Wiki Posts
Search

Chef on call business class to London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Chef on call business class to London

On my flight out from London I enjoyed the lamb shank and would have no hesitation ordering it again but I was wondering if there is any feedback on the other choices of the chef on call. Disappointing that no Malaysian option. The Malaysian food on board my flight from London and in the lounges was also excellent does any know what the options are on MH 002 to London for the normal menu.

I am right I can choose when to eat as will stuff my face in the lounge at KL and then try to sleep so likely to want to eat half way and save some room for breakfast before landing

decisions decisions but as I said elsewhere the food was some of the tastiest I have have had in business and would not like to miss out but tempted to just go with the Malaysian option

some of my friends told me I was mad to choose MAS but based on my outward leg they were wrong

thanks and any tips appreciated
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
On my flight out from London I enjoyed the lamb shank and would have no hesitation ordering it again but I was wondering if there is any feedback on the other choices of the chef on call. Disappointing that no Malaysian option. The Malaysian food on board my flight from London and in the lounges was also excellent does any know what the options are on MH 002 to London for the normal menu.
I am right I can choose when to eat as will stuff my face in the lounge at KL and then try to sleep so likely to want to eat half way and save some room for breakfast before landing
Lounge = Malaysian option always available including noodles.
Inflight = there is always at least 1 Malaysian option on the regular menu.
Chef on Call (CoC) - this menu used to have a lot more options (including Malaysian ones)
(CoC) Beef Rib = average, I think maybe I ate 1/3
(CoC) Cod = was too salty (maybe I was unlucky)
My 2 cents,
- eat what you like at the lounge.
- have the satay entree, (sometimes I go straight to dessert after this)
- seconds, if anything strikes your fancy on the menu, order it, try it. (if I finished my main = I ate too much)

Originally Posted by amnicoll
some of my friends told me I was mad to choose MAS but based on my outward leg they were wrong
No, not mad.
As far as direct flights KUL - LHR, my pick would be MH over BA any day.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
The alternative was Manchester to Bangkok but MAS offered a great deal London to Phnom Penh and back from Kota Bharu, so I bought two trips and hoped. In truth they are good and I was not disappointed and if the price is right would use them again
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:22 pm

MH always have great deals. I have paid 2x on other airlines that came with poorer in-flight dining experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.