Wiki Posts
Search

Check in a bag airside @ KLIA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Check in a bag airside @ KLIA?

So, er... may have goofed a bit.

I'm flying into KLIA *on a J international flight*, and was planning on taking an MH Y flight out 1.5hrs later.

I had planned to do 2x carry-on baggage only (check-in not feasible multiple other tickets), but realised that I'd have a hard time pulling that off in Y on that final, separate ticket.

Is there any way to 'gate-check' an extra hand-carry bag airside at the International Terminal? I know the transit desk will help manage for already-checked bags, can they handle carry-on bags as well?

I believe my ticket is still changeable, but thought I'd check options first!

Last edited by crackjack; Apr 8, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Not quite sure I follow - how did you end up with an "extra" bag on the last sector & if you could bring it on the airplane before your MH Y flight, why can't you bring it onboard your MH flight?

Are you transferring from J to Y class on the last sector?
MH has always been pretty lax with cabin baggage, you can bring multiple pieces even in Y as long as it's not one giant suitcase & as long as it fits in the overhead compartments.

Would be easier if you just listed your routing - random & vague questions like this with no background info. makes it hard for others to help.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I think I edited my duplicate post to make it clearer arrival was a J ticket... but then seem to have 'fixed' it again by asking the mod to delete it instead of this post.

So yes, incoming flight is EK 342 into KL at 9:40pm, with a plan to transit to the late night SIN flight (MH609).

Again, can't check bags in even with EK, so was hoping to hand-carry... but might need to adjust things otherwise.

Or, I guess I could do the morning MH flight, and book a room at the Tune hotel...

Last edited by crackjack; Apr 8, 2019 at 10:54 pm
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:35 pm

You should just bring both cabin luggages to the gate. If they allow it, then nothing to worry about. If not, then MH may ask you to gate check one of them.
cowie likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both; while I'd prefer to address it in advance, guess I'll just walk to the gate, given there seems no other way to work it. It will be the last flight at the end of a long weekend, so maybe the gate agents will indeed just let it slide , but being forced to check it at the gate itself would be just fine too.
(I do plan to stuff one bag under the seat in front, so only one bag overhead.)

Last edited by crackjack; Apr 8, 2019 at 11:33 pm
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by crackjack
Sorry, I think I edited my duplicate post to make it clearer arrival was a J ticket... but then seem to have 'fixed' it again by asking the mod to delete it instead of this post.

So yes, incoming flight is EK 342 into KL at 9:40pm, with a plan to transit to the late night SIN flight (MH609).

Again, can't check bags in even with EK, so was hoping to hand-carry... but might need to adjust things otherwise.

Or, I guess I could do the morning MH flight, and book a room at the Tune hotel...
They are quite relax on passenger's carry on going to south east asian region, so don't worry. Unless you are flying to south asia, such as India and Nepal, they are quite strict on these flights because passenger tend to bring over weight, size and number of luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.