Wiki Posts
Search

Can't check in online ex-TPE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Can't check in online ex-TPE

I have a tight connection at TPE, and wanted to use mobile check-in for my TPE-KUL-DPS itinerary on MH

Both the app and webpage are failing the check-in and directing me to check in at the airport but I really won't have time to do so.

Any advice ?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
I have a tight connection at TPE, and wanted to use mobile check-in for my TPE-KUL-DPS itinerary on MH

Both the app and webpage are failing the check-in and directing me to check in at the airport but I really won't have time to do so.

Any advice ?
Are you doing a turnaround?

TPE airport regulations need a physical document check for MH flights. Don’t know why. It has always been like that.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Are you doing a turnaround?

You got me

TPE airport regulations need a physical document check for MH flights. Don’t know why. It has always been like that.
Do you know if this could be done at KUL the previous day (as I am overnighting in KL and could make time to go to the MH ticket desk) ?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:20 pm

OLCI ex TPE is definitely possible - I’ve done many turns there last being 2 weeks ago. You still need to go to the gate to get your home printed boarding pass swapped. Could it be some new requirement? Do let us know how you get on cause I’ve got another one end of next week 😯
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Well, it was a bit of a struggle but eventually sorted.

Had to spend 25 minutes at the Transit Desk at KLIA last night while a determined agent wrestled the system into submission

No reason given for the inability to check in online but it clearly wasn't simple as a supervisor also had to get involved so I will keep my fingers crossed again for a decent agent when I do the same journey in reverse next week !!!

Have to say though all the MH ground staff and cabin crew I've encountered so far have been top notch
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: Enrich
I have kind of similar issue some times last year or two years ago where I even unable to check in using the self check in kiosk. If not mistake if was during the interval where they have some system upgrade.

On side note, last year, I always unable to do mobile check in on my KUL to SIN sector (SIN to KUL is fine). Fortunately I can use my OW statue to use the business class check in to avoid the super long queue in KLIA economy class. Then they fixed the issue sometimes end of last year....
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Erm you can always get the BP at the gate at Tpe. No stress, just a long walk considering MH doesnt want to pay for proper gates.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Erm you can always get the BP at the gate at Tpe. No stress, just a long walk considering MH doesnt want to pay for proper gates.
Not always though - my turn last week was at B5. Since the 332's started operating I've done 4 turns and haven't had a bus gate (yet)
ashkale likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

So, just by way of an update, I am safely back in KL, mission accomplished 😃

BKK - we arrived at the F gates and transit involved a short trot up to the start of the pier, a quick Security visit (2 people ahead of me - if it was 20, you would probably have to push in) and a short trot back on the upper level. Total time: 10 mins. Sweat level: 10%

TPE - we arrived at the B gates and the experience was if anything, even easier than BKK. Slightly shorter walk to transit security, the staff were sitting around on their phones and seemed surpised to see me 😮 Total time: 8 mins. Sweat level: 0%

At no point on either turn did anyone examine my passport (except to match name to BP) and there was absolutely zero interest in where I'd come from, just where I was going...

I have no issues doing this again (just as well as I will be doing the reverse routing next week !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.