Phnom Penh checkin

Old Apr 9, 19, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Phnom Penh checkin

Does anyone know if the checkin opens 2 or 3 hours before departure

i had assumed 3 until I read on another thread that at some places where they use the 737 they only open 2 hours before departure. Seem odd as usually for most international flights it is 3 hours or more
Old Apr 9, 19, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
Does anyone know if the checkin opens 2 or 3 hours before departure

i had assumed 3 until I read on another thread that at some places where they use the 737 they only open 2 hours before departure. Seem odd as usually for most international flights it is 3 hours or more
It's 2 hours and since PNH tends to be a busy airport nowadays, the MH serving staff can only set camp, after the previous airline closed check-in.

The airport is even that busy, that the departure monitors do not show the check-in desks long upfront.

Though you can ask at the airport information desk (between international and "domestic" departures. They know longer upfront which check-in desks will be assigned to MH, giving you the option to set camp to be the first to do check-in. Don't forget to ask, which desk is assigned J class, if that's relevant for you.

When you did do online check-in, there is a dedicated desk to drop-off your luggage. It's marked, though only in small writing. Usually, it's the J Desk.

This info is less than 5 weeks old.
Old Apr 10, 19, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks, am flying business class

A bit of a pain was hoping to arrive early and kill time in the comfort of the lounge
Old Apr 11, 19, 8:30 am

And to add to the misery, if you have no luggage to check-in but have the mobile boarding pass or self-print boarding pass which MH offers via its website/ app; these are not acceptable by the airport authorities and you still need to get those actual physical paper boarding pass issued by the airline.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Not a problem. Do not have a mobile so can not check in on line