Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH Boeing 737 MAX business class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:55 am
Original Poster

MH Boeing 737 MAX business class

Just an update on this: while former MH CEO Peter Bellew talked up flat-beds and potentially direct aisle access for business class on Malaysia Airlines' forthcoming Boeing 737 MAX jets, the airline is now "rethinking" this and weighing up pros and cons of a more conventional recliner vs a lie-flat bed. A split feel (ie a subfleet with lie-flats for longer flights) has not been ruled out although of course efficiencies argue against that.

MH also says the business class seats will be line-fits, and it's to be noted that Thompson Aero's Vantage Solo – a favourite of Bellew and an alleged front-runner in the single-aisle lie-flat stakes – is part of Boeing's 737 MAX line-fit catalog. The MH exec told me they need to inform Boeing by April this year, because the airline's first 737 MAX is due for delivery in early 2020 (there was brief talk of late 2019 but I suspect 2020 is the reality here), so we should expect an announcement from MH on the shape of its 737 MAX business class in March/April.

More at https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...-lie-flat-beds

Last edited by djsflynn; Jan 10, 2019 at 10:14 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Just an update on this: while former MH CEO Peter Bellew talked up flat-beds and potentially direct aisle access for business class on Malaysia Airlines' forthcoming Boeing 737 MAX jets, the airline is now "rethinking" this and weighing up pros and cons of a more conventional recliner vs a lie-flat bed. A split feel (ie a subfleet with lie-flats for longer flights) has not been ruled out although of course efficiencies argue against that.

MH also says the business class seats will be line-fits, and it's to be noted that Thompson Aero's Vantage Solo – a favourite of Bellew and an alleged front-runner in the single-aisle lie-flat stakes – is part of Boeing's 737 MAX line-fit catalog. The MH exec told me they need to inform Boeing by April this year, because the airline's first 737 MAX is due for delivery in early 2020 (there was brief talk of late 2019 but I suspect 2020 is the reality here), so we should expect an announcement from MH on the shape of its 737 MAX business class in March/April.

More at https://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-ai...-lie-flat-beds
ah mate, this is so sad.

was looking forward for these planes
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Enrich
ya sad.... i was looking to tried lie flat bed on 737 max
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
So very very sad indeed.

Sad that a change in management means stripping away what customers want, and instead, going for what's cheapest.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:33 pm

Lie flats would be great
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:12 pm

Good idea IF..

1) Prices don't go up
2) U and Z class availability doesn't go down
3) MHupgrade winning chances don't go down

Still want lie flats if these come to pass? not me thanks. The current arrangement serves a purpose for me - to get to where i want to go fairly quickly and cheaply. If i wanted to pay more, there's SQ nearby with more lie flats than you can poke a stick at.
gordon0808 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:37 am

Hmmm, somewhat related, looks like SIA will be using the same Thomson Aero Vantage product for the to-be-renamed Silkair 737 Max 8 planes:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../jr0119-190211

AusBT claims this will go into all existing 737-800s as well, but doesn't seem to be clear from SIA's presser...
https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...business-class

Still, if SIA does indeed go full flat-bed on its regional flights, it keeps the pressure on MH to show they can do the same!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.