Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Enrich
Oneworld Status

Hi, I am based in Malaysia and would regularly fly with MH. If I am on Silver (BAEC) / Sapphire (oneworld), are there any benefits in trying to hit Silver on Enrich? Are there any advantages/benefits that I would get from being Silver in Enrich which I would not get as a Sapphire (oneworld)?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:21 pm

Enrich Silver is not the equivalent of OW Sapphire as that would be Enrich Gold. Enrich Silver is essentially OW Ruby.

So the answer to your question is None.

However, you could be earning miles/ tiers on Enrich for the cheaper MH fares which you would not if using other OW airlines’ FFP.
charlie1092 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlie1092
Hi, I am based in Malaysia and would regularly fly with MH. If I am on Silver (BAEC) / Sapphire (oneworld), are there any benefits in trying to hit Silver on Enrich? Are there any advantages/benefits that I would get from being Silver in Enrich which I would not get as a Sapphire (oneworld)?
As above
OW Sapphire = BAEC Silver
OW Ruby = MH Silver
https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits
OW Sapphire gets lounge access: a good benefit

Sometimes status on your home airline gets additional benefits or service (can be unpublished). But for lowest status tier would not be expecting anything.

As above on low priced fares ff earning can vary.

Having multiple ffp’s with low balances is never a good idea. You may never get enough ff miles/points to be of use before they expire. Adding frequent miles in a ff program that you can use, are worth more than ff miles in an orphan ffp that you will never use, even if the earning rate is nominally better. FFP’s are for the short to medium term. Now ffp’s are not for the long term. However at times it makes sense to have a ff membership with an airline in another alliance. (e.g. Oneworld & Star)

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.
charlie1092 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:57 pm

The only challenge about wanting to retain BA Silver is you need to fly 4 “BA qualifying flights” a year which, from Malaysia, means KUL-LHR-[any European city] return. Or get yourself down to Singapore for additional option of SIN-SYD-[any Australian city] return if you don’t wish to fly that far.
charlie1092 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
I would recommend it would be better if you get at least OW Sapphire tier instead of Ruby.

Most of the better benefit between OW would be in Sapphire.
charlie1092 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the clarification, appreciate it.

The reason I'm considering maintaining both is because if I am Enrich Silver I get to reserve seats on MH flights during booking on MH website, a feature which is not accorded to me by OW Sapphire/BAEC. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by charlie1092
Thanks all for the clarification, appreciate it.

The reason I'm considering maintaining both is because if I am Enrich Silver I get to reserve seats on MH flights during booking on MH website, a feature which is not accorded to me by OW Sapphire/BAEC. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
There isn't any free seat reserve for Enrich elite (it used to but ex-CEO scrap it), so I won't see the benefit. The only benefit is if you are BA bronze (or OW Ruby), then Enrich Silver gives you priority boarding on any MH operated flight, while other OW FF requires the OW Sapphire status to get the boarding priority for MH operated flights
cyktai and charlie1092 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dici
There isn't any free seat reserve for Enrich elite (it used to but ex-CEO scrap it), so I won't see the benefit. The only benefit is if you are BA bronze (or OW Ruby), then Enrich Silver gives you priority boarding on any MH operated flight, while other OW FF requires the OW Sapphire status to get the boarding priority for MH operated flights
Ah then the website is misleading.. it says with MH silver you get "Access to preferred or pre reserved seating."

Also, based on my personal experience, a friend who had MH Silver travelling on the same flight could see more seat options (24/48 hours prior to flight) compared to me on MH Blue. Not sure if it's because of the fact that she was MH Silver.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by dici
There is still free seat reserve available of generic seats for Enrich elite but likely for those with gold or higher status. However, certain so-called preferred or extra legroom seats come with a fee, even for Enrich elites.
charlie1092 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.