Search

Best use of MH Enrich miles for value?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold

New to MH and bought the 3X EQM deal NRT-KUL-LHR-KUL-NRT ticket in biz last year. Just flew and now have over 100K miles. Can someone advise a few good ways to get best value? No rush to spend as have plenty with many airlines.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:14 pm

The Enrich redemption rates are dynamic, 100k would be typically good for 2 x Return Econ tickets to North Asia i.e. Hong Kong, Shanghai

Another way to cut it, the way I normally do is put an estimate to the total amount of miles. RM0.03 cent per mile would value 100k miles at around MYR3,000 worth of flights you could possibly redeem.

However do note that redemptions can only be made against higher fare classes i.e. MH Smart Econ Class and D Class above
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by talfred
The Enrich redemption rates are dynamic, 100k would be typically good for 2 x Return Econ tickets to North Asia i.e. Hong Kong, Shanghai

Another way to cut it, the way I normally do is put an estimate to the total amount of miles. RM0.03 cent per mile would value 100k miles at around MYR3,000 worth of flights you could possibly redeem.

However do note that redemptions can only be made against higher fare classes i.e. MH Smart Econ Class and D Class above
Thanks- I usually fly biz except to the islands. Not much value though- looks like a copy of Delta "Skypesos." I was more hoping for Star Alliance values.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: NZ
The Partner award chart (https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...alliances.html) is not too bad if you are travelling on a return basis though realistically you need at least 125,000 miles to get a semi-decent J class return flight,.

Alternatively you could do one way SIN/DXB in Emirates First Class for 103,000 miles.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minz56
The Partner award chart (https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...alliances.html) is not too bad if you are travelling on a return basis though realistically you need at least 125,000 miles to get a semi-decent J class return flight,.

Alternatively you could do one way SIN/DXB in Emirates First Class for 103,000 miles.
Got it now- seems EK- F SIN-DXB/SYD/MEL are all good redemptions.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Exclamation Enrich Miles are not redeemable on Emirates First Class?

Before one gets one hopes high, there is a statement in MH partner redemption page as shown below;
"For redemption on Emirates:

Please note that Emirates, Chauffeur-drive service is not applicable for Business Class redemption tickets. Enrich Miles are not redeemable on First Class, only applicable for Economy and Business Class on Emirates."
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I redeemed 3x tickets KUL-HKG-KUL for 67K miles return in Y.

Short haul/domestic Malaysia can be good value too.

The rest of the network is a waste of time.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Royal Orchid Program
Mas enrich miles campaign

MAS is currently doing a promotional campaign to purchase Enrich Miles (30% more points with minimum of 1000 Enrich points purchase).

Is it worth to buy the points?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by waile
MAS is currently doing a promotional campaign to purchase Enrich Miles (30% more points with minimum of 1000 Enrich points purchase).

Is it worth to buy the points?
The value of a mile is too transparent.

Look at the cost to buy a mile...~3c usd
Look at the value each mile provides for redemption. Less than ~1c usd.

Not worth buying miles.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:17 pm

How about redeeming Enrich Miles for Etihad First class, is that allowed?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by lilkid28
How about redeeming Enrich Miles for Etihad First class, is that allowed?
https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...alliances.html

based on website, seems like it is redeemable
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:27 pm

In that case, seems like SIN-AUH-CDG In Etihad F return for just over 300k Enrich miles seem a decent redemption?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by lilkid28
In that case, seems like SIN-AUH-CDG In Etihad F return for just over 300k Enrich miles seem a decent redemption?
Purely from a USD/mile perspective and given that the round trip is ~$7.5k normally (and 8-9k on Emirates), that would be over the generic 2c/mile threshold many consider to be ‘fair value’ (though the threshold is likely much lower now given all the devaluations, especially with Enrich miles).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.