Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH should really learn how to treat Enrich elite member better

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Macro polo Silver, AA platinum

As a Malaysian, normally flying with MH, I thought MH gold was pretty good for me. However, I was completely wrong.
According to MH website, MH gold just has several benefits and most of the benefits are the same as Oneworld sapphire member basic privileges.
Comparing to the other airlines provide extra benefits to their own program elite member, there are several points I am really disappointed.
1.No guarantee seat for MH gold and even MH platinum you can only get guarantee economy IF first class and business class are not available.
2.No special greeting as an MH gold while flying in Economy nor in Business, well done MH treating own elite member as same as a normal member. I mean, I am not DYKWIM person, but at least making something different.
3.No op-up for MH elite member nor on birthday or anniversary, and no bookable upgrade passes. Even the chinchy SQ also provides bookable upgrade pass for their gold elite members as mid-tier benefits.
4. No free seat selection in advance while flying in economy. I know MH gold can pick a seat 72 hours prior but it's same as Oneworld sapphire.
5. Catastrophic redemption rate for award ticket....
6. The worst is yet to come. Since MH had changed the domestic flight economy check-in luggage allowance from 30kg to 20kg, MH gold can only check in 30kg luggage on a domestic flight(as 50%extra based on the normal luggage allowance), however, whereas Oneworld sapphire member can check in 20+15=35kg luggage....
7. Dedicated service call actually is not very helpful, I can book the ticket online by myself, and I won't call MH for chatting. Platinum meet & greet service also dispensable, Platinum members not based in KL won't ask for the service and, seriously? How hard it is to get luggage to the check-in area?

The only hidden gem(an extra benefit than Oneworld basic privileges) that I heard from MH platinum member is MH platinum member can book for first-class lobster gourmet cuisine when flying to/from LHR in Business. However, I won't be able to get MH platinum tier.

Learn something from CX, even CX's elite tier threshold is quite formidable, but CX is really doing the job, caring about their elite members, providing extra benefits like advance seat selection, high op-up chance and bookable upgrade pass, greeting onboard, guarantee seat in advance, extra benefits for gold and diamond members while staying in Mandarin Oriental hotel & four season hotel, and etc...(too many)
Their elite members are still willing to stay with Marco Polo Club.

MH should really learn how to treat own Enrich elite members well, try to make elite members willing to stay with Enrich, not just witlessly reduce the threshold getting gold or platinum tier.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I agree with your message. It's quite funny since about an hour ago I posted in the thread about MH axing First that MH doesn't know anything about premium travelers' needs. Well I guess this is what it is. I'll get to platinum this year (fantastic gem you mentioned, were it not that I hate lobster ..) and will re-qualify in 2019 as well. I'll use the time to scout for an opportunity to status match with a Star Alliance carrier.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Was inspired by your message
I am planning to gather several MH elite members to write "Proposal to enhance Enrich elite members benefits" letter to Enrich's mailbox.
Are you willing to join me?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hahaboy123
I am planning to gather several MH elite members to write "Proposal to enhance Enrich elite members benefits" letter to Enrich's mailbox.
Sure, give me a PM,
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

As a Malaysian, normally flying with MH, I thought MH gold was pretty good for me. However, I was completely wrong.
According to MH website, MH gold just has several benefits and most of the benefits are the same as Oneworld sapphire member basic privileges.
Comparing to the other airlines provide extra benefits to their own program elite member, there are several points I am really disappointed.
1.No guarantee seat for MH gold and even MH platinum you can only get guarantee economy IF first class and business class are not available.
2.No special greeting as an MH gold while flying in Economy nor in Business, well done MH treating own elite member as same as a normal member. I mean, I am not DYKWIM person, but at least making something different.
3.No op-up for MH elite member nor on birthday or anniversary, and no bookable upgrade passes. Even the chinchy SQ also provides bookable upgrade pass for their gold elite members as mid-tier benefits.
4. No free seat selection in advance while flying in economy. I know MH gold can pick a seat 72 hours prior but it's same as Oneworld sapphire.
5. Catastrophic redemption rate for award ticket....
6. The worst is yet to come. Since MH had changed the domestic flight economy check-in luggage allowance from 30kg to 20kg, MH gold can only check in 30kg luggage on a domestic flight(as 50%extra based on the normal luggage allowance), however, whereas Oneworld sapphire member can check in 20+15=35kg luggage....
7. Dedicated service call actually is not very helpful, I can book the ticket online by myself, and I won't call MH for chatting. Platinum meet & greet service also dispensable, Platinum members not based in KL won't ask for the service and, seriously? How hard it is to get luggage to the check-in area?

The only hidden gem(an extra benefit than Oneworld basic privileges) that I heard from MH platinum member is MH platinum member can book for first-class lobster gourmet cuisine when flying to/from LHR in Business. However, I won't be able to get MH platinum tier.

Learn something from CX, even CX's elite tier threshold is quite formidable, but CX is really doing the job, caring about their elite members, providing extra benefits like advance seat selection, high op-up chance and bookable upgrade pass, greeting onboard, guarantee seat in advance, extra benefits for gold and diamond members while staying in Mandarin Oriental hotel & four season hotel, and etc...(too many)
Their elite members are still willing to stay with Marco Polo Club.

MH should really learn how to treat own Enrich elite members well, try to make elite members willing to stay with Enrich, not just witlessly reduce the threshold getting gold or platinum tier.
uhhhh you sure about CX on all that? lots of complaints from the CX forum too you see...

the benefits at MO and FS are sometimes unheard of at the hotels themselves, op-ups are not that high (yes Golds supposedly have priority over OWE) unless your flight is completely full. Greeting doesn't always happen, but usually does... whilst the GO upgrade vouchers are only most useful in some routes... (HKG-DXB)

Being a CX GO, I sort of really like BAEC now... I was able to qualify for Gold (OWE) in a third the time it took me to qualify for CX Gold (OWS). What annoys me most about CX is the reset of CPs after each tier, and because of that I'm still a few flights away from DM
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
...<snip>....MH should really learn how to treat own Enrich elite members well, try to make elite members willing to stay with Enrich, not just witlessly reduce the threshold getting gold or platinum tier.
While I agree with your sentiment that Enrich could do more for Gold and Platinum; the examples you've provided are either mainly for Platinum/Emerald (ie: NOT Gold).
Enrich Plat is by far the best Oneworld Emerald tier in the alliance with the meet and greet and spouse Platinum.
Miles burn rates affect ALL members not just Gold/Plat. I agree it's disastrous for members, but I suspect that MH management don't care.

Writing to Enrich won't help. My brutally honest suggestion is - to shift your loyalty elsewhere if the Enrich program no longer meets your expectations.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d00t
While I agree with your sentiment that Enrich could do more for Gold and Platinum; the examples you've provided are either mainly for Platinum/Emerald (ie: NOT Gold).
Enrich Plat is by far the best Oneworld Emerald tier in the alliance with the meet and greet and spouse Platinum.
Miles burn rates affect ALL members not just Gold/Plat. I agree it's disastrous for members, but I suspect that MH management don't care.

Writing to Enrich won't help. My brutally honest suggestion is - to shift your loyalty elsewhere if the Enrich program no longer meets your expectations.
hmm I do think i mentioned there were some enhancements that MH can do for gold, example, free seat selection for MH gold in advance but keep the current restriction on oneworld sapphire. Guaranteed economy seat for Gold 72hrs prior meanwhile guaranteed Y/J seat for platinum 24hrs prior.

Meet and greet service i dont think it is really practical for members who arent based in KL, and the sponse match status actually also exist in many other airlines(like JAL) and even BA/finnair can give out Emerald to your friends when u reach milestone.
And since malaysians normally have a big family, why dont they extend gold/platinum to invite more than 1 guest to Golden lounge(let say 2, at least better than 1)?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:24 pm

hmm I do think i mentioned there were some enhancements that MH can do for gold, example, free seat selection for MH gold in advance but keep the current restriction on oneworld sapphire. Guaranteed economy seat for Gold 72hrs prior meanwhile guaranteed Y/J seat for platinum 24hrs prior.

Meet and greet service i dont think it is really practical for members who arent based in KL, and the sponse match status actually also exist in many other airlines(like JAL) and even BA/finnair can give out Emerald to your friends when u reach milestone.
And since malaysians normally have a big family, why dont they extend gold/platinum to invite more than 1 guest to Golden lounge(let say 2, at least better than 1)?
Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?
Honestly bro - the tactic these days works like this - fly MH, but credit all loyalty to BA, QF or CX.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: Enrich
Actually free seat selection was used to be there for silver and onwards, until MH decides to remove it sometime last year.... yeah, we can blame the previous CEO?

For the miles redemption rate, I believe this due to the reason that all oneworld members tried to equalize the redemption rate, which means sucks. So far I only used it for cash+miles, which end up more flexible and more worth while as you can call to upgrade by top up additional money when needed

But for enrich platinum, spouse definite will get a membership too. Just I don't think they will do for gold member since not economical for them. But I didn't realize the baggage allowance for gold is 50% instead of 15kg, probably this has to reflect to MH.

I would say personally I don't like any special greet service. Instead, I would like them to have a more consistency of crew service in all class. Even in business class I experienced both very good and very bad crew. While in economy class I have also experience some westerners tried to look down cabin crew.

For the call dedicated service, I don't think it is for regular people like us who have time to search for best flight tickets. But some business or corporate people, price is lesser issue than the effort and time to spend on searching the best travel route.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
you would be writing to the wrong place. You need to address this to the senior management.

For me the issue is that it offers very little to those of us living at the extremities of the network and is geared to the local market. The transfer match from Etihad gold was an impossibity.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
you would be writing to the wrong place. You need to address this to the senior management.
For me the issue is that it offers very little to those of us living at the extremities of the network and is geared to the local market. The transfer match from Etihad gold was an impossibity.
Originally Posted by quinzinho
This is gonna fail spectacularly. .....<<snip>>
Foreign, knowledgeable management needs to be brought in to turn the tide.
Senior management doesn't care about the program. If they did - the program would be better and they wouldn't have devalued the award chart 4 times in 4 years.

The head of enrich (a foreigner) recently left the company and there was a job ad I saw on linkedin which basically says how they want to sell off Enrich.
Another foreigner CCO departed recently - WestJet welcomes Arved von zur Muehlen as Chief Commercial Officer - Nov 30, 2018
Then there are the two foreigner CEOs - I mean it's not a great look when there's a bunch of high profile foreigners leaving over a few short years.

The easiest way is to view MH as a low-cost carrier that happens to be in a major alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.