Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH A332 KULAKL and AKLKUL J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:33 am

Zawnet has it correct I think.

4 birds with UFO dome, and seat numbers conforming to the generic seatmap published. 2A/K real windows. 9M-MTU,V,W,X
2 birds with newer layout, no UFO dome, seat numbers not conforming to the generic map. 2A/K are actually aisle side seats. 9M-MTY,Z

Personally, i do not like the 4 older birds. I sat in 2K on MTV over the weekend and I felt exposed where my legs were. There's very little storage area and it feels somewhat cramped at the armrest area.

The 2 newer birds (of which IMHO 3 "H" is the winning seat) have proper tables to put your stuff and it just feels that bit more spacious.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Just a quick bump to let people know that the dual configuration of the MH 332 planes on the AKL route continues. I flew ship -MTW and it was as shown in the seat map... 4A and 4K were both window seats. On ship -MTY, seat 4K was the exposed seat on the aisle. The aircraft itself had the seat labeled as "4K Aisle" which is correct, but this was different from what is shown on the seat maps.

I guess the one piece of good news is that for the return flight AKL-KUL, you can check out flightradar24 or some site to see which ship is making the outbound journey and get a little bit of advance notice. But it seems as though this problem with the seat maps is not going to get fixed any time soon.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Which seats are best for sleeping?

I have a trip coming up in one of those 332 bird, MH387, a mid night 2:15 departure flight. I think I would be sleeping the entire flight...which seats would be safely away from aisle?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:08 pm

I look forward to my MH flights vs NZ ones (usually with dread).

Although not as good as the A333 that use to ply this route, the staggered 1-2-1 config is superior to the NZ "milking stalls". Even the aisle seats seem more private than any NZ J seat. If I had to complain, the ex-Air Berlin planes lack storage.

There's a blanket and seat liner but not as thick as NZ. I slept fine.

The food is much better than NZ and sometimes QF. Beef/lamb fillet is common, satay is always enjoyable, meals come properly plated (vs NZ's porcelain Y plating) and being a champagne fan, they usually have a Rose champagne and I've had a few flights now where vintage Tattinger Comte Blanc de blanc was served.

All this for about half the price of most NZ fares, I thought was a good deal.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Which seats are best for sleeping?

I have a trip coming up in one of those 332 bird, MH387, a mid night 2:15 departure flight. I think I would be sleeping the entire flight...which seats would be safely away from aisle?
This is a tricky one. See the other thread about ex Air Berlin 332s. Presumably, you would be travelling in biz class.
In your case, you would know the registration of the operating inbound aircraft (and hence, actual layout) - which gives you some 6hrs to make changes if necessary - assuming seats are still vacant.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Zawnet
This is a tricky one. See the other thread about ex Air Berlin 332s. Presumably, you would be travelling in biz class.
In your case, you would know the registration of the operating inbound aircraft (and hence, actual layout) - which gives you some 6hrs to make changes if necessary - assuming seats are still vacant.

Thanks....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.