Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Firefly suspending all flights to Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Firefly suspending all flights to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 5:35 pm

And this article suggests this could have been avoided with different decisions 5+ months ago...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ubang-11491608
The flight was later diverted to Johor’s Senai Airport after Seletar Airport declared that visibility was not suitable for landing.
Firefly currently uses a visual approach when landing at Seletar Airport. Malaysia’s transport minister Anthony Loke previously said that the carrier is working towards retrofitting its entire fleet with instruments for GPS-based approach procedures.

Also, they claim to be reimbursing people affected who paid Grab prices out of pocket... (though I thought Grab across the Causeway was not permitted?)
Taxis were provided for about 10 passengers on board the diverted flight, said the spokesman. The remaining passengers booked Grab vehicles to their destinations, which will be reimbursed.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Maybe meeting in SG and staying in JB...
Old May 2, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up First pics

Some pics of the new airport from last Sat. - it's so new that my Mom's taxi driver didn't know where it was when she left on Mon.
Overall a good airport, and the walk to the terminal from the tarmac was very short like 50m as there were no other aircraft parked there
(I saw lots of private jets tho :-

For car pick ups, it's located inside the car park so the driver will have to come in but there is a grace period of 10 min. I think.
The car park reminds me of the old Changi T1 airport before it got torn down & converted into a giant shopping mall ...
Lots of good memories of the open air car park ..

Not sure if it was due to the location of Seletar/Pasir Gudang etc but before arrival & landing, the pilot made several sharp turns/bank to the right & it made me feel really nauseous.

As you can see from the pics, there were lots of airport staff & officers on the tarmac when we landed, there were probably more staff inside the terminal & outside on the tarmac than there were pax (the flight was very lightly loaded - 20 pax maybe)

Old May 24, 2019, 6:59 am

Looks like it's been a slow uptake on KL-SEletar flights, but it's picking up (the CNA article is much more in-depth and picks up on the nuances, the ST article just goes for the headline):

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...rport-11559214

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...hts-to-seletar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.