FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   Domestic business lounge KLIA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1955075-domestic-business-lounge-klia.html)

amnicoll Feb 7, 2019 5:49 am

Domestic business lounge KLIA

I have 6 hour wait at KLIA between my arrival from London and onward domestic flight

I was wondering if I should head straight to the domestic lounge or spend the first few hours in the lounge in the international section. How do the two lounges compare?

Globalist Feb 7, 2019 8:45 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll (Post 30749618)
I have 6 hour wait at KLIA between my arrival from London and onward domestic flight

I was wondering if I should head straight to the domestic lounge or spend the first few hours in the lounge in the international section. How do the two lounges compare?

In short, they don’t compare.
Stay as long as possible in the international area and move to domestic maybe in the last 1 or 2 hours.

Globalist

carrotjuice Feb 7, 2019 4:34 pm

Or you can lounge hop since you have so much time to kill. Stay as long a possible in the Satellite lounge. Then to the Main lounge. The to the Domestic lounge. Food offerings should be the same between the latter two.

minz56 Feb 7, 2019 5:15 pm

If you want an alcoholic drink, stay in the Satellite lounge as they are not available in the Domestic lounge.

quinzinho Feb 7, 2019 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 30751856)
Or you can lounge hop since you have so much time to kill. Stay as long a possible in the Satellite lounge. Then to the Main lounge. The to the Domestic lounge. Food offerings should be the same between the latter two.

Main terminal lounge has a station where they prepare grilled ham/cheese + extras sandwiches. Quite nice.
Main terminal also has double the hot and cold food options compared to the domestic lounge.

Other than that, I agree with the replies in this topic to postpone going to the domestic lounge until the last 1.5 hours before your flight.

amnicoll Feb 8, 2019 4:21 am

Thanks very much as I thought

given there was no premium channel for domestic to Int at KLIA for immigration and most of the counters were unstaffedon Sunday I assume the same applies in the reverse direction and i should allow extra time but no problem anyway as a stretch of the legs will be welcome and I think I can manage the last hour without a drink!!!

d00t Feb 11, 2019 9:53 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll (Post 30753278)

given there was no premium channel for domestic to Int at KLIA for immigration and most of the counters were unstaffedon Sunday I assume the same applies in the reverse direction and i should allow extra time but no problem anyway as a stretch of the legs will be welcome and I think I can manage the last hour without a drink!!!

KLIA can be a giant mess at times. It can be faster to use non-transit immigration and re-enter as a Domestic passenger.

SQTraveller Feb 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll (Post 30749618)

Domestic lounge is pretty poor compared when compared with the international side

dici Feb 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll (Post 30753278)

I would suggest when transit to domestic, first go to the direct transit immigration area to check the crowd. If no crowd, go thru there. If the line is long (more than 8 people), go thru the normal immigration.

But this only applies if you travel in J or above, or you have Malaysia passport. Else, the line for standard immigration counter for Y pax just way too long for all the time

For Malaysian, the fastest way is go thru regular immigration autogate, then to domestic. The new autogate let you pass thru within 10 seconds or so.

quinzinho Feb 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by dici (Post 30767564)
I would suggest when transit to domestic, first go to the direct transit immigration area to check the crowd. If no crowd, go thru there. If the line is long (more than 8 people), go thru the normal immigration.

But this only applies if you travel in J or above, or you have Malaysia passport. Else, the line for standard immigration counter for Y pax just way too long for all the time

For Malaysian, the fastest way is go thru regular immigration autogate, then to domestic. The new autogate let you pass thru within 10 seconds or so.

same for foreigners with registered passport. Go through foreigner e-gate and it takes 10 seconds.

Loungeabout Feb 15, 2019 10:01 am

I recently visited the Domestic & Satellite Golden Lounge, the Satellite was superb especially the noodle Bar. However the Domestic had great views of the ramp, if you like that sort of thing.

clubeurope Feb 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Honestly, I really like the domestic lounge, even more so over the Regional lounge. Like everything seems well thought out and the views are great. The regional lounge though feels to me like a mess of some sort, I guess I just hate the layout.

I really like the satellite lounges, and the platinum lounge is really not at all that shabby (shame about the loss of the old rooms though).

amnicoll Feb 16, 2019 3:44 am

As an aside I have to say the satellite lounge was hard to find if you did not know where you were going as the signage is very poor and when I mentioned this to the staff they said that many people had commented and that they had reported it to management but nothing has been done

I preferred the CX noodle bars I have used in HK and BKK but the food in both the satellite and regional was good so no complaints there

I am still a child at heart so the the views appeal and will probably divide my time between the satellite and the domestic

Thanks for the input