Wiki Posts
Search

Business suite offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Business suite offer

Just been emailed by MAS offering 10% discount on business suite.

unfortunately it is exclusively for corporate and industry leaders so my money ain't good enough.

still as a leisure traveler I am for the time being allowed to travel in the business class

you would have thought that MAS marketing people would have access to a data base and be able to target these people directly or perhaps give more thought to their marketing materials
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:43 am

I’m sure your money is good enough. All it is is a discount code : corporateleaders

I guess anyone can use it
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:58 am
Original Poster

I am sure they would not turn down money but their marketing people need to think more carefully. It is fine to promote the Business suite as one suitable for corporate and industry leaders but to say in the email that the offer is exclusively for them and thus implying I am not able to avail myself is another.

i do not know what it is with airline marketing but MAS is not alone in poor communication.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Mine was sent "Dear Esteemed Enrich Member"

a) don't know my name?
b) email address it was sent to IS NOT in my Enrich profile, yet I'm being addressed as an Enrich member (?)
c) corporate industry mentioned in email (?)
d) business suites are first class....but at a lower price point - and now they're discounting fares AGAIN (??)
e) where's the emotional connection with decent imagery?
f) poorly worded and comes across as spamy as ....
g) how many corporates book via airline site directly, compared to corp travel agents?

A bunch of foreigners left MH recently and this type of disparate marketing highlights the desperation MH must be facing.
ashkale likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:36 pm

This is such shameful, disjointed marketing...
ashkale likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:49 am
Original Poster

This is what MAS said in response when I queried this.

"The promotion is actually not just exclusive to Corporate Leaders but also to a selected segment of our frequent flyers with the highest traveling frequency. I must also humbly clarify that not all Enrich members received the email you received. Customers like you, who received this promotion code were specially and specifically segmented based on your travels performed with Malaysia Airlines."

I am retired and travel for leisure in business class. When this was sent I had made precisely 1 trip from London to Phnom Penh out only in business class with MAS and had not even flown the return segment - flattery or what

Mind you as I said MAS are not alone in the airline industry in the thought given to their marketing communications
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:46 am

MH's response actually made me LOL.

Even if they are trying to deploy flattery, seriously, why would they tell someone that he or she has been "specially and specifically segmented'? LOL again!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: SQ/CX
Originally Posted by amnicoll
This is what MAS said in response when I queried this.

"The promotion is actually not just exclusive to Corporate Leaders but also to a selected segment of our frequent flyers with the highest traveling frequency. I must also humbly clarify that not all Enrich members received the email you received. Customers like you, who received this promotion code were specially and specifically segmented based on your travels performed with Malaysia Airlines."

I am retired and travel for leisure in business class. When this was sent I had made precisely 1 trip from London to Phnom Penh out only in business class with MAS and had not even flown the return segment - flattery or what

Mind you as I said MAS are not alone in the airline industry in the thought given to their marketing communications
I got the same e-mail as well, and I have not flown with them for the past 2 years.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

There is a saying "when in a hole stop digging" Unfortunately many PR/customer service people just keep digging instead of simply say "Oh dear we got it wrong and are sorry"

Unfortunately "sorry seems to be the hardest word" in the corporate dictionary
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by d00t
Mine was sent "Dear Esteemed Enrich Member"

a) don't know my name?
b) email address it was sent to IS NOT in my Enrich profile, yet I'm being addressed as an Enrich member (?)
c) corporate industry mentioned in email (?)
d) business suites are first class....but at a lower price point - and now they're discounting fares AGAIN (??)
e) where's the emotional connection with decent imagery?
f) poorly worded and comes across as spamy as ....
g) how many corporates book via airline site directly, compared to corp travel agents?

A bunch of foreigners left MH recently and this type of disparate marketing highlights the desperation MH must be facing.
Weird marketing indeed.
But to answer your point g), the trend is for airlines to offer corporate portals to their corporate clients. Many do or will do by the end of the year.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
Weird marketing indeed.
But to answer your point g), the trend is for airlines to offer corporate portals to their corporate clients. Many do or will do by the end of the year.
Why would corporates buy that? They wouldn’t be tied to a particular airline, as no one airline would have full geographic coverage and cheapest price across the board. Hence they would want a corporate portal provided by their TA not a specific airline.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

Why would corporates buy that? They wouldn’t be tied to a particular airline, as no one airline would have full geographic coverage and cheapest price across the board. Hence they would want a corporate portal provided by their TA not a specific airline.
This is a debate beyond the scope of this thread. It is related to airlines charging TA a fee for booking on GDSs. Maybe do a search on NDC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.