KUL SIN flight switch

Old May 20, 2019, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
KUL SIN flight switch

Missus and I are ending our holiday in KUL and she is to return to HKG while I depart for SIN.

MH78 to HKG departs at 19:50 while there is no flight to SIN until MH609 at 23:05. Is there possibility of MH rebooking me onto SQ119 or the later MI flight at 21:45 since they code share the SQ and MI flights?
Old May 20, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Missus and I are ending our holiday in KUL and she is to return to HKG while I depart for SIN.

MH78 to HKG departs at 19:50 while there is no flight to SIN until MH609 at 23:05. Is there possibility of MH rebooking me onto SQ119 or the later MI flight at 21:45 since they code share the SQ and MI flights?
They'll never do this of course since it's not their own flight. Sorry, no chance.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by quinzinho
They'll never do this of course since it's not their own flight. Sorry, no chance.
They might ... but it depends on what kind of fare the OP purchased and whether the rules allow travel on codeshare services. I would suggest that if he can the OP should try to change his booking online and see what options are available, or if that is not possible then call the entity that issued the ticket.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by minz56
They might ... but it depends on what kind of fare the OP purchased and whether the rules allow travel on codeshare services. I would suggest that if he can the OP should try to change his booking online and see what options are available, or if that is not possible then call the entity that issued the ticket.
it is a Z class business fare. KUL SIN was unique years ago as they treated it like a shuttle and SQ and MH have reciprocal arrangement to allow pax to go show on the earliest flight.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold

it is a Z class business fare. KUL SIN was unique years ago as they treated it like a shuttle and SQ and MH have reciprocal arrangement to allow pax to go show on the earliest flight.
according to my post
Any chances for go show in KUL?

seems after feb 2019, policy changed. Go-show becomes harder.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: NZ

OK, then you are probably restricted to flights operated by MH
Old May 21, 2019, 6:58 am

Sharing my failed attempt to get on SQ/MI flight:
I was travelling KCH-KUL-SIN in early Feb. I was supposed to be on MH607 but theres a delay for KCH-KUL and hence I was rescheduled on MH609.

Once I landed in KUL, I checked EF and it showed that theres still seats for SQ and MI operated (and coded) flights, but the MH-codeshare for these flights (ie SQ and MI operated but MH coded) were all zero.

I tried asking at both main terminals transfer desk and satellite terminals transfer desk and they all said it cant be done.

If these info matter: Im a OWS flying in J (Z class booking) without checked baggage.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:37 am

Sad to see go-shows becoming less of an option... though, I thought this was determined by each fare's T&C's before as well?

[Off-topic]I am not sure MH does MH-coded BC bookings on the SQ/MI flights anymore? There used to be this option a few years ago, circa 2015, but it appears this arrangement is now focused on Y.

Perhaps someone w a EF Premium account can help validate... happy to be shown otherwise, as certain MI flights make for much better connections.

Last edited by crackjack; May 21, 2019 at 7:48 am
Old May 21, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by crackjack
Sad to see go-shows becoming less of an option... though, I thought this was determined by each fare's T&C's before as well?

[Off-topic]I am not sure MH does MH-coded BC bookings on the SQ/MI flights anymore? There used to be this option a few years ago, circa 2015, but it appears this arrangement is now focused on Y.
Yes, they do available during 2 to 5 years back, but usually the code share is priced at ridiculous price. But the MH coded SQ/MI flight and SQ/MI coded MH flight is no longer available for directly online booking.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by crackjack

Perhaps someone w a EF Premium account can help validate... happy to be shown otherwise, as certain MI flights make for much better connections.
Just checked on EF

Even both flight got seat left, you cannot book a flight operated by MI/SQ to SIN if you're coming from a MH flight. code-share is useless lol
All flight show J0 C0 D0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0

MH should really work on a flight after MH607 and before MH609, better let pax catch MRT or bus.
MH609 is only available for those who is willing to pay for taxi/grab/hotel shuttle/someone can pick up from airport lol

[off topic]
SIN is a really bad airport in terms of red eyed arrival
[/off topic]
crackjack likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:49 pm

I had a Z class the other day for KUL-SIN... the person at the ticketing counter checked and said its a business promo fare and would cost me a rather hefty change fee to move to an earlier flight. Tried again at the lounge and got the same response. I refused.

Which is silly because the earlier flight was rather empty in business class. Plus because now I had to spend longer time at the lounge, it was actually more expensive to MH due to the many more glasses of champagne I had drunk!
Old May 22, 2019, 12:11 am

What Im really missing is a late night SIN-KUL - MH645 at 2345 was always a favorite. 😊
I could never leave the Singapore office at 530pm 😞
Old May 22, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: Enrich
If you can reach Changi T2 by 845pm and don't have check in luggage, now you can directly go into departure area with printed boarding pass. You no longer required to verify the printed boarding pass since 15 April 2019.

I think this is one of the best deal MH has been done with Changi so far this year.
SirToby and crackjack like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by dici
If you can reach Changi T2 by 845pm and don't have check in luggage, now you can directly go into departure area with printed boarding pass. You no longer required to verify the printed boarding pass since 15 April 2019.

I think this is one of the best deal MH has been done with Changi so far this year.
hope they can support apple wallet
Old May 22, 2019, 11:39 pm

How did this work out for you?

I think you would be lucky if they did it for no extra cost, but I'm still interested to know if you managed to get it sorted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.