Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Better shower facilities: MH first (business suite) lounge or PP first lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

Hey all,

So I have a 5ish hour layover in KUL tonight coming in on a MH J flight and leaving on a Qatar J flight. Since I’m a OWE I’ll have access to the MH F lounge, and since I’m flying QR J I’ll also have access to the PP First lounge. I plan to spend time in both and also am planning on taking a quick shower, which I obviously won’t do at both haha. So I was wondering, in you guys’ opinions, which of the two had better shower facilities? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
No experience.

But I would prefer PP First. At the minimum, PP First is new.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I have no experience with the PP lounge, but always find the MH F lounge a perfectly nice place to be. Quiet, pretty good food and drinks.

It might just be me but I would always pick an airline’s own (flagship) lounge over a third party, paid entry one.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
My experience with the MH F showers is that they’re fine, but strangely inside the toilet area, and they don’t change the floor mats between people.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks all for your replies. At the MH F lounge now (probs gonna head over to PP first in a bit once the QR transfer desk opens). One thing that is surprising is that it’s about 10:55pm now and there’s over a 40 minute wait for a shower here. I’ve never experienced a wait for a shower at a F lounge. Guess I’ll have to use the PP first facilities.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:57 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If it’s anything like the Hong Kong Plaza Premium First, there’s a wait there too....
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Showered at the MH F lounge, not bad, but the shampoo was the same stuff as the body wash, and the slatted doors don’t allow as much privacy as one should have in a shower. But now I’m in the PP F lounge and it’s tiny and frankly not nearly as nice as the MH F lounge. I guess there’s a la carte dining, but aside from that it’s no different than any run of the mill 3rd party J lounge with pretty indifferent service, while the folks at the MH F lounge we’re amazingly friendly
Tokyoite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.