Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH to axe First Class, rebrand and reposition as Business Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH to axe First Class, rebrand and reposition as Business Suites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:43 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Danial
What dici meant was the first class lounge section is way too quiet with no one around and maybe spooky to some guest. If I do want fast dining, I suggest you use the Business class section for the buffet first before you return back to First class section to relax.
Understood - but if MH cannot run a First/Elite lounge properly they really should just close it @:-) After all, the service in there is a total & utter joke. I was ignored for 10+ minutes. Never offered a drink. Given warm still water, without even asking for it & never shown a menu or drinks list - and thats in the Dining Room
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:57 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NoY
Understood - but if MH cannot run a First/Elite lounge properly they really should just close it @:-)

shhhh don't give them any further ideas...
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by NoY
Understood - but if MH cannot run a First/Elite lounge properly they really should just close it @:-) After all, the service in there is a total & utter joke. I was ignored for 10+ minutes. Never offered a drink. Given warm still water, without even asking for it & never shown a menu or drinks list - and thats in the Dining Room
MH don't deploy their A Team in that dining room - I find one has to be firm and clear, and have low expectations! And I think one has to feel sorry for the staff - they haven't been properly trained, and in their personal lives I severely doubt they ever eat in such a context, hence their clueless service. That said, they're perfectly capable of serving a good wine lunch or dinner, if you politely instruct them through the process.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I would believe Emeralds are still retained access to the former F lounge, at least according to this AusBT article

https://www.ausbt.com.au/lounge-acce...-suites-flyers
My personal experience : I flew quite often via KUL this past month and had 3 overnight stays at the transit hotel Sama Sama express, next to gate C5. I always had access (including 3 days ago) to the F lounge and only this Sunday, Dec 14th morning, I've found the staff to be slow in the First class dining area. But no decrease of F&B quality for now.
FYI, I was flying economy between PEN and KUL on the saturday evening last flight, had dinner when arriving at the F lounge in KUL, went to bed at the transit hotel and had breakfast the next morning before catching my flight to DPS...
All flying on discounted economy ticket and with no mention of any future lounge restrictions when I asked the lounge staff about it.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:08 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by templar42
MH don't deploy their A Team in that dining room - I find one has to be firm and clear, and have low expectations! And I think one has to feel sorry for the staff - they haven't been properly trained, and in their personal lives I severely doubt they ever eat in such a context, hence their clueless service. That said, they're perfectly capable of serving a good wine lunch or dinner, if you politely instruct them through the process.
LOL.

No "A Team" in the F Lounge.
Low expectations.
Poor/no training.
Clueless service.

Well done MH, just what frequent/elite &/or F travelers are looking for @:-)^
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: Enrich
I believe they realized the F lounge is there just for the sake of being a F lounge, while no much F passenger in their flight. It could be kind of waste for them when their best staff being there but doing nothing for whole time. So it just more towards business where they focus on which type of lounge has more usage by passengers.

Honestly the renovation of golden F lounge now looks to be wasted money since they change the First to Business suite. Maybe they should have another minor renovation to joint them
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dici
I believe they realized the F lounge is there just for the sake of being a F lounge, while no much F passenger in their flight. It could be kind of waste for them when their best staff being there but doing nothing for whole time. So it just more towards business where they focus on which type of lounge has more usage by passengers.

Honestly the renovation of golden F lounge now looks to be wasted money since they change the First to Business suite. Maybe they should have another minor renovation to joint them
I rather prefer the old F lounge that has 4 rooms with proper bed and locked door, gives me more flexibility to book over night connecting flights on MH network. They also had more shower rooms in the old F lounge, shower now only slightly better however less rooms means you'll have to be in a queue in the morning. Maybe MH figured out less shower taken = less cost.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:49 am

I would suggest to pop over business lounge to take a shower then back to F lounge. I found that the business lounge shower facility usually available for usage. So far I took the shower in 6am, 4pm, and 12midnight, either all were available or less than two rooms were occupied.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: QF GO
The useless MH booking system wouldn’t allow you to book Business Suite as one part to your itinerary.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:27 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kleenlex
The useless MH booking system wouldn’t allow you to book Business Suite as one part to your itinerary.
actually it does:

MH has one of those systems online which allows you to book the outbound/return in a different class, unlike some other airlines like CX
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:44 pm

Actually both of you are right. Under certain condition, you can book two different classes in return ticket, such as economy + business, and business + business suite. Some of the flight period MH booking system will shows a promo price for higher class. However, at least 70% of the booking period, they will only shows single class booking availability.

But if you really wish to book different class in one trip, and the system does not show up, then you will need to go for travel agent. Usually well establish travel agent they are using different kind of booking system that allows them to book across multiple class/fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.