Domestic business lounge KLIA

Reply

Old Feb 7, 19, 6:49 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Posts: 1,106
Domestic business lounge KLIA

I have 6 hour wait at KLIA between my arrival from London and onward domestic flight

I was wondering if I should head straight to the domestic lounge or spend the first few hours in the lounge in the international section. How do the two lounges compare?
amnicoll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 9:45 am
  #2  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Singapore
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Silver ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
Posts: 1,355
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
I have 6 hour wait at KLIA between my arrival from London and onward domestic flight

I was wondering if I should head straight to the domestic lounge or spend the first few hours in the lounge in the international section. How do the two lounges compare?
In short, they donít compare.
Stay as long as possible in the international area and move to domestic maybe in the last 1 or 2 hours.

Globalist


Globalist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 5:34 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,176
Or you can lounge hop since you have so much time to kill. Stay as long a possible in the Satellite lounge. Then to the Main lounge. The to the Domestic lounge. Food offerings should be the same between the latter two.
carrotjuice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 6:15 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: NZ
Posts: 594
If you want an alcoholic drink, stay in the Satellite lounge as they are not available in the Domestic lounge.
minz56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 8:17 pm
  #5  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Malaysia
Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Or you can lounge hop since you have so much time to kill. Stay as long a possible in the Satellite lounge. Then to the Main lounge. The to the Domestic lounge. Food offerings should be the same between the latter two.
Main terminal lounge has a station where they prepare grilled ham/cheese + extras sandwiches. Quite nice.
Main terminal also has double the hot and cold food options compared to the domestic lounge.

Other than that, I agree with the replies in this topic to postpone going to the domestic lounge until the last 1.5 hours before your flight.
quinzinho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 5:21 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Posts: 1,106
Thanks very much as I thought

given there was no premium channel for domestic to Int at KLIA for immigration and most of the counters were unstaffedon Sunday I assume the same applies in the reverse direction and i should allow extra time but no problem anyway as a stretch of the legs will be welcome and I think I can manage the last hour without a drink!!!
amnicoll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:53 am
  #7  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: SQ Gold, MH Gold
Posts: 1,738
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
Thanks very much as I thought

given there was no premium channel for domestic to Int at KLIA for immigration and most of the counters were unstaffedon Sunday I assume the same applies in the reverse direction and i should allow extra time but no problem anyway as a stretch of the legs will be welcome and I think I can manage the last hour without a drink!!!
KLIA can be a giant mess at times. It can be faster to use non-transit immigration and re-enter as a Domestic passenger.
d00t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 5:21 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 958
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
I have 6 hour wait at KLIA between my arrival from London and onward domestic flight

I was wondering if I should head straight to the domestic lounge or spend the first few hours in the lounge in the international section. How do the two lounges compare?
Domestic lounge is pretty poor compared when compared with the international side
SQTraveller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 12:13 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Enrich
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
Thanks very much as I thought

given there was no premium channel for domestic to Int at KLIA for immigration and most of the counters were unstaffedon Sunday I assume the same applies in the reverse direction and i should allow extra time but no problem anyway as a stretch of the legs will be welcome and I think I can manage the last hour without a drink!!!
I would suggest when transit to domestic, first go to the direct transit immigration area to check the crowd. If no crowd, go thru there. If the line is long (more than 8 people), go thru the normal immigration.

But this only applies if you travel in J or above, or you have Malaysia passport. Else, the line for standard immigration counter for Y pax just way too long for all the time


For Malaysian, the fastest way is go thru regular immigration autogate, then to domestic. The new autogate let you pass thru within 10 seconds or so.
dici is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:46 pm
  #10  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Malaysia
Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by dici View Post
I would suggest when transit to domestic, first go to the direct transit immigration area to check the crowd. If no crowd, go thru there. If the line is long (more than 8 people), go thru the normal immigration.

But this only applies if you travel in J or above, or you have Malaysia passport. Else, the line for standard immigration counter for Y pax just way too long for all the time


For Malaysian, the fastest way is go thru regular immigration autogate, then to domestic. The new autogate let you pass thru within 10 seconds or so.
same for foreigners with registered passport. Go through foreigner e-gate and it takes 10 seconds.
quinzinho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 11:01 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Qatar Gold, Sinbad Gold.
Posts: 9
I recently visited the Domestic & Satellite Golden Lounge, the Satellite was superb especially the noodle Bar. However the Domestic had great views of the ramp, if you like that sort of thing.
Loungeabout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 5:37 pm
  #12  
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC DM, GarudaMiles Silver
Posts: 1,448
Honestly, I really like the domestic lounge, even more so over the Regional lounge. Like everything seems well thought out and the views are great. The regional lounge though feels to me like a mess of some sort, I guess I just hate the layout.

I really like the satellite lounges, and the platinum lounge is really not at all that shabby (shame about the loss of the old rooms though).
clubeurope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 19, 4:44 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Posts: 1,106
As an aside I have to say the satellite lounge was hard to find if you did not know where you were going as the signage is very poor and when I mentioned this to the staff they said that many people had commented and that they had reported it to management but nothing has been done

I preferred the CX noodle bars I have used in HK and BKK but the food in both the satellite and regional was good so no complaints there

I am still a child at heart so the the views appeal and will probably divide my time between the satellite and the domestic

Thanks for the input
amnicoll is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: