

Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 19, 6:11 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD View Post
To resurrect an old thread. Have not been through KUL in some time. What is the current status of OWE check-in since not more First Class?

Also, I could have sworn there used to be fast track for FIrst/OWE that clearly had the OWE symbol, maybe that was/still is just for immigration and the first security check but not how it works at the second gate security?

Thanks!
You check in at the Business/Business Suites counter. There is only fast track immigration on arrival. There is no fast track security at the gate that I have seen.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 7:51 am

There are priority-only lanes for Suites / J passengers (not status) at ‘departure immigration’ / emigration control as well. Same for a separate ‘pre-security’ check, right after the departure immigration desks - priority customers can go to the left, everyone else goes to the right.

Priority screening when security check is at the gate does not make sense. Pretty sure not even Singapore does it...

[Edited for clarity on Suites / J priority only.]
DiamondMile likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; Dec 26, 19 at 3:56 pm
Old Dec 26, 19, 8:58 am

Programs: MH Gold / OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by crackjack View Post
Priority screening when security check is at the gate does not make sense. Pretty sure not even Singapore does it...
Singapore doesn't do it for MH, but they do do it for some airlines (e.g. QR, AF, KL).
Old Dec 26, 19, 9:09 am

Interesting... Changi can arrange it for other airlines, and SQ will avail the (not-at-gate) priority screening services at other airports, but SQ doesn’t do it at Changi? They expect all F passengers to use the VIP terminal or something?
Old Dec 26, 19, 9:17 am
Suspended

There are priority-only lanes at ‘departure immigration’ / emigration control as well. Also, a separate ‘pre-security’ check, right after the departure immigration desks - priority customers can go to the left, everyone else goes to the right.
Thanks, this is what I remember. Is it now the same priority lanes for OWE and OWS? Maybe I am misremembering that when MH still had first class that there were separate lanes for First/OWE?

I always remember individual gate security at KUL being the same for everyone (e.g. no priority lane).
Old Dec 26, 19, 10:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Even though official First Class is gone, they do still maintain the Platinum/First/Emerald check-in area at KLIA. For passport control, you do have the First/Business class counters, but for security, since it is at the gate, there's no special lanes for status/non-Y class pax. Only during boarding is there such a separation again.

Cheers!
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 3:59 pm

Sorry, should’ve been clearer... exactly what nldogbert said: priority is for Business Suites / J passengers only, not based on status. The officers will usually check your boarding pass to confirm.
Old Dec 26, 19, 9:17 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Sorry, should’ve been clearer... exactly what nldogbert said: priority is for Business Suites / J passengers only, not based on status. The officers will usually check your boarding pass to confirm.
Foreigners who can't use the e-gates should be given an orange priority immigration slip at check-in.
It's a mandated Oneworld benefit for Emeralds - fast-track immigration where the airline offers it to J/F pax.
Old Dec 27, 19, 8:42 am

Does MH indeed give out such orange tags to OWEs / Enrich Platinum holders at KLIA?

I’m pretty sure I did not the last time I went through - though it wasn’t such a big deal, my experiences at KL immigration recently have been surprisingly pleasant & quick. (Of course, I’m sure it gets downright crazy when it gets bad...)
Old Dec 27, 19, 9:32 am

Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Does MH indeed give out such orange tags to OWEs / Enrich Platinum holders at KLIA?

I’m pretty sure I did not the last time I went through - though it wasn’t such a big deal, my experiences at KL immigration recently have been surprisingly pleasant & quick. (Of course, I’m sure it gets downright crazy when it gets bad...)
Maybe you are lucky when u landed at a non peak period? It is a mess depending on immigration mood.

I remember once they went full retard and required ALL pax to go through scanner before they exit into arrival hall which mean super long queue

I was given priority pass paper on my flight to KUL but I did not use it as the local e-gate lines were empty and actual priority lane were jam packed lol. Heck even the whole flights luaggages was rolling around the baggage collection area but no pax in sight as all were stuck in immigration (flight were filled with not much locals).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: