FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   MH A332 KULAKL and AKLKUL J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1956082-mh-a332-kulakl-aklkul-j.html)

Microtat Feb 13, 2019 6:15 am

MH A332 KULAKL and AKLKUL J

Hi there. Has anyone taken the KULAKL and vv in J on the A332? There are hardly any reviews of this sector in J..

I am assuming they do supper and breakfast? And more importantly, any seat duvet like similar to their A333?

activistflyer Feb 20, 2019 9:57 pm

I recently flew AKL-KUL on MH's leased ex-Airberlin A330-200. They provide a seat cover and light duvet (which I didn't need in the end because the cabin was warm without personal air vents) in J class. Meal service started with satay, a supper main course and dessert. A full breakfast was served about 2 and a half hours before arrival. I sat in 2A, which is the first row aisle - not a great seat as the curtains used on the A330-200 are thin and on the overnight, the bright galley lights can be annoying unless you use the eye shades. It's also subject to quite a bit of galley noise.

Microtat Feb 25, 2019 6:55 am

Thank you, nice to know they offer seat covers.. there are hardly any reviews of this flight in J, so very curious what’s the difference between the 332 and 333 as previously used.

I can only hope for the correct 332 to show up so that i get the window instead of aisle seat..

Zawnet Feb 25, 2019 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Microtat (Post 30819090)
Thank you, nice to know they offer seat covers.. there are hardly any reviews of this flight in J, so very curious what’s the difference between the 332 and 333 as previously used.

I can only hope for the correct 332 to show up so that i get the window instead of aisle seat..

I think the “correct” 332 seat configuration in J will be the ones fitted with the older J seat-product whilst the new seat product ones are those labelled incorrectly where, as you may have suggested, the window seat (an “A” seat, for e.g.) is actually a closer-to-the-aisle seat!

TGflyergirl Feb 25, 2019 12:07 pm

I’ve flown 4 of the 6 birds - once I’ve flown all 6 I’ll try to write up a guide.

For now MTX/W and V have the older style seat with the dome light. On these 3 - 2A and 2K are real “windows” but those 2 seats are terribly exposed. Also don’t like the seat much. No place to keep stuff.

MTZ - has the newer version without the dome light, and 2K doesn’t exist. It’s 2H/3K and so forth. This version is quite a bit better with more storage.

No idea about MTU/Y - I’ll find out eventuality. Thing is you won’t know until the day as they don’t change seatmaps to suit the actual plane flying.

Zawnet Feb 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 30820363)
I’ve flown 4 of the 6 birds - once I’ve flown all 6 I’ll try to write up a guide.

For now MTX/W and V have the older style seat with the dome light. On these 3 - 2A and 2K are real “windows” but those 2 seats are terribly exposed. Also don’t like the seat much. No place to keep stuff.

MTZ - has the newer version without the dome light, and 2K doesn’t exist. It’s 2H/3K and so forth. This version is quite a bit better with more storage.

No idea about MTU/Y - I’ll find out eventuality. Thing is you won’t know until the day as they don’t change seatmaps to suit the actual plane flying.

Thanks for the intelligence and insights.
I can confirm that -MTU has the old seat product and layout, with that UFO-ish light at the seat.

I flew on -MTZ about a couple of weeks ago and was actually seated in 2K - an aisle seat! There was no 2H and the seat was labeled as 2K - although I could see that the label, placed at the edge of the overhead bin above the seat, was a paper one behind a clear plastic cover, almost like a hastily printed and laminated label and one could see that it hides another numbering label below it. Perhaps the original seat label was 2H?

Given the two distinct configurations, I can see MH trying to be consistent with the seat numbering although one will never know if the allocated aisle/ window seat is really what it is until one knows the actual operating aircraft.

Microtat Feb 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Think MH really did something about their seats renumbering.. i flown MTZ twice (aug and last week).. There was alot of confusion on my first ride as we those who have ‘x K’ gets a ‘x H’ and vv..

it was different last week, every seat was labelled correctly. However, seat map during seat selection showed the config with 2K being the window ( old config i guess as per above) I guess with 2 config, the only real issue is i thought i chose a ‘window’ seat when he/she gets on the plane...

TGflyergirl Feb 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet (Post 30821047)

Thanks for the intelligence and insights.
I can confirm that -MTU has the old seat product and layout, with that UFO-ish light at the seat.

I flew on -MTZ about a couple of weeks ago and was actually seated in 2K - an aisle seat! There was no 2H and the seat was labeled as 2K - although I could see that the label, placed at the edge of the overhead bin above the seat, was a paper one behind a clear plastic cover, almost like a hastily printed and laminated label and one could see that it hides another numbering label below it. Perhaps the original seat label was 2H?

Given the two distinct configurations, I can see MH trying to be consistent with the seat numbering although one will never know if the allocated aisle/ window seat is really what it is until one knows the actual operating aircraft.

thanks for the info point. Looks like there are more UFO old seat birds than new ones hence the default seat layout on the map shows the majority. Might even be 5-1 once we get a read on MTY.

TGflyergirl Feb 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Microtat (Post 30821295)
Think MH really did something about their seats renumbering.. i flown MTZ twice (aug and last week).. There was alot of confusion on my first ride as we those who have ‘x K’ gets a ‘x H’ and vv..

it was different last week, every seat was labelled correctly. However, seat map during seat selection showed the config with 2K being the window ( old config i guess as per above) I guess with 2 config, the only real issue is i thought i chose a ‘window’ seat when he/she gets on the plane...

do you remember the registration of the plane you flew last week ?

Microtat Feb 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 30821322)

do you remember the registration of the plane you flew last week ?

yup, it was MTZ.. both times on MTZ, hence i see the positive change brought about by the seat relabeling in the cabin..

i have 2 more 332 flights this weekend, will report back if i get on others besides MTZ.

Zawnet Feb 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Microtat (Post 30821348)

yup, it was MTZ.. both times on MTZ, hence i see the positive change brought about by the seat relabeling in the cabin..

i have 2 more 332 flights this weekend, will report back if i get on others besides MTZ.

Yes, I guess there is no confusion now with the consistent seat numbering across the sub-fleet but there may be disappointments when the expected private window seat morphs into a fully exposed aisle seat on -MTZ (and perhaps -MTY - tbc)

activistflyer Feb 26, 2019 2:44 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 30820363)

No idea about MTU/Y - I’ll find out eventuality.

I was on MTY between AKL and KUL. 2A and 2K were both aisle seats.

TGflyergirl Feb 26, 2019 3:12 am

Originally Posted by activistflyer (Post 30822663)
I was on MTY between AKL and KUL. 2A and 2K were both aisle seats.

Excellent - great to know there's enough passenger experiences out there to piece the puzzle together!

Microtat Feb 26, 2019 3:49 am

So to summarise the Ex AB A332 J cabin seats;
seat 2K on MTY MTZ are aisle seats, and
seat 2K on MTU MTV MTW MTX are window seats

MTU MTV MTW MTX have seats labelled correctly.
Correct seat map - reflects the correct aisle/window

MTY and MTZ has seats relabelled correctly
Incorrect seat map - does not reflect the correct aisle/window

lastly, show spoiler - no specific aircraft to routes.
Feel free to edit and update as required. Thank you
(Editted)

Zawnet Feb 26, 2019 7:37 am

Let me try to correct this (but it can be very confusing).

-MTU, V, W, X have the old seat products and are numbered / labeled normally as per seat map. And seats 2A, 4A, 6A are port-side, real window seats and 2K, 4K are starboard-side, real window seats.

- MTZ and -MTY (as per feedback) have the new seat products but are not numbered according to convention - in order to maintain consistency in seat numbering with the other 4 aircraft in the fleet. Hence, the actual physical layout onboard differs from seat-map. Seats 2A, 4A, 6A are aisle seats on the port-side with 3C, 5C real window seats on the port side. On the starboard side, actual aisle seats are 2K and 4K, with 3H and 5H being the actual window seats!

TGflyergirl Feb 26, 2019 8:33 am

Zawnet has it correct I think.

4 birds with UFO dome, and seat numbers conforming to the generic seatmap published. 2A/K real windows. 9M-MTU,V,W,X
2 birds with newer layout, no UFO dome, seat numbers not conforming to the generic map. 2A/K are actually aisle side seats. 9M-MTY,Z

Personally, i do not like the 4 older birds. I sat in 2K on MTV over the weekend and I felt exposed where my legs were. There's very little storage area and it feels somewhat cramped at the armrest area.

The 2 newer birds (of which IMHO 3 "H" is the winning seat) have proper tables to put your stuff and it just feels that bit more spacious.

gary_nj Jun 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Just a quick bump to let people know that the dual configuration of the MH 332 planes on the AKL route continues. I flew ship -MTW and it was as shown in the seat map... 4A and 4K were both window seats. On ship -MTY, seat 4K was the exposed seat on the aisle. The aircraft itself had the seat labeled as "4K Aisle" which is correct, but this was different from what is shown on the seat maps.

I guess the one piece of good news is that for the return flight AKL-KUL, you can check out flightradar24 or some site to see which ship is making the outbound journey and get a little bit of advance notice. But it seems as though this problem with the seat maps is not going to get fixed any time soon.

Ausriver Jan 19, 2020 5:51 am

Which seats are best for sleeping?

I have a trip coming up in one of those 332 bird, MH387, a mid night 2:15 departure flight. I think I would be sleeping the entire flight...which seats would be safely away from aisle?

poopbunny Jan 19, 2020 1:08 pm

I look forward to my MH flights vs NZ ones (usually with dread).

Although not as good as the A333 that use to ply this route, the staggered 1-2-1 config is superior to the NZ "milking stalls". Even the aisle seats seem more private than any NZ J seat. If I had to complain, the ex-Air Berlin planes lack storage.

There's a blanket and seat liner but not as thick as NZ. I slept fine.

The food is much better than NZ and sometimes QF. Beef/lamb fillet is common, satay is always enjoyable, meals come properly plated (vs NZ's porcelain Y plating) and being a champagne fan, they usually have a Rose champagne and I've had a few flights now where vintage Tattinger Comte Blanc de blanc was served.

All this for about half the price of most NZ fares, I thought was a good deal.

Zawnet Jan 19, 2020 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver (Post 31968740)
Which seats are best for sleeping?

I have a trip coming up in one of those 332 bird, MH387, a mid night 2:15 departure flight. I think I would be sleeping the entire flight...which seats would be safely away from aisle?

This is a tricky one. See the other thread about ex Air Berlin 332s. Presumably, you would be travelling in biz class.
In your case, you would know the registration of the operating inbound aircraft (and hence, actual layout) - which gives you some 6hrs to make changes if necessary - assuming seats are still vacant.

Ausriver Jan 20, 2020 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Zawnet (Post 31971141)
This is a tricky one. See the other thread about ex Air Berlin 332s. Presumably, you would be travelling in biz class.
In your case, you would know the registration of the operating inbound aircraft (and hence, actual layout) - which gives you some 6hrs to make changes if necessary - assuming seats are still vacant.

Thanks....